Author Topic: Could Use A Prayer For My Father.  (Read 9449 times)

twyacht

• "Cogito, ergo armatum sum."
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Could Use A Prayer For My Father.
« Reply #10 on: August 16, 2012, 04:27:38 PM »
Dad's diagnosis is Paraneoplastic Syndrome. Surgery scheduled for Sept. 6th. 10 days in hospital, 2 month recovery, they are only going after the bigger one in the left lung, as they only work on one lung at a time,...Going in between the ribs to get it out.

Here's what I found.

Paraneoplastic syndromes can occur with any type of malignancy. However, they occur most frequently with lung cancer, specifically small-cell lung carcinoma.

Paraneoplastic syndromes are rare disorders caused by substances that are secreted by a benign tumor, a malignant (cancerous) tumor, or a malignant tumor's metastases. The disturbances caused by paraneoplastic syndromes occur in body organs at sites that are distant or remote from the primary or metastatic tumors.

(He already had throat cancer)

http://www.healthline.com/galecontent/paraneoplastic-syndromes

Thank You for your prayers. Not sure how this will all come out at this time.

Thomas Jefferson: The strongest reason for the people to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against the tyranny of government. That is why our masters in Washington are so anxious to disarm us. They are not afraid of criminals. They are afraid of a populace which cannot be subdued by tyrants."
Col. Jeff Cooper.

Timothy

« Reply #11 on: August 16, 2012, 04:43:44 PM »
We will continue our vigil TW..

From my own experience in hospital for 74 days, don't allow anyone to enter your dads room without first washing their hands and keep the visits to a minimum.  Demand of your health care providers the utmost in sanitation.  Considering your wife is in the business I'm probably preaching to the choir.  Get him home as soon as possible, hospitals are filthy places!

Our continued prayers for your dad, the family and all who care for him.....

Tim and Suzy..

Solus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 43
« Reply #12 on: August 16, 2012, 04:48:06 PM »
Still on it, TW.

It's good that they have a plan...

Take care.

Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!"
—Patrick Henry

"Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority. It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters."
— Daniel Webster

ellis4538

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: August 16, 2012, 04:49:43 PM »
Thanks for the update TW.  Continued prayers!

God Bless,

Richard
Used to be "The only thing to FEAR was FEAR ITSELF", nowadays "The only thing to FEAR is GETTING CAUGHT!"

PegLeg45

• NRA Life, SAF, Constitutionalist
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1014
« Reply #14 on: August 16, 2012, 05:18:05 PM »
Will continue to pray for all involved, TW.
"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

Sponsor

« Reply #15 on: Today at 02:10:16 AM »

twyacht

• "Cogito, ergo armatum sum."
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #15 on: August 16, 2012, 05:37:32 PM »
Thank You All, my wife has indoctrinated and crashed course my Father's wife in hospital protocol after his dealings with throat cancer.

She does not leave his side, and is the pit bull on steroids when it comes to his care.

Thank You Timothy, my wife said the same thing. Not sure of chemo/radiation, as my Father refused chemo during the throat cancer, (he's rather hard headed), but he did receive radiation treatment, that left him unable to taste food, unless it's bitter....

He is downplaying it for me and my Sister, but that is his way. So we just move fwd, one day at a time...

Thank You All So much for your continued prayers.

Sincerely,

tw
Thomas Jefferson: The strongest reason for the people to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against the tyranny of government. That is why our masters in Washington are so anxious to disarm us. They are not afraid of criminals. They are afraid of a populace which cannot be subdued by tyrants."
Col. Jeff Cooper.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk