Author Topic: Bushmaster Carbon 15  (Read 10965 times)

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1048
Re: Bushmaster Carbon 15
« Reply #10 on: December 28, 2012, 01:23:16 PM »
Thanks Bill. I heard there were problems with the Professional Ordnance versions but I hadn't heard anything about the Bushmasters. I've been wanting one for years but keep putting off getting one.
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

ellis4538

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #11 on: March 09, 2013, 03:34:56 PM »
Finally found a C15 at a good price and snapped it up!!!!!  Need to find a suitable (inexpensive) optic for it and I am good to go.  Not sure where/when I am going to be able to shoot it but I am looking hard for a place.  Report to follow.

Richard

PS:  Don't ask for pictures cause ya seen one ya seen um all.  LOL

Used to be "The only thing to FEAR was FEAR ITSELF", nowadays "The only thing to FEAR is GETTING CAUGHT!"

fightingquaker13

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: March 09, 2013, 05:32:04 PM »
Finally found a C15 at a good price and snapped it up!!!!!  Need to find a suitable (inexpensive) optic for it and I am good to go.  Not sure where/when I am going to be able to shoot it but I am looking hard for a place.  Report to follow.

Richard

PS:  Don't ask for pictures cause ya seen one ya seen um all.  LOL

Very true. ;) Still a range report would be nice. I am, as I posted a bit sketical but am eager to be proven wrong. Good luck and congrats!

fightingquaker13

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: March 14, 2013, 04:35:31 PM »
This is Melanie's Bushmaster Carbon 15 Model 21-S Pistol. It's in .223 / 5.56 MM. I would guess she's got around between 2,000 and 3,000 rounds through it. Mostly my 55 Gr. FMJ handloads. It's the gun she's holding in my avatar. I mounted an EO -Tech on it for her.

Dayum Billt! that ought to keep the kids off your lawn. ;D

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1048
« Reply #14 on: March 14, 2013, 04:51:54 PM »
It needs a c-mag.  ;)
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

Sponsor

« Reply #15 on: Today at 02:47:46 AM »

ellis4538

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #15 on: April 02, 2013, 09:45:28 AM »
Well, finally got around to opening the box and found, much to my surprise, an inexpensive red dot sight (MIC variety) so I don't have to worry about that.  Still looking for a place to shoot it.  Might have to go indoors for f&f test.  Don't want to if I can help it.  One thing I did find out...THE TRIGGER SUCKS!

Richard

PS:  Got the LULA loader for the mags and love it to death!
Used to be "The only thing to FEAR was FEAR ITSELF", nowadays "The only thing to FEAR is GETTING CAUGHT!"

billt

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 454
« Reply #16 on: April 02, 2013, 01:31:57 PM »
PS:  Got the LULA loader for the mags and love it to death!

A LULA Loader is one of those things when you finally get around to buying one, you wonder how the hell you lived so long without it!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk