Author Topic: A small request from me...  (Read 24479 times)

Teresa Heilevang

• The "Other Halloway"
  • Global Moderator
  • Top Forum Member
  • Don't make me call the flying monkeys! DRTV Ranger
    • The Perfect Touch
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: A small request from me...
« Reply #40 on: August 15, 2008, 07:41:14 PM »
Don't you be bossing me around Pathfinder.. !~~~
I just may "invite" you over for supper..  ;) ;D
"Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History ! "

JohnJacobH

• Top Forum Member
    • JohnJacobH's RKBA Commentary
  • Liked:
« Reply #41 on: August 15, 2008, 07:44:38 PM »
Geez!!!
Like I said, it's common sense, and my feeling is if you want to rant about something that could cause a problem for our hosts, do it somewhere else.

WHAT IS COMMON SENSE? This is without doubt the most Kafkaesque thread I have seen in 10+ years on the Internet!

Geez!  By her own admission a MODERATOR of this forum did a "bad thing".  

No one seems to know what that "bad thing" was, it is not available for peer review or any view (except the super secret government archive at Gitmo where all deleted posts go to live for future prosecution)

Her response to HER OWN ACTIONS is to post a "sticky thread" at the top of the message board admonishing other people not to do "bad things".

And I agreed.

If Jesse Jackson arrives on this board to suggest he personally wants to neuter the presumptive Democrat Presidential Nominee  we should all join in a unified front and tell him to go pound sand.

Until then I request someone to point me to other examples of "bad things" because I have not seen any when I visit this board.

Now if everyone wants to have a group hug and sing Kumbaya I will do that too AND recite the Boy Scout Oath because, goshdarnit, I am opposed to people who do "bad things".

But I do draw the line at blindly following people around in some strange circle dance because  everyone agrees" it is a good idea".  

Apparently in 21st Century Gulag America that is a prosecutable offense.

So be it.

Just sheesh.

m25operator

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #42 on: August 15, 2008, 07:53:40 PM »
Ok, ixnay on the iolencevay, no acistray ommentscay, and igbay rotherbay, is atchingway. Not to mention isitorsvay. This is the estbay orumfay. Arbay onenay.

aterlay ellet'may.
" The Pact, to defend, if not TO AVENGE '  Tarna the Tarachian.

twyacht

• "Cogito, ergo armatum sum."
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #43 on: August 15, 2008, 08:24:43 PM »
Ok, ixnay on the iolencevay, no acistray ommentscay, and igbay rotherbay, is atchingway. Not to mention isitorsvay. This is the estbay orumfay. Arbay onenay.

aterlay ellet'may.

You can't type that three times fast, I dare you. 8)
Thomas Jefferson: The strongest reason for the people to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against the tyranny of government. That is why our masters in Washington are so anxious to disarm us. They are not afraid of criminals. They are afraid of a populace which cannot be subdued by tyrants."
Col. Jeff Cooper.

Teresa Heilevang

• The "Other Halloway"
  • Global Moderator
  • Top Forum Member
    • The Perfect Touch
  • Liked:
« Reply #44 on: August 15, 2008, 10:33:44 PM »

John Jacob.. I don't know you from sicuum..never have met you...  but I will talk to you like I have met you and that I do know you personally.. okay?
Which anyone who knows me knows that I don't mince words with the people I know..  ;) I can't talk pig-latten  :) but I can talk redneck. ;D

First.....for your information and anyone else's information...and since you seem to want to blow this totally out of proportion..I'll give you the skinny on the scoop..
Then?....... will you just continue to post like you always have? Quit getting your boxers in a knot and just frickin' post like you always have.   Is it a Deal??!??

From day one there has never been ANY posts in this whole damned forum that has been offensive to me or to anyone else that is a member of this forum.. as we are all like minded.   But there are between 3,000-10,000 people who come to Down Range a day to read and open up at least 20,000 pages of what we are posting.. and they read. That is fine.. but sometimes there are gov. people who are hired to watch forums like these & they do target certain things...

Doesn't have anything to do with Jessie Jackson or black people..... or any other kind of people..  and the racial part was put in there by me because ... well... I don't know why.. it just was.. Disregard it if it makes you uncomfortable. ((( now it's my turn to say "'sheeesee"   ::))))
and by my own admission....I didn't do a BAD THING. 
 I SAID something that made others ( who cared about me ) want to give me a heads up on the fact that that they thought I should take it off because things like that are not taken as funny ( like we think that they are)...and in fact are considered serious.. IF and I say IF anything major should happen to the political figure.

Tomboggan and I got a bit carried away with an Obama thread and I flipped out a snide comment about snipers and he followed up on it with a bunch of other off the cuff stuff. Might be that only a handful of people read it.. and then again maybe 8,000 read it. Point is......... Out of all of the million or so words on here..those 40 words might have.. down the line... gotten us both in lots of unnecessary hassle.

Am I shaking in my shoes about it?
 Absolutely not..
Am I going to monitor or read everything that comes down the pipe checking for "stuff?"
Not just no.. but Hell No...

But it got me to thinking that sometimes we all get caught up in things and just don't think when we shoot from the hip.  99% of the time it's no big deal..then you have that teeny little .000001%..  ::)

But I will repeat. Down Range is a cut above the rest ( in my opinion).   There isn't a lot of mentally unstable  rag tag radicals and the posts aren't full of the F*** words. I go to a lot of gun forums and after awhile I leave. I may be on the same page as most of them..but sometimes it is just "too much on the edge" for me. ( And trust me.. you should know by now that I am NOT your namby pamby female where guns and 'boy' stuff is concerned. ..
 I'm pretty "on the edge "myself sometimes.. ;)

So, to tell you the truth I almost just quietly deleted the little dab that was in there and forgot it..  it bothered the hell out of me to go ahead and post that request. (went against everything that I am all about as a matter of fact.)
 But a very good friend of mine( retired undercover cop) had read the posts...... and he called me.. He scolded me for being stupid and posting something like that and ..after talking to him .. I decided to make sure everyone else "thought " before they got 'way out there" with their emotions. I deleted the "dab"..and wrote my post.

I am not asking you nor would I ever ask you to blindly follow people around in some strange circle dance because  everyone agrees" it is a good idea". You can do whatever the hell you want to do... as I will.
But I will end this by looking you square in the eye and saying:
 The one single thing that I ask is that you don't post on here .IN THIS FORUM.. words of putting cross hairs on a political figure.
 Now!!.. Is that clear enough for you? 

So if you want to have a group hug and sing Kumbaya and recite the Boy Scout Oath.. by all means.. start the circle and we can all shift our guns and  holsters around and get comfortable and start hugging.  ;D

Sponsor

« Reply #45 on: Today at 07:25:03 AM »

Teresa Heilevang

• The "Other Halloway"
  • Global Moderator
  • Top Forum Member
    • The Perfect Touch
  • Liked:
« Reply #45 on: August 15, 2008, 10:35:37 PM »
Oh and by the way.....................
If Jesse Jackson arrives on this board to suggest he personally wants to neuter the presumptive Democrat Presidential Nominee  we should all join in a unified front and tell him to go pound sand..

You can tell him to pound sand...
But.....
I'm going to go sharpen up my knife and let him borrow it..  ;) ;D ;D ;D

Ron J

« Reply #46 on: August 15, 2008, 11:00:59 PM »

+1 and cheers to you M'ette!

tombogan03884

« Reply #47 on: August 15, 2008, 11:51:29 PM »
John J She edited my post and after reading the original post in this thread I think She did the right thing and want to take this opportunity to thank her for pointing out a potential future problem.

Ksail101

• Airborne all the way!!!
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #48 on: August 16, 2008, 08:16:36 AM »
Once again everyone needs to look at Haz and point and laugh cause he is OLD!!! ;D ;D

Such hostility on here about a simple thread to be mindful.

You guys keep it up and I am going to call my friend who works for the Jerry Springer show and see if we can get on.

M'ette remind me not to piss you off. Your cooking is great and this post does make perfect sense to just be mindful.

I hate it when mom and dad fight.  ;D
Did we win???

Teresa Heilevang

• The "Other Halloway"
  • Global Moderator
  • Top Forum Member
    • The Perfect Touch
  • Liked:
« Reply #49 on: August 16, 2008, 10:26:59 AM »