Author Topic: Hexmag Poly Magazines  (Read 5982 times)

PegLeg45

• NRA Life, SAF, Constitutionalist
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1030
Hexmag Poly Magazines
« on: March 25, 2014, 01:02:36 PM »
Saw this company's mags in a post on FB....$14 with lifetime warranty.

Anyone know about or tried these yet??

http://www.hexmag.com/index.html

https://www.apexgunparts.com/product_info.php/products_id/4007

https://www.facebook.com/hexmag

"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

ellis4538

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Hexmag Poly Magazines
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2014, 05:52:44 PM »
Have never heard of them, but with Pmags that cheap around here I wouldn't take a chance.

FWIW

Richard
Used to be "The only thing to FEAR was FEAR ITSELF", nowadays "The only thing to FEAR is GETTING CAUGHT!"

PegLeg45

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2014, 02:01:57 PM »
Looks like a new company....which is to be expected sooner or later (even though the magazine hype/flap has died down).
While I'll probably stick with Magpul mags, I am one of those folks who welcomes new gun-related industry and a little competition in the market. IF they turn out to be as good of quality as P-mags, then WE win in the long run.

**As a side note, I have heard stories of non-black P-mags chipping at the mag retainer hole. I think Rastus reported such on here a while back.

Reply #48:  http://www.downrange.tv/forum/index.php?topic=21138.40
"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

ellis4538

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2014, 05:35:37 PM »
Thanks Peg.  Saw the OP.  Had to sell my AR due to cash flow stoppage so I won't be buying any new mags.

Richard

PS:  Not a stoppage actually, just flowing the wrong way!
Used to be "The only thing to FEAR was FEAR ITSELF", nowadays "The only thing to FEAR is GETTING CAUGHT!"

PegLeg45

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2014, 03:06:51 PM »
I hear you on the cash flow, pal......

Last year was tough, with our older son going through cancer treatments and losing his job, it took a little chunk out of our savings to help get them trough (he's back to work now at a better paying job, closer to home....so it worked out for them).

I am seeing AR's in this area for as little as $600 with a hard case and extra mags....but funds won't allow another purchase eight now.

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 04:05:51 AM »

ellis4538

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2014, 05:23:45 PM »
I bought mine during the height of the crunch!  Fortunately I got it at normal price and was able to make my money back!

Richard

PS:  Bought mags during the first crunch and will never break even!

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1073
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2014, 01:43:19 PM »
The hexmags look good to me and survived being run over by a large truck without cracking. That would have flattened aluminum mags like I have.
http://vimeo.com/88778573
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk