Author Topic: Republicans officially in. What now?  (Read 16275 times)

tombogan03884

Re: Republicans officially in. What now?
« Reply #20 on: January 12, 2015, 06:11:43 AM »
So who's going to SHOT?

This years SHOT show prohibits CCW.

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 873
« Reply #21 on: January 12, 2015, 08:25:34 AM »

This years SHOT show prohibits CCW.

Pretty standard for all the major shows and events.  It is a combination of lawyers and insurance, along with contract agreements with event centers and security.  Every industry show I have participated in in Las Vegas has banned carry.  It often appears  to be an industry thing, but when you read the exhibitor forms you will come across evidence of other issues.

Sadly, we live in a culture where when you reach a certain size you must either accept some things while you continue to fight for the greater good.

Are you aware that not only the NRA, but many other educational organizations, ban carry of firearms in their classes?  Some by the students and some by everybody.  I haven't dug into them all, but with the NRA it is based off liability - Lawsuits brought by attendees and insurance company rules.  And sadly, as instructors we have brought this on ourselves.  We have allowed students to shoot each other, shoot us, and we have shot ourselves and our students.

Utopia does not exist, so let's not cannibalize ourselves over little things and destroy our larger efforts.
If I appear taller than other men it is because I am standing on the shoulders of others.

tombogan03884

« Reply #22 on: January 12, 2015, 01:10:44 PM »
If you tolerate it you deserve it.
Having your rights infringed by groups that are paid to defend that very right is not a little thing.
If you are OK being a peasant I guess that's your business.

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #23 on: January 12, 2015, 02:07:09 PM »
Then you go ahead and be the Lone Ranger Tom!  I choose to deal with the limitations our organizations are faced with to keep the fight moving forward.  If we abandon NSSF and NRA because the are forced to deal with things we will have nothing in short order.
If I appear taller than other men it is because I am standing on the shoulders of others.

kmitch200

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 5
« Reply #24 on: January 12, 2015, 02:13:45 PM »
Then you go ahead and be the Lone Ranger Tom!

By all means. 
I'm sure your internet bravado will go far in changing the policies of exhibit halls across the country.  ::)

You can say lots of bad things about pedophiles; but at least they drive slowly past schools.

Sponsor

« Reply #25 on: Today at 07:38:01 AM »

tombogan03884

« Reply #25 on: January 12, 2015, 02:18:01 PM »
Just because you lack the courage to stand up doesn't mean the rest of us are cowards as well. If there are no manned metal detectors there's no "Gun free" zone.
Like I said, you tolerate, you deserve it. now shut up and get on the cattle car.
As for "internet bravado", I censor on line some things that I say in public. Posts can be used against you in court.

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #26 on: January 12, 2015, 03:16:00 PM »
Carrying undetected in a no gun zone is not making a statement Tom.  Most of us do that.  My question is how to propose to change our national climate if you boycott and abandon our major organizations, as you suggest we all must do to be free.

JC5123

• Top Forum Member
  • Fortune sides with him who dares.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #27 on: January 12, 2015, 05:29:32 PM »
Carrying undetected in a no gun zone is not making a statement Tom.  Most of us do that.  My question is how to propose to change our national climate if you boycott and abandon our major organizations, as you suggest we all must do to be free.

The same way we put pressure on our "representatives". Write letters, make the phone calls. Talk to the manufacturers and distributors. Tell them to practice the activities that they encourage us to buy their products for. Walk the walk, as it were.

Our voices, combined with theirs shut down the Eastern Sports Show because of the venues nonsense. It works. But we, as the consumers have to be the ones to put the pressure on.
I am a member of my nation's chosen soldiery.
God grant that I may not be found wanting,
that I will not fail this sacred trust.

tombogan03884

« Reply #28 on: January 13, 2015, 06:05:35 AM »
If you cut their money they will listen.
But I can't do anything alone.
I'm forced to work with a population that will tolerate anything as long as it doesn't make them miss "Dancing with the Stars".

Timothy

« Reply #29 on: January 13, 2015, 06:16:06 AM »
DWTS is off the air right now between seasons, Tom.....It's American Idiot they're watching now!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk