Author Topic: Bushmaster Carbon 15  (Read 10988 times)

ellis4538

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Bushmaster Carbon 15
« on: December 23, 2012, 04:09:13 PM »
Anyone have any experience with the C15?  Pros and cons.  Don't have an AR right now and might be able to pick one up at a good price.

Thanks,

Richard
Used to be "The only thing to FEAR was FEAR ITSELF", nowadays "The only thing to FEAR is GETTING CAUGHT!"

Solus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 43
Re: Bushmaster Carbon 15
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2012, 04:10:30 PM »
Anyone have any experience with the C15?  Pros and cons.  Don't have an AR right now and might be able to pick one up at a good price.

Thanks,

Richard

Buy it.  If it is new don't open the box.   

In a month, sell it for 3 times what you paid for it.
Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!"
—Patrick Henry

"Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority. It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters."
— Daniel Webster

tombogan03884

« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2012, 04:18:29 PM »
I believe MB is doing a project gun, Lightweight travel carbine, based on a carbon 15 .
They have been around for years and while no one seems to brag about having one I can't recall any complaints.

ellis4538

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2012, 04:22:20 PM »
Have to open the box to get the serial number.

Richard
Used to be "The only thing to FEAR was FEAR ITSELF", nowadays "The only thing to FEAR is GETTING CAUGHT!"

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1073
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2012, 05:31:55 PM »
I would buy it.
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 08:23:33 AM »

tombogan03884

« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2012, 06:40:54 PM »
It may be the only available AR in America at the moment, grab it.

ellis4538

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: December 24, 2012, 03:53:17 AM »
Tons of AR's, mags and accessories available in my area!

Richard

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1073
« Reply #7 on: December 24, 2012, 12:16:15 PM »
BillT's wife has a Carbon-15 pistol. I'd like to know how that runs.
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

devzal

• Active Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: December 24, 2012, 02:00:28 PM »
I have one of the original Professional Ordinance type 97s before bushmaster bought them. I haven't had any problem with it and it's very accurate and light, but mine isn't mil spec. The bolt, recoil buffer/spring set up, and stock attachments are different. You can replace them with standard parts except the lower won't retain the buffer and spring, but it works. The newer models may be different.

billt

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 454
« Reply #9 on: December 28, 2012, 07:42:57 AM »
BillT's wife has a Carbon-15 pistol. I'd like to know how that runs.

This is Melanie's Bushmaster Carbon 15 Model 21-S Pistol. It's in .223 / 5.56 MM. I would guess she's got around between 2,000 and 3,000 rounds through it. Mostly my 55 Gr. FMJ handloads. It's the gun she's holding in my avatar. I mounted an EO -Tech on it for her.

Thus far the gun has functioned perfectly. With that said I keep it very clean and heavily lubed. Some people have had good luck with these guns, while others bad mouth the hell out of them. I've found most who talk negatively about them haven't owned, or in some cases even shot one of them. Most of it is just Internet regurgitation. I look at it this way. Bushmaster has sold a ton of these things. If they were that problematic they wouldn't have, and most likely would have dumped the line by now. Much like they did with their original .308 AR line. They had a really bad history of bolt breakage. Today a .308 Bushmaster is nothing more than a rebadged DPMS, and they run really well.

My gun was manufactured in Lake Havasu City, Arizona. Since then Bushmaster has sold off their Lake Havasu manufacturing facility, and I'm not sure where they are made now that Cerberus has taken over ownership. The gun has a detachable flash suppressor that removes by pulling back a spring loaded collar that retracts ball detents. Much like a Milton air hose line. Without the flash suppressor the gun is quite spectacular to shoot at night. With Federal XM-193 Ammunition you get a volleyball sized fireball out of the muzzle. I have never chronographed anything shot out of it . It's just a fun gun. The EO-Tech was a PITA to sight in, but once I had it lined up, pop cans are really easy to explode out to 100 yards. I'm thinking of swapping out the pistol grip for a Ergo Tactical Grip. They make the gun much nicer to hold. I have them on all of my AR's.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk