Author Topic: Jus wondering Part Deux, Olympic Arms or Lone Wolf pistol caliber AR's  (Read 8175 times)

Tyler Durden

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 4
Hi all,

I saw the latest cover of the Shotgun News Treasury.  It has a digital camo duracoated Olympic Arms KLG40 on the front cover.

so that led me to the 9mm version that takes Glock magazines, and I presume would take the big 33 round 9mm Glock mag:

http://olyarms.net/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=flypage.pbv.v8.tpl&product_id=59&category_id=24&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=5

and I hear Lone Wolf makes a 9mm AR lower which takes Glock mags:

http://www.lonewolfdist.com/Detail.aspx?PROD=285845&CAT=288

Yeah...yeah....I know...it seems like everybody on the internet loves to bash Olympic Arms.

What say you?

tombogan03884

Re: Jus wondering Part Deux, Olympic Arms or Lone Wolf pistol caliber AR's
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2011, 09:55:43 AM »
I know a couple people who have Olympic AR's and they are happy with them.

Solus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 43
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2011, 10:35:35 AM »
Had a Olympic Arms NM AR some years ago.

Scoped, using handloads, 100yds from a rest it would it would put them in .75" all day, mag after mag full.

I have nothing but good things to say about my experience.
Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!"
—Patrick Henry

"Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority. It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters."
— Daniel Webster

Tyler Durden

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2011, 11:52:34 AM »
you guys are a fresh of breath air versus some of the AR snobbery I have seen first hand on other forums.

Thanks!

Solus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 43
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2011, 12:14:25 PM »
you guys are a fresh of breath air versus some of the AR snobbery I have seen first hand on other forums.

Thanks!

All my life I was wanting the chance to be a fresh of breath air....dreams do come true.  ;D
Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!"
—Patrick Henry

"Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority. It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters."
— Daniel Webster

Sponsor

Tyler Durden

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2011, 12:33:23 PM »
I am glad I was able to help you reach self-actualization.
 ;D

bafsu92

• Top Forum Member
  • Si vis Pacem, Para bellum
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2011, 05:56:39 PM »
I've got one of the Lone Wolf lowers with an upper I built. I love it, being able to use Glock mags is a great + for 9mm AR's. I don't know anything about the Oly models but I too think they get an unfair reputation, everything I've ever seen from them was quality. One of the best 1911's I've ever owned was a custom built Safari Arms (part of Olympic Arms)
Cogito, ergo armatum sum

"Capitalization is the difference between helping
your Uncle Jack off a horse and helping your uncle jack off a horse." - Unknown

"Political Correctness is a doctrine fostered by a delusional illogical liberal minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous liberal press,which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end." - Unknown

twyacht

• "Cogito, ergo armatum sum."
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2011, 06:46:21 PM »
A long time shooting partner in NC, had an Oly standard AR, and it went bang every time. I too think half of the criticism of Oly came from folks that heard about a guy, that knew a guy's former roommates cousin's brother who had a POS.....

Thomas Jefferson: The strongest reason for the people to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against the tyranny of government. That is why our masters in Washington are so anxious to disarm us. They are not afraid of criminals. They are afraid of a populace which cannot be subdued by tyrants."
Col. Jeff Cooper.

Timothy

« Reply #8 on: December 29, 2011, 07:09:38 PM »
I've never heard of Olympic Arms but, everything I've never heard was positive!

;D

BAC

« Reply #9 on: December 30, 2011, 08:38:26 AM »

Thanks!

Are you referring to AR15.com?  I tried that site for a couple days before realizing the incredible amount of douchebaggery present there.  In fact, it took longer for them to deem me worthy of membership and allow me to join than it took me to decide I didn't want to have anything to do with them.

If I offend any AR15.com members who frequent DRTV, I guess I'll just have to live with myself.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk