Author Topic: SIG Handgun Model Question  (Read 19861 times)

jaybet

• Top Forum Member
  • NRA Life Member, DRTV Ranger, Guitar Player
    • Bluebone- Burnin' and Smokin'
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: SIG Handgun Model Question
« Reply #20 on: April 18, 2008, 01:40:46 PM »
Nah.  Esmerelda is darker.  She's Texas based I believe.

http://www.esmeralda.cc/

Yessir, Esmerelda has got some FINE looking grips!
I got the blues as my companion.

www.bluebone.net

DDMac

• Proudly Bald On
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #21 on: April 18, 2008, 02:31:26 PM »
Yep, she sure does, but nothing I could find for a P-220. Anyway, I called Crazy Louie at the Sig factory and he talked me into ordering the "new" Slim Grips for the P220 and Carry Model. We'll see if they help. In the mean time, any of you not likely to get shot for doing so; go get in that waterfall and convince Esmerelda to use those strong hands to gently shape, sand, smooth and oil down some Sig grips. Be sure to post pics ;D
Mac.
Standing up for your Right to lay down suppressive fire since 1948!

Ron J

« Reply #22 on: April 18, 2008, 03:39:10 PM »
[Also, Hogue has metal grips now.  Lemme check if they have any for the P220. 
http://www.getgrip.com/main/overview/ExtremeSIG.html

Looks like '226's only...
[/quote]

Hogue does make their aluminum grips for the P220.  Check out Top Gun Supply for availability. 

http://www.topgunsupply.com/Hogue-mid-10.html

MOJAVE MIKE

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #23 on: April 18, 2008, 06:03:38 PM »
 >:(

My experience with Sig has not been positive.
I purchased a Mosquito .22 at the urging of a friend in the Attorney Generals Office.
Carrying daily, he has came to love his 239, and felt the .22 would be a good choice for my kids.
Wrong! Wrong! Wrong!!

Failures to feed, stovepipes,misfires... you name it.
I had hope the gun would work out with some rounds through it, so I did my best to get 250 rounds fired.
I gave up at 50.

Sent it back to Sig....they found a nick in the extractor.
They did repair it under warranty and test fired 10 rounds.
 They acted like they knew the gun was a piece of crap!!
When i got it back.....same problem. it is now a paperweight in my gun safe.
I wouldn't feel right about selling it to some other unwitting soul.

My kids and I now use Rugers, and Browning .22's for the daylong excursions they enjoy.

MY ADVICE - DON'T BUY A SIG!!

''To hell and back reliability??'' MY ASS!

Hazcat

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #24 on: April 18, 2008, 06:35:19 PM »
Mojave,

We have a whole thread on the POS Mosquito. I know it is crap own one, too.  I t, sent it back for FTF and stove pipe problems.  It came back with the smoothest slide I have ever had!  And it is still a POS doing the same old FTF and stove pipe.  Not just for me, I have had half a dozen people fire it with the same results.

I too, feel the same way about SIG....NEVER AGAIN!  Heck, I can't even trade it in for anything.  Paid 405 new, trade MAYBE worth 150!  Yep, just a paper weight.
All tipoes and misspelings are copi-righted.  Pleeze do not reuse without ritten persimmons  :D

Sponsor

« Reply #25 on: Today at 11:39:33 PM »

jaybet

• Top Forum Member
  • NRA Life Member, DRTV Ranger, Guitar Player
    • Bluebone- Burnin' and Smokin'
  • Liked:
« Reply #25 on: April 18, 2008, 07:18:26 PM »
Wow, guys, not to be argumentive but I think the whole world is learning that the Mosquito is POS, and it doesn't speak well of Sig not to do something about that. But on the other hand, the majority of their models are nothing like that. My Sigs are serious performers, and as much as I would get ticked if they screwed up (see my seeminly endless bad luck with the Rugers) my Sigs work great.
My wife and I swear by Sig and S&W in the world of handguns. Everything else is negotiable.
I got the blues as my companion.

www.bluebone.net

Hazcat

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #26 on: April 18, 2008, 07:55:02 PM »
JayBeth,

I KNOW Sigs are good guns but I will not support them if they will not support me.

BTW I liked the picture of you and your axe better.
All tipoes and misspelings are copi-righted.  Pleeze do not reuse without ritten persimmons  :D

Rastus

• Mindlessness Fuels Tyranny
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 573
« Reply #27 on: April 18, 2008, 08:02:37 PM »
Well...bought a Mosquito anyway last week.  The price of ammo being what it is...I may kick myself for it..remains to be seen.  Will shoot it this weekend.  The fact that it's like a baby centerfire sold me when I held it....

If it doesn't work well Sig will lose a 229 sale.....
Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.
It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
-William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)
                                                                                                                               Avoid subjugation, join the NRA!

Hazcat

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #28 on: April 18, 2008, 08:06:28 PM »
RASTUS!!!

How could you after all of the bad press here?  Don't you trust us?  If I wanted a gun that felt more center fire in a rim fire I would look at the Walther or others.

Hell, if you wanted one that bad I would have shipped mine to you.  You could try it and then make me an offer (no kidding, I would do that for you and a few others on this forum).

Ron J

« Reply #29 on: April 18, 2008, 08:20:24 PM »
I agree with Jay on this (and not just because he plays guitar and likes a good cigar).  

The Mosquito could well be the "Pinto" in the SIG line.  There has been some bad press here and at the SIG Forum on this gun.  While there has been some good press, it would have possibly behooved you to do a little more research on the gun before buying it.    

It is rather ignorant, let me rephrase that ... significantly ignorant to say the entire SIG line is crap due to your experience and your friends and/or family's experience with your Mosquito.  Sorry you had a bad experience with that gun.  But there are SIGs outside your zip code that work as advertised.  

Like Jay and others, my SIG experience has been 180ยบ from yours.  I have been shooting the SIG platform with their 45ACP guns since 1978.  Out of the box, as accurate as some highly tuned comp guns and as reliable as any S&W revolver (more so than my 629 DX that had locked up on me and had to go back to S&W twice).  

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk