Author Topic: simple and easy key lime pie  (Read 14685 times)

PegLeg45

• NRA Life, SAF, Constitutionalist
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1014
Re: simple and easy key lime pie
« Reply #10 on: April 10, 2012, 05:12:44 PM »
OK....here is the ABSOLUTE simplest pie recipe....(other then buying and opening a pie).......  ;D

And, the mixture yields two 9" pies.   :D

Ready?

1-One can of sweetened condensed milk....regular ~14oz.

2-One can of frozen lemon (or lime, or any other flavor will work) concentrate. I don't know the size, but it is the standard can like you get  to make lemonade.

3- One container of Cool Whip. I use the larger bowl of the stuff.

4- Two 9" pre-made pie crusts.....(or you can make your own if you know how....it's just crushed Graham crackers and melted butter).

Combine the first three ingredients in a large bowl and mix thoroughly.
Pour evenly between the two pie shells and level smooth.

Let stand in the fridge (or freezer) until set to the consistency where it is slightly stiffer than pudding.

Ready to eat.  ;D
"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

ellis4538

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #11 on: April 10, 2012, 06:34:13 PM »
What, no Tequila?

Richard
Used to be "The only thing to FEAR was FEAR ITSELF", nowadays "The only thing to FEAR is GETTING CAUGHT!"

1911 Junkie

• Top Forum Member
  • aka Mr 4000
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: April 10, 2012, 08:05:06 PM »
Hosting dinner tomorrow, solved the dessert problem.  Pie is cooling now.

It took a couple tries to get the tekillya into the mix.   :P

"I'd love to spit some Beechnut in that dudes eye and shoot him with my old .45"  Hank Jr.

PegLeg45

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: April 11, 2012, 11:11:22 AM »
What, no Tequila?

Richard

Can't even stand the smell of the stuff....let alone the taste.   :-X  :-X

8)
"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

Timothy

« Reply #14 on: April 11, 2012, 11:12:41 AM »
Can't even stand the smell of the stuff....let alone the taste.   :-X  :-X
 8)

Me either but I do remember why!

Sponsor

« Reply #15 on: Today at 01:13:27 AM »

PegLeg45

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #15 on: April 11, 2012, 11:14:05 AM »
Me either but I do remember why!

I don't want to remember why......something to do with over-indulging in my early years.......   ;)

Timothy

« Reply #16 on: April 11, 2012, 11:16:20 AM »
I don't want to remember why......something to do with over-indulging in my early years.......   ;)

I remember starting the fifth and remember waking up in a rock field in Iceland....it's the in between that is gone as was most of the contents of the days meals!

PegLeg45

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #17 on: April 11, 2012, 11:22:45 AM »
I remember starting the fifth and remember waking up in a rock field in Iceland....it's the in between that is gone as was most of the contents of the days meals!

That's the part I DO remember.......and the main reason for my subsequent loss of appetite for tequila.  :-X

1911 Junkie

• Top Forum Member
  • aka Mr 4000
  • Liked:
« Reply #18 on: April 14, 2012, 10:19:45 PM »
So the pie went over great. Everyone loved it.  My daughter liked it so much that she now wants key lime pie instead of cake on her birthday.  :o
"I'd love to spit some Beechnut in that dudes eye and shoot him with my old .45"  Hank Jr.

v1rot8

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #19 on: May 20, 2012, 10:34:18 AM »
Never had a bad piece of pie.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk