Author Topic: REVOLVERS for sale: Latest 686 and 66 for sale/auction  (Read 8710 times)

Ping

• Top Forum Member
  • Glock Certified Armorer & NRA Certified Instructor
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: REVOLVERS for sale: Latest 686 and 66 for sale/auction
« Reply #10 on: March 08, 2012, 08:49:44 PM »
Awesome firearm.

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 467
« Reply #11 on: March 13, 2012, 05:40:30 PM »
So I'm sorry for no updates on the new 686.   I guess a photo shoot is in order to catch up on things.

I took the 686 out last Friday with a friend Brian and his GF, Brenda.   He and I have known each other for 10 years but didn't know the other was a shooter until recently (thank you facebook).  Well Brenda wants a revolver.   (Go Girl).   She's tall and thin with long hands so she can hold them pretty well.   She's not looking for any pink, Marshell'ete sissy stuff.  She wants a revolver.  She had shot the rentals, but she got to compare, side-by-sie my M66 and 686 along side the range rental M60.  She's opting for the 4" 686!   Wants to have fun at the range and as an "around-the-house" defensive weapon. 

The 686 shot well, as would be expected.  A little stiff trigger pull but very doable.  Not great groups at 25yds, but I'll get serious with it this Friday.   Went back today for another quick 100 rounds to really break it in.   I'm planning on using this in IDPA SSR.

WELL EXCEPT

The wife has an educational discount for "the" new iPad and we decided last night, she needs to get it to stay current with technology.  Specfically ebook stuff since she is a librarian.   So getting ready for bed she comes into my office and say, "I'm getting the iPad, what gun do you want next!!!!"

Guys always be ready for questions like this.   I had a tab in my browser with the S&W 625 JM on it  (the Jerry Miclack version of the 625 in .45ACP).  I pulled up the picture and she said that is was only fair I get that since she was getting an iPad.   She MADE me order it right there on-the-spot.   Bud's does indeed have the best deals if you're ordering new stuff.   I sent the MO off this afternoon.   We'll see how I like the "infernal" lock.  This will be my first one NIB. 

Life's Good.

Will work for ammo
USAF MAC 437th MAW 1968-1972

tombogan03884

« Reply #12 on: March 13, 2012, 06:21:08 PM »
Sucks to be you.  ;D

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: March 14, 2012, 07:04:01 AM »
Sucks to be you.  ;D

I won't deny it.   Though I've had my rough spots, paid my dues and worked hard (still).  I also figure it might not all be roses in the future.

I make sure to keep rubbing it in.   ;D
Will work for ammo

kmitch200

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 5
« Reply #14 on: March 14, 2012, 10:37:24 AM »
So getting ready for bed she comes into my office and say, "I'm getting the iPad, what gun do you want next!!!!"
She MADE me order it right there on-the-spot.   Bud's does indeed have the best deals if you're ordering new stuff.   I sent the MO off this afternoon.   We'll see how I like the "infernal" lock.  This will be my first one NIB.

They do great work relocating/replacing shoulders if she hurt it too bad twisting your arm like that.
Damn wimmen don't know when to lighten up!!  ;D

(mental picture of Alf flying though the house lke The Flash to hit the order button to Bud's)

I've heard some bad things about the JM625. VERY, VERY BAD THINGS!
You should send it to me to test fire just to be on the safe side. ;D  I'm only looking out for you.
You can say lots of bad things about pedophiles; but at least they drive slowly past schools.

Sponsor

« Reply #15 on: Today at 08:40:31 PM »

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #15 on: March 14, 2012, 11:58:21 AM »
I've heard some bad things about the JM625. VERY, VERY BAD THINGS!
You should send it to me to test fire just to be on the safe side. ;D  I'm only looking out for you.

NO!  NO!   It's a burden I'm bearing for the whole forum.  I'll suffer so the rest of you don't have to.

And if anyone runs across a matching s/n set of H&R Crusaders (.44Mag and .45Col), I'd be happy to relieve you of the pain and potential hazard of ownership of those guns.   I mean they must not have been too good since H&R only made a hundred of them.

Will work for ammo

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #16 on: March 21, 2012, 09:28:23 PM »
There's a couple of 686's coming up in real auctions next week at the Cowboy and Indian Auction.   Here's a link to one of them, you can use this to search for other things of interest.

https://www.proxibid.com/asp/LotDetail.asp?ahid=3156&aid=50340&lid=12850472&rts=/asp/searchadvanced_i.asp%23searchid%3D0%26type%3Dlot%26search%3D686%26sort%3Drelevance%26length%3D10%26start%3D1%26refine%3D%26nc%3D1332208002709#topoflot

There's also a new 625 Mountain revolver (.45 Colt) on Auction Arms.   Just to help the bidding along I put in a $500 max bid.   People have been "testing" it all day and we're up to $485.   I should be out bid tomorrow.   I think I really would like one, but not paying $1K for it.

Will work for ammo

santahog

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #17 on: March 31, 2012, 10:32:52 AM »
Alf, you remind me of me, five years ago..
With friends like these, who needs hallucinations!..

blackwolfe

• A Simple Man
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #18 on: April 10, 2012, 08:24:31 PM »
NO!  NO!   It's a burden I'm bearing for the whole forum.  I'll suffer so the rest of you don't have to.

And if anyone runs across a matching s/n set of H&R Crusaders (.44Mag and .45Col), I'd be happy to relieve you of the pain and potential hazard of ownership of those guns.   I mean they must not have been too good since H&R only made a hundred of them.

Alf, don't you mean High Standard?
"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution, but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. "    Abraham Lincoln

Wolfe

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #19 on: April 10, 2012, 08:47:15 PM »
Alf, don't you mean High Standard?

Yes, I meant HS.  Just a sloppy, in a hurry typo.   

AND, blackwolfe just sent me a link to a pair for sale.  The pictures don't do them justice with the raised, gold,"crusader" on the side plate. 

http://www.gunsinternational.com/High-Standard-50th-Anniversary-Crusader-Set.cfm?gun_id=100190645

For those that don't want to follow the link.  These are matching s/n's, one in .44 mag the other in .45Colt.  The cylinders have never been rotated.   

Will work for ammo

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk