Poll

Who's the best candidate for real thinking Americans ?  Why ?

Bachmann
4 (16%)
Perry
15 (60%)
Cain
6 (24%)

Total Members Voted: 23

Author Topic: Bachmann, Perry or Cain  (Read 8635 times)

tombogan03884

Re: Bachmann, Perry or Cain
« Reply #10 on: August 14, 2011, 01:00:50 AM »
Got an E mail from the Cain campaign with the Iowa straw poll results.
I find it interesting and amusing that the MSM's "frontrunner" came in 7th

Today, at the Ames (Iowa) Straw Poll, the 2012 Republican nomination campaign kicked into high gear. While the main-stream-media will create a story that depicts today's winner as the clear front-runner for the GOP nomination, that is not necessarily the truth.

History has shown that this contest is not indicative of the outcome of the actual caucus votes that truly matter in early 2012.  For example, George H.W. Bush won the straw poll in 1979, yet America went on to elect one of our greatest Presidents...Ronald Reagan.

I have said from the beginning that I would not buy a straw poll victory. We worked hard.  We organized. We turned our supporters out to the Straw Poll.  While I did not place 1st, 2nd, or 3rd, I am happy with our strong placing.  I spent less money, had less name ID than the front runners, but our strong showing is evidence of the deep support for a non-politician problem solver who has the courage and conviction to change the way things work in Washington.  I beat better known, better funded politicians...including those who have held titles like Governor and Speaker of the House.

Straw Poll Results
Michelle Bachman - 4,823
Ron Paul - 4, 621
Tim Pawlenty - 2, 293
Rick Santorum - 1,657
Herman Cain - 1, 456
Rick Perry - 718
Mitt Romney - 567
Newt Gingrich - 385
Jon Huntsman - 69
Thaddeus McCotter - 35
Scattering - 162

Many individuals told our campaign workers they would have switched their votes had they had opportunity to vote after hearing my speech.  I truly believe that we will reach the top in the real Iowa caucuses (as well as in the nomination) as my name ID increases and my message of Common Sense Solutions spreads across America.

PegLeg45

• NRA Life, SAF, Constitutionalist
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1072
« Reply #11 on: August 14, 2011, 10:19:49 AM »
I saw on Meet the Press where Pawlenty is dropping out today.

David Gregory had Bachman on and had the nerve to comment/ask about how her "limited legislative experience" related to her "qualifications" to be PotUS. Considering she was a state senator and is/was a three-term (I think) US Representative, that puts her, what, several YEARS ahead of our CURRENT Commander in Thief in the "legislative experience" department?
"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

Timothy

« Reply #12 on: August 14, 2011, 10:26:58 AM »
I like what all three have been saying but I haven't looked into their records or accomplishments.  Bachman and Cain have business experience and Perry has a proven record of eliminating the BS that businesses have to endure and has created more jobs in Texas than all the rest of the states combined.

While I don't care about of the color or ones skin, Cain probably won't become the second black POTUS...the first didn't work out as planned.

Perry and Bachman, at this point I gotta go with the Texan and maybe Bachman as the VP on the ticket.  They'd carry a larger portion of the independents through the election.

PegLeg45

• NRA Life, SAF, Constitutionalist
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1072
« Reply #13 on: August 14, 2011, 10:46:21 AM »
I like what all three have been saying but I haven't looked into their records or accomplishments.  Bachman and Cain have business experience and Perry has a proven record of eliminating the BS that businesses have to endure and has created more jobs in Texas than all the rest of the states combined.

While I don't care about of the color or ones skin, Cain probably won't become the second black POTUS...the first didn't work out as planned.

Perry and Bachman, at this point I gotta go with the Texan and maybe Bachman as the VP on the ticket.  They'd carry a larger portion of the independents through the election.

True on the first statement in bold, and I see potential in the second. Time will tell.
"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

Bic

• Top Forum Member
  • It's just a pen name...
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #14 on: August 14, 2011, 11:04:15 AM »
Perry for sure but I think he has to go with a woman or a 'minority' for veep, I'm thinking Rubio -
Best Wishes, Mike.

Sponsor

« Reply #15 on: Today at 06:02:16 AM »

tombogan03884

« Reply #15 on: August 14, 2011, 11:20:44 AM »
Perry for sure but I think he has to go with a woman or a 'minority' for veep, I'm thinking Rubio -

Interesting, Rubio would be a good VP choice for any of the 3

fightingquaker13

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #16 on: August 14, 2011, 11:31:34 AM »
Yep a first term minority senator. That's worked out so well. I at least have learned. What's y'all's excuse? ;D
FQ13

Timothy

« Reply #17 on: August 14, 2011, 11:37:51 AM »
Has anyone verified Rubios immigration status to become the POTUS?

I know he was born here of Cuban immigrants but didn't look any further into it.

fightingquaker13

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #18 on: August 14, 2011, 11:39:29 AM »
Has anyone verified Rubios immigration status to become the POTUS?

I know he was born here of Cuban immigrants but didn't look any further into it.
That's all it takes.
FQ13

tombogan03884

« Reply #19 on: August 14, 2011, 01:36:42 PM »
Yep a first term minority senator. That's worked out so well. I at least have learned. What's y'all's excuse? ;D
FQ13

That hurt.  
But this time its for the associate position, not the top spot.  ;D

Haven't you ever heard of APPRENTICESHIP.   ;D

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk