Author Topic: Black Rifle input please!  (Read 15491 times)

Lucas

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Black Rifle input please!
« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2008, 12:41:55 AM »
Ok, so I think I made my desicion.  A couple of questions for the XCR owners.  What kind of stock?  I am interested in the folding colapsable.  Also, with the 200 yard shots,  are you guys using the light or heavy barrel?  Are you using a co-witness setup?
By the ring of our swords, and the flash of our cannons, they will know that We Are Free

AR 15 Rep

• Forum Member
  • Quality M-16 and AR-15, Mil spec parts, U.S. mfg.
    • M-16 Parts.com
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: April 02, 2008, 02:35:10 PM »
The XCR is a good rifle but when it started there were some problems, it seems they have ironed them out now.  I actually shot one of the first 25 made.  Good to hear they got that one off the drawing board, sounds like I may have to pick one up now.

Bigpops

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: April 10, 2008, 06:52:59 PM »
Sorry Lucas...have not checked this in awhile.

Sorry, I am not a XCR expert as of yet,(though I did stay at a Holiday Inn) but I highly reccommend that you check out the XCR forum.  You will find some straight forward questions and answers there.
I pick my XCR up in a week or so.  I did get mine with the collapsable/folding stock.  Besides looking cool :), I figured it gave me more options.

For what it is worth.....I was within a day of purchasing an AR.  I was looking very heavy at a Panther, Sig, and a few others.  Then my local FFL showed me the info and a XCR.  Love at first sight!

Visit the forum...read all about it.  Ask a million questions.

I plan to break my XCR in as soon as possible after I get my hands on it.  If your interested let me know, and I will keep you informed.

Lucas

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: April 10, 2008, 08:14:34 PM »
Definatly,  I would be interested!  I am in the market for about $1700 worth of assault rifle.  I thought I had looked at everything then I saw this post.  I am interested in the piston operation.  I am currently looking into getting an AK in .223 and an AR for the same price as the XCR.  I have been racking my brain figuring this will be my last chance at an assault rifle.  I dont own one yet so I want every thing but I want it to last for the rest of my life.  As you can see this is driving me nuts!!!
By the ring of our swords, and the flash of our cannons, they will know that We Are Free

levres

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #14 on: April 11, 2008, 08:48:08 AM »
would you consider putting a scope on your rifle/

Sponsor

« Reply #15 on: Today at 03:00:10 AM »

Lucas

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #15 on: April 19, 2008, 12:59:29 AM »
Not exactly,  my plan thus far is to get one of the Eotechs that will co-witness.

USSA-1

• Top Forum Member
    • US Shooting Academy
  • Liked:
« Reply #16 on: April 22, 2008, 07:44:40 AM »
Bigpops,
          Thought I'd give you an update on my testing.

So far, my round count is 1,500 rds total.  1,100 with no cleaning and not additional oil.  The last 100 rounds I used my suppressor, which really fouls things up fast.

I'm going to bore snake the chamber and barrel and add some oil tonight.  I'm teaching a course at USSA this weekend and I plan on running the suppressor for most of the course so it should get another couple of hundred rounds through it.  The suppressor should really help get it gunked up.  If it works well through the weekend, I'll clean it up and start some accuracy testing.

Nothing to report except it's boringly reliable to date (as long at the gas selector is properly set for the ammunition being used)

One thing I did notice was that my two ejector screws were loose.  I will definitely lock tight them into place when I decide to clean the rifle.  I wanted to see how long it would take before they started to loosen up.  I would call it around 1,200 rds. as to when they started getting loose.

Erik
"Occupo Mens"
Win the Fight

Watch The Tactical Rifle Channel

gunman1911

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger Emeritus
  • Liked:
« Reply #17 on: April 27, 2008, 10:07:59 AM »
Sure, no problem.

Make sure to post some pics when you get the XCR setup with all the goodies. :)

USSA-1

Maybe I should sell my Colt H-BAR and get a XCR? Sounds like an idea.
Back up guns---Better to have and not need than to need and not have!

tombogan03884

« Reply #18 on: April 27, 2008, 10:53:31 AM »
Maybe I should sell my Colt H-BAR and get a XCR? Sounds like an idea.

If it aint broke don't "fix" it

Lucas

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #19 on: April 27, 2008, 12:17:46 PM »
We don't sell guns in my family!!!  However more than once someone has gotten a loan from a relative,  and left one as collateral!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk