Poll

It's summer 2012 and violent riots are breaking out across the nation supported by leftist & liberals.  What do you do?

Avoid the cities and let them burn.
28 (63.6%)
Bring marshmallows to the bonfire.
7 (15.9%)
Something else.
9 (20.5%)

Total Members Voted: 41

Author Topic: SUMMER MELTDOWN 2012 ? ?  (Read 40379 times)

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 467
Re: SUMMER MELTDOWN 2012 ? ?
« Reply #60 on: August 22, 2012, 07:06:09 AM »
At the street level, lots has changed. More people are on food stamps, more people have quit looking for work, hence the lowered numbers, more people are at or below the poverty line, etc. etc. etc.

That's what I meant, I think.  Maybe I should have said, things haven't improved. 
Will work for ammo
USAF MAC 437th MAW 1968-1972

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 907
« Reply #61 on: August 23, 2012, 09:14:14 AM »
I am waiting for the Republican National Convention to see what the election season will look like.  With V.P. Biden going to Tampa to incite a riot attend a Democrat rally in the same city and same time as the RNC it will be a good view of what Pres. BHO has in mind for Tuesday, November 6, 2012 and beyond.

Personally, I expect that groups like Occupy Wall Street, the Black Panthers, and homosexual groups will be like annoying mosquitos at best, and could become violent.  I do not know what to expect out of the Brady Campaign, because they have gotten very little public satisfaction from Pres. BHO and his ilk this term.
If I appear taller than other men it is because I am standing on the shoulders of others.

tombogan03884

« Reply #62 on: August 23, 2012, 10:24:52 AM »
If it were not for the tropical storm at the same time I would expect another "Chicago 68".
High winds and torrential rains may put a damper on that though.  ;D

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 907
« Reply #63 on: August 23, 2012, 12:15:40 PM »
If it were not for the tropical storm at the same time I would expect another "Chicago 68".
High winds and torrential rains may put a damper on that though.  ;D

Or the storm may completely miss the area.  Nothing but some showers or even sunshine could hit.  However, if there is a storm and even one Occupier gets wet it will be Bush's fault and Gov. Romney will be unfit to govern because he is "out of touch with the 99% and uncaring about their needs."
If I appear taller than other men it is because I am standing on the shoulders of others.

twyacht

• "Cogito, ergo armatum sum."
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #64 on: August 23, 2012, 05:57:47 PM »
As a S. Florida resident, the hype is overrated. If I lived in MS, AL, or the Florida panhandle,....I'd watch it... After my time in coastal NC with "real" smacks from hurricanes, I won't even buy extra beer over this one...

For the OWS lack of movement,,.....the MSM didn't report the OWS group stormed a BHO office in CA. last week, or their dumb-ass plans to disrupt the conventions,....blah, blah, blah,....

I'm more concerned if BHO steals/wins the vote in Nov. and it's aftermath....

Plus real folks know just how to deal with OWS scumbags....I posted this pic earlier this summer....Retired Marine deals with an OWS protestor late Spring this year,.... ::)

Than again there is always diaper boy,.... :P

Thomas Jefferson: The strongest reason for the people to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against the tyranny of government. That is why our masters in Washington are so anxious to disarm us. They are not afraid of criminals. They are afraid of a populace which cannot be subdued by tyrants."
Col. Jeff Cooper.

Sponsor

« Reply #65 on: Today at 04:38:27 PM »

Ping

• Top Forum Member
  • Glock Certified Armorer & NRA Certified Instructor
  • Liked:
« Reply #65 on: August 24, 2012, 04:05:08 PM »
Love the post TW!  ;) ^^^^^^

steelhawk

• Forum Member
    • Bear River Holsters
  • Liked:
« Reply #66 on: September 06, 2012, 09:59:37 PM »
Well, summer has come and gone without the hyped up meltdown.  There's always election day and a Romney win.  Something may happen then. 

I'm quite a ways away from any city that will riot, but if something does come my way, it can be seen from miles away, and it wouldn't take long to organize the neighborhood for self defense purposes.  Lots of guns in my area owned by decent, honest people. 
Owner, Bear River Holsters:  http://www.bearriverholsters.com

Public schools:  putting the "K" in quality.

Bic

• Top Forum Member
  • It's just a pen name...
  • Liked:
« Reply #67 on: September 06, 2012, 10:42:32 PM »
Welcome Steelhawk,  that's pretty much how we feel here too:

MP
Best Wishes, Mike.

Ranger Dave

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 16
« Reply #68 on: September 06, 2012, 10:50:29 PM »
Same thought

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 467
« Reply #69 on: September 21, 2012, 07:26:35 AM »
So who would have guessed the riots are occurring overseas?

The big question is are these part of a centrally planned movement?  If so, who's behind them and who's supporting them?

At the present they don't seem to be aiding bHO, but if the "unrest" spreads, could the eventually be used as an excuse for martial law?

Will work for ammo
USAF MAC 437th MAW 1968-1972

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk