Poll

It's summer 2012 and violent riots are breaking out across the nation supported by leftist & liberals.  What do you do?

Avoid the cities and let them burn.
28 (63.6%)
Bring marshmallows to the bonfire.
7 (15.9%)
Something else.
9 (20.5%)

Total Members Voted: 41

Author Topic: SUMMER MELTDOWN 2012 ? ?  (Read 40478 times)

tombogan03884

Re: SUMMER MELTDOWN 2012 ? ?
« Reply #50 on: June 21, 2012, 01:20:54 PM »
Won't happen.

If anything happens, it won't be total melt-down.  It will be like the OWS protests.  Look for trouble in certain cities and much less in others.  LA, Seattle, NY, Atlanta-- large cities that are decided liberal will be where the worst of it is.  New Orleans.  They can't get anything right there.  Always localized.  Remember the Watts Riots?  What happened elsewhere?  Nada.  After the Rodney King verdicts (first time)? Trouble in small areas.  I really wanted to see the chick calling for the rioters to leave their black neighborhood head into the rich white neighborhood... imagine the look on the face of the mob when they try to scale or force down the gate only to have someone's brains splattered by a hunting rifle fired from the house.

Less trouble in conservative cities and states. 

Neighborhoods ban together to protect their neighborhoods- expect nice subdivisions to protect themselves.  Expect a few anti-capitalist racists to say let's go take some back from this or that- and get a smack down when they do.

Expect the ghettos and barrios to burn.  Expect me not to care.

Watts isn't a very good example since it was an isolated incident with no nation wide effect.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Watts_Riots

Abetter example would be the summer of 1968 since several of the same factors are in play.
Racial division,
Presidential election,
large scale public dissatisfaction with Washington,
We even have a war for the "appeasers" to complain about.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:1968_riots

It doesn't really change your point though, blacks and the OWS crowd will burn their own neighborhoods and expect the tax payers to rebuild them.

Steven Cline

• Active Forum Member
  • What are you tollin' for here?
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #51 on: June 21, 2012, 09:19:27 PM »
Watts isn't a very good example since it was an isolated incident with no nation wide effect.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Watts_Riots

Abetter example would be the summer of 1968 since several of the same factors are in play.
Racial division,
Presidential election,
large scale public dissatisfaction with Washington,
We even have a war for the "appeasers" to complain about.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:1968_riots

It doesn't really change your point though, blacks and the OWS crowd will burn their own neighborhoods and expect the tax payers to rebuild them.

Watts was an example of isolation of dissatisfaction.

1968 is a better example.   8)

But, they would have technology and organization I don't believe they had in '68.  Certainly not the money. 

I think that when a few of the "eat the rich" make their first foray into a nice neighborhood and the anarchist get a taste of their own world without rules and find they actually are sissies relying on the restraint of society, they find they aren't so bad after all. 

The weekend shooter plinking at 100 yards becomes a merciless sniper to these bozos. 

I think the Governors quash it before it gets out of hand in some places.  The liberal bastions burn, hears to hoping it's a little chlorine for the gene pool (as I once heard it put).
"OK. You've convinced me. Competitive shooting only improves trigger control, indexing, accuracy, safe weapon handling, target acquisition, transitions, recoil control, shooting on the move, shooting moving targets, shooting in different positions, drawing from a holster, shooting one handed, shooting targets of varying size, difficulty, and distance, and doing those things under the pressure of the clock. Clearly those are skills that are of little importance in self defense or tactical shooting. "  -The post which went ignored and unaddressed.

Rastus

• Mindlessness Fuels Tyranny
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 602
Re: Summer Meltdown 2012?
« Reply #52 on: June 21, 2012, 10:28:36 PM »
<snip>

<snip>

Yeah, everybody is a tough guy until the Pampers Clown shows up meaning to misbehave. 

I hear he's been clowned cloned and is coming to a neighborhood near yours.  The National Guard will no doubt dissolve in his presence.

I bet he still lives with his mom and dad.
Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.
It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
-William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)
                                                                                                                               Avoid subjugation, join the NRA!

tombogan03884

« Reply #53 on: June 21, 2012, 10:33:57 PM »
I don't care where he lives.
Just as long as it's no where near me.

Rastus

• Mindlessness Fuels Tyranny
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 602
« Reply #54 on: June 21, 2012, 10:38:15 PM »
I don't care where he lives.
Just as long as it's no where near me.

I bet he lives near you and I bet his gun comes with batteries too.  You didn't happen to hear a buzzing sound coming from a neighbor's place late at night did you?   :o

Be afraid, be very afraid....he could be your orthodonist.
Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.
It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
-William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)
                                                                                                                               Avoid subjugation, join the NRA!

Sponsor

« Reply #55 on: Today at 02:40:57 AM »

tombogan03884

« Reply #55 on: June 22, 2012, 12:19:20 AM »
I bet he lives near you and I bet his gun comes with batteries too.  You didn't happen to hear a buzzing sound coming from a neighbor's place late at night did you?   :o

Be afraid, be very afraid....he could be your orthodonist.

I did hear buzzing but that was just her........ Never mind, suffice to say she's more than double bag homely,
She's got bruises from people touching her with 10 foot poles.   ;D

TWillis

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #56 on: August 20, 2012, 10:09:12 PM »
It's just to hot and dangerous what with all this global warming  :P. Guess I'll just have book a trip to South Africa were they just had a nation wide snow storm the first snow since 1968 ( Won't hear about that in the lame steam media). Oh wait scratch that they're having real riots Jimmy Hoffa style riots where two scabs got hacked to death with machetes for crossing the picket line and the two police officers who responded got burned to death in their car. Funny though you only found that out at the end of the article. The article started out with how 44 strikers were killed by police RESPONDING TO THIS MAYHEM.  As far as local problems I try to read the paper & keep my ear to the ground for local demonstrations. Even ones I support I'm staying clear of this close to the election. Who knows who will crash the party with emotions running so high. Take the attempted mass shooting in DC.

Magoo541

• Bryan Munson
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #57 on: August 20, 2012, 11:27:39 PM »
So far the Summer of 2012 meltdown has fizzled and the horrendous actions of a few deranged, or as MB would say BROKEN, people has only resulted in more people realizing that the Police are just not going to be there when they are needed the most.  Some have taken the matter into their own hands and acquired Concealed Weapons Permits, bought new firearms and ammo or both.  You could say the community agitators plans have backfired on them leaving them looking a little "too smart by half".
He who dares wins.  SAS

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 467
« Reply #58 on: August 21, 2012, 05:36:30 AM »
So far the Summer of 2012 meltdown has fizzled and the horrendous actions of a few deranged, or as MB would say BROKEN, people has only resulted in more people realizing that the Police are just not going to be there when they are needed the most.  Some have taken the matter into their own hands and acquired Concealed Weapons Permits, bought new firearms and ammo or both.  You could say the community agitators plans have backfired on them leaving them looking a little "too smart by half".

I agree it seems like the summer "unrest" has passed without incident.  I think it has been reported that overall the liberal/progressive movement of Obama supporters is much less active this election year than in 2008.  An apathy has settled in.

Two things to consider. It was a very hot summer and not too conducive to outside protests.  But more importantly is that the conventions are coming up soon and it may be the leaders of what movement there is left are concentrating their efforts on Tampa.

My take is the whole thing has fizzled.  oBH has been in office for 3+ years and nothing has really changed at the street level, aside from the amnesty program that was just implemented.  Unemployment is still high.  Confidence still low. 

Will work for ammo
USAF MAC 437th MAW 1968-1972

Pathfinder

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger -- NRA Life Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 85
« Reply #59 on: August 21, 2012, 06:04:53 AM »
I agree it seems like the summer "unrest" has passed without incident.  I think it has been reported that overall the liberal/progressive movement of Obama supporters is much less active this election year than in 2008.  An apathy has settled in.

Two things to consider. It was a very hot summer and not too conducive to outside protests.  But more importantly is that the conventions are coming up soon and it may be the leaders of what movement there is left are concentrating their efforts on Tampa.

My take is the whole thing has fizzled.  oBH has been in office for 3+ years and nothing has really changed at the street level, aside from the amnesty program that was just implemented.  Unemployment is still high.  Confidence still low. 

At the street level, lots has changed. More people are on food stamps, more people have quit looking for work, hence the lowered numbers, more people are at or below the poverty line, etc. etc. etc. Only these are not the kind of people who can (quite literally) afford to go do the whole Occupy <fill in the blank> thing.

And more than likely these days, they are also the ones who will shoot your ass if you come onto their property.

Wait for the conventions. This is less a fizzle than the quiet before the storm. The Dems will do all they can to fire up ALL of their supporters (OWS, ACORN, unions), and if there is any kind of serious trouble at the Rep convention, what with all that security, that is a harbinger for the next 2 months after that.
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do this to others and I require the same from them"

J.B. Books

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk