Author Topic: Quick and Strong Prayers Needed!  (Read 10540 times)

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 872
Quick and Strong Prayers Needed!
« on: September 20, 2011, 09:07:12 PM »
This is an overview from the event page on facebook.  I will post this morning's update done on Corey's page by his sister in law

Time   
Friday, October 21 · 6:00pm - 9:00pm
808 E 6th St
Newton KS
Created By   
Corey & Ronda Harder Benefit
More Info   
Corey & Ronda live in Newton KS, with their 8 year old son Zane. They both grew up in Mountain Lake, MN. Ronda is a cosmetologist and Corey is a motorcycle/hot rod designer/builder. Zane is in the 3rd grade. In 2003 Corey was treated and recovered from a brain tumor, and in July of 2011 he was diagnosed again with a brain tumor.

This benefit is planned by family and friends of the Harders to off-set medical & living expenses as Corey has been receiving treatment.

If you have an item or service you would like to donate to the auction, contact Trish Deutschendorf at 316.288.9399.

If you are unable to attend but would like to make a donation, a benefit account has been set up for the Harder Family at Midland National Bank in Newton.
Donations can be made to: “Corey & Ronda Harder Benefit Account"
c/o Midland National Bank, 527 N Main St, Newton KS 67114
If I appear taller than other men it is because I am standing on the shoulders of others.

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
Re: Quick and Strong Prayers Needed!
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2011, 09:08:35 PM »
Surgery is still planned for Thursday, Sept 22nd.

We're done with Corey Harder's appointments today - had a good report with the "department of imaging physics" - they did a functional MRI and saw evidence of speech function in the right side of Corey's brain - the opposite side as the tumor. This is excellent news! This doctor also told us that he prayed for us on his drive in to work today, and prayed with us in the waiting room. God is here amoung us, and this dr says Corey will benefit greatly from surgery!!! It's good to feel good!
If I appear taller than other men it is because I am standing on the shoulders of others.

Dakotaranger

• Happiness is a 1911 in your hand
  • Top Forum Member
    • Dakotaranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2011, 10:36:58 PM »
Prayers sent
"One loves to possess arms, though they hope never to have occasion for them." --Thomas Jefferson, letter to George Washington, 1796

PegLeg45

• NRA Life, SAF, Constitutionalist
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1030
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2011, 10:45:06 PM »
"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

ellis4538

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2011, 02:13:50 AM »
Just sent one out.

God Bless,

Richard
Used to be "The only thing to FEAR was FEAR ITSELF", nowadays "The only thing to FEAR is GETTING CAUGHT!"

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 08:51:44 AM »

atmiller

• Very Active Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2011, 06:21:06 AM »
Prayer sent. 

twyacht

• "Cogito, ergo armatum sum."
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2011, 04:51:11 PM »
Done.
Thomas Jefferson: The strongest reason for the people to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against the tyranny of government. That is why our masters in Washington are so anxious to disarm us. They are not afraid of criminals. They are afraid of a populace which cannot be subdued by tyrants."
Col. Jeff Cooper.

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2011, 08:25:22 PM »
Corey went in at 7:30 this morning (central time).  At 11:30 the doctor came out to say all was going well, but they were really just getting started.  Now, almost 13 hours into this I haven't heard anything new.  Can't get a hold of his dad either (dad didn't go to Houston and is here at home).

Praying for all the usual, plus that no news is good news.

Thanks All!

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2011, 12:19:16 PM »
Just stopped in for some lunch, and here is what I found posted by Corey's wife:

Thank you Thank you Thank you for ALL the prayers yesterday.....surgery went well....Corey can still talk and move his right hand, although it is weak and can't "use" it. We Thank God for these miracles and are still praying for another big one! Praying chemo and/or radiation can get what the surgery couldn't. Corey slept well last night and has his humor. : )

Thanks again all!

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2011, 10:10:28 AM »
Here is the latest update:

I know it's lengthy but I want all my friends to read my story below and know why I ask for prayer and not happy thoughts
I sit here this morning as a emotional mess people. I walked into MD Anderson Cancer Treatment Center last week and was surrounded by Dr.'s friends and family that all preyed with us. Yes the Dr.'s came out and prayed with us. Day one was test and multiple MRI's. We sat back and watched God's miracles flow in. We were told that the MRI were like they had never seen before. Surgery was first thing the next day. Not known to everyone is that I have been dealing with a fast growing tumor which means its effects have been extensive to the right side of my body. I have some facial droop. and speech problems, but as a designer the loss of use of my right arm and hand was difficult. luckily My right leg never left me so I was always able to walk. The Tumor was swelling and wrapped around my speech area.The Dr. removed the tumor from around my speech area and most mechanical functions. When I woke from surgery I could still speech(big deal). And I was still alive after someone had scooped chunks of my brain out.Day three I met with what seemed like hundreds of Dr.s, and a couple of Physical therapists. I was given a list of excercises to do to regain strength in my right arm. The next day I had regained at least 50% of the use of my right arm, and it continues to improve. I was discharged Sunday at 11:30 and signed my own paper work and walked out of the hospital. Follow up with Dr. went well, they are trying to get me in a clinical trial to deal with what is still left. But We have three weeks of not having to deal with so much.

The biopsy showed that Corey has is a stage 4 glioblastoma tumor.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk