Author Topic: Magpul P-Mags  (Read 31087 times)

PegLeg45

• NRA Life, SAF, Constitutionalist
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1014
Magpul P-Mags
« on: December 01, 2012, 12:22:15 PM »
I have ordered from this gentleman (James Otto) located in the panhandle of Florida and plan on doing much more business with him, as money allows.
I exchanged personal emails with him and he seems to be a really nice, helpful guy. His business is a small, one man operation and it's amazing how he has prices as good or batter than the big guys.

Excellent prices on P-Mags........ and even better service and shipping.

http://ottofirearms.com/product-cat/magazines/rifle-magazines/

"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

billt

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 454
Re: Magpul P-Mags
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2012, 06:01:08 AM »
Now that the government has somewhat denounced them, I'm wondering how all of the mall Ninjas over at ARFCOM are going to react? They've been raving about these magazines ever since they've hit the J-Hooks in the stores. They've also gotten praise from many of the "Trainers / Operators" who run these carbine courses. Most of these people go lock step with the military, and all of the Mil-Spec AR-15 parts, etc. I have several in both .223 and .308. I see no reason to go back to Aluminum or steel magazines.

Rastus

• Mindlessness Fuels Tyranny
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 563
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2012, 06:13:10 AM »
Now that the government has somewhat denounced them, I'm wondering how all of the mall Ninjas over at ARFCOM are going to react? They've been raving about these magazines ever since they've hit the J-Hooks in the stores. They've also gotten praise from many of the "Trainers / Operators" who run these carbine courses. Most of these people go lock step with the military, and all of the Mil-Spec AR-15 parts, etc. I have several in both .223 and .308. I see no reason to go back to Aluminum or steel magazines.

All good points.  The trainer/operators I know all go with pmags.  I like the pmags just because there is less friction in the magwell when using a plastic mag.  Plastic mags make my reloads both faster and more positive.
Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.
It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
-William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)
                                                                                                                               Avoid subjugation, join the NRA!

kmitch200

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 5
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2012, 12:11:57 PM »
Peg, I want to thank you for posting that link to Otto Firearms!

I ordered a half dozen Pmags Tuesday evening. I then emailed them asking if they could add a charging handle to the order 'cause I forgot to do it.
Not only did I get a near immediate response saying it wouldn't be a problem, I just got the order today, Friday.

Sadly, it looks like nearly everything is sold out but Otto Firearms is definitely a good outfit to deal with!!!
You can say lots of bad things about pedophiles; but at least they drive slowly past schools.

PegLeg45

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2012, 01:38:35 PM »
Peg, I want to thank you for posting that link to Otto Firearms!

I ordered a half dozen Pmags Tuesday evening. I then emailed them asking if they could add a charging handle to the order 'cause I forgot to do it.
Not only did I get a near immediate response saying it wouldn't be a problem, I just got the order today, Friday.

Sadly, it looks like nearly everything is sold out but Otto Firearms is definitely a good outfit to deal with!!!

Cool.

I put in an order Monday and got it Wednesday. I only live about 200 miles away so it usually only takes two days. I figured he'd sell quickly at those prices.
"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 03:14:35 AM »

DanPatWork

• Very Active Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2012, 04:18:41 PM »
James said on Sigforum that he is out of stock but it sound like he its hoping to be able to restock. We'll see if that happens with current demand.
"The laws that forbid the carrying of arms are laws of such a nature. They disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes.... Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man."
- Thomas Jefferson, Commonplace Book (quoting 18th century criminologist Cesare Beccaria), 1774-1776

PegLeg45

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2012, 04:27:52 PM »
James said on Sigforum that he is out of stock but it sound like he its hoping to be able to restock. We'll see if that happens with current demand.

Yes.....and many thanks to you, good sir, for posting the link to his sight to begin with.  :D

Bic

• Top Forum Member
  • It's just a pen name...
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2012, 09:58:47 AM »
If you know someone who simply MUST overpay for PMags...get them to overpay here:

http://www.skdtac.com/Magpul-PMAG-Gen-M3-30-rnd-AR-M4-p/mag.502.htm
Best Wishes, Mike.

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1048
« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2012, 03:13:46 PM »
I just checked to see how much Beta C-Mags are. One like mine is $275. I don't remember what I paid for it but it wasn't that much. I wouldn't be surprised if they sell a bunch anyway.
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

twyacht

• "Cogito, ergo armatum sum."
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #9 on: December 24, 2012, 07:34:15 AM »
From skdtac:

TO OUR LOYAL SKD CUSTOMERS: These mags will not be made available at our normal price so they can be flipped to take advantage of the current buying frenzy. Nor will we be profiteering off of this current panic like some vendors in our community. In order to make these mags "ASSHOLE-PROOF", we will sell them at or near current market pricing, and donate the difference from our normal price to either the National Rifle Association or the Special Operations Warrior Foundation. If you take issue with this move on our part, please do not write, email, or call to complain- we will not respond. Just take a deep breath, do a little yoga, and channel your energy into doing something productive.

:P
Thomas Jefferson: The strongest reason for the people to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against the tyranny of government. That is why our masters in Washington are so anxious to disarm us. They are not afraid of criminals. They are afraid of a populace which cannot be subdued by tyrants."
Col. Jeff Cooper.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk