Author Topic: Chuck Schumer Says the NRA Is an Extreme ‘Fringe Group’  (Read 8701 times)

tombogan03884

Re: Chuck Schumer Says the NRA Is an Extreme ‘Fringe Group’
« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2013, 12:44:04 PM »
thats ok there's still time to correct your attitude on those

(duck and cover drill)

;D

Nothing to correct .
If you don't approve of abortion, don't get one .
Abortionists are no different than drug dealers , hookers or lawyers .
If there was no demand for their services they would be in a different line of work .
Don't delude yourself there has been a demand ever since the beginnings of civilization.
Another thing, FQ is pro, many here are anti , all the ones who have expressed strong opinions are guys who will not get pregnant .
None of your opinions amount to a piss hole in the snow since it isn't your choice.
As for religion, the Constitution promises Freedom of , not from.
It also doesn't deify Christianity as the only right answer.

PegLeg45

• NRA Life, SAF, Constitutionalist
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1061
« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2013, 01:32:17 PM »
The fact is I consider myself a moderate .
I don't give a crap about abortion, I don't give a crap if or what any one worships .
I simply demand that the Constitution be adhered to as written, they used little words so normal people wouldn't need it translated for them .
If that requires a civil war so be it .

I (we) pretty much know where you stand....  ;D  ;D  ;D

I was just pointing to the fact the as far as our .gov is concerned (and has stated), anyone who falls under any combination of two (or more) of the things I listed is considered a right-wing domestic militant terrorist in waiting.

**As a side note, and not intending to hi-jack the thread, but this is a tangential to the conversation:

Regardless of your view on abortion, isn't it quite ironic that the very same people whom would deny a Constitutional right (by advocating abolishing or changing the 2nd A) because of the deaths of children by madmen with guns....saying "it's for the sake of the children" have also actively sponsored, in the years since Roe v. Wade, the destruction of over 54,000,000 unborn children?
Quite the hypocrisy, IMHO,FWIW.
"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

crusader rabbit

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 26
« Reply #12 on: January 21, 2013, 03:21:26 PM »
I'm used to being a part of an out of touch fringe member.  After all, I've spent my life as a white, heterosexual, Christian, male.  According to the world I'm so out of touch I need to be put in a cage and packed away.

Let's just call it what it is. 

You, sir, are a terrorist.

Welcome to my world! ;)

Crusader
“I’ve lived the literal meaning of the ‘land of the free’ and ‘home of the brave.’ It’s not corny for me. I feel it in my heart. I feel it in my chest. Even at a ball game, when someone talks during the anthem or doesn’t take off his hat, it pisses me off. I’m not one to be quiet about it, either.”  Chris Kyle

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 892
« Reply #13 on: January 21, 2013, 03:46:02 PM »
Let's just call it what it is. 

You, sir, are a terrorist.

Welcome to my world! ;)

Crusader

What size vest do you wear?

I have a spare, and at orientation they told me they are one time use and you only need one  ;)
If I appear taller than other men it is because I am standing on the shoulders of others.

Solus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 43
« Reply #14 on: January 21, 2013, 05:53:31 PM »
wtr...SERPENTINE.SERPENTINE.. ;D ;D

Peter Falk  The In-laws
Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!"
—Patrick Henry

"Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority. It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters."
— Daniel Webster

Sponsor

« Reply #15 on: Today at 07:52:36 PM »

Solus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #15 on: January 21, 2013, 05:56:59 PM »
Nothing to correct .
If you don't approve of abortion, don't get one .
Abortionists are no different than drug dealers , hookers or lawyers .
If there was no demand for their services they would be in a different line of work .
Don't delude yourself there has been a demand ever since the beginnings of civilization.
Another thing, FQ is pro, many here are anti , all the ones who have expressed strong opinions are guys who will not get pregnant .
None of your opinions amount to a piss hole in the snow since it isn't your choice.
As for religion, the Constitution promises Freedom of , not from.
It also doesn't deify Christianity as the only right answer.

I guess that might depend upon your definition of from

I do think it is meant to protect you from having someone's religion imposed upon you.
Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!"
—Patrick Henry

"Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority. It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters."
— Daniel Webster

tombogan03884

« Reply #16 on: January 21, 2013, 06:15:26 PM »
It means you can worship, or not as you feel best, and if your neighbor doesn't approve TFB.
It means if the community wants a Nativity scene on town property and some atheist doesn't like it TFB.

Solus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #17 on: January 21, 2013, 06:21:01 PM »
It means you can worship, or not as you feel best, and if your neighbor doesn't approve TFB.
It means if the community wants a Nativity scene on town property and some atheist doesn't like it TFB.

That is very democratic.   The majority gets to decide which religion gets to celebrate on public property?

That only works for me if any and all get to set up their displays also.  Might be distasteful to some and likely impractical due to space limitations.
—Patrick Henry

— Daniel Webster

tombogan03884

« Reply #18 on: January 21, 2013, 06:23:39 PM »
That is very democratic.   The majority gets to decide which religion gets to celebrate on public property?

That only works for me if any and all get to set up their displays also.  Might be distasteful to some and likely impractical due to space limitations.

Yes, the people paying for that public property get to decide how it gets used .

Solus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #19 on: January 21, 2013, 06:26:59 PM »
Yes, the people paying for that public property get to decide how it gets used .

So if it is not used the way I want, I get a refund, since everyone pays for it (well, those who pay at all I mean)

So I guess if the Muslim population in a town becomes the majority, we all start getting used to their decisions on how public property is used?
—Patrick Henry

— Daniel Webster

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk