Author Topic: Project Lite-Enuff  (Read 11340 times)

Magoo541

• Bryan Munson
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Project Lite-Enuff
« on: October 18, 2015, 08:42:56 PM »
I've been away for a while, former employer's filter restricted access and not much screen time at home until recently.  To make up for my absence, I know you missed me  ;D, here is my current build:

Tegra Arms had a flash sale on their carbon fiber lowers for $35/each.  So I asked the wife if I could spend $100 on a lower (or three).  Shipped to my FFL and a $18 transfer fee I was pretty happy.

My grandson oogling my lower

First round of parts courtesy of Joe Bob Outfitters:

When it came to uppers I really like Aero Precision's approach

This is what it looked at this point with the A2 grip

He who dares wins.  SAS

Magoo541

• Bryan Munson
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
Re: Project Lite-Enuff
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2015, 08:46:35 PM »
The most recent additions are the appropriate Aero Precision M-lok 12" Handguard and B5 systems grip:

And of course I couldn't help but make a Ti brake that matched my tatoo

Then my division was closed and I am looking for a job.  While I would love to take the $$ to finish this build with an Odin Ultra-lite 16" barrel and adjustable gas block, charging handle and a Sons of Liberty BCG the wise wife is helping me out.  The MRO from Trijicon would look great on this too, don't you think?  ;D
He who dares wins.  SAS

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 447
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2015, 06:56:19 AM »
Lookin' good, Magoo.   I'm especially fond of the longer fore-ends. 

A lot of sights, most all of them in fact, would look good atop that.   In another thread, MB mentioned the three sights he'd recommend that weren't terribly expensive. 

Consider a red dot. I really like the products from Lucid (not a sponsor). Their products that I have handled are excellent and very reasonably prices. I have an HD-7 on my Tavor.
<snip>
MTAC from Burris (a sponsor, BTW)…I have 2, and they are some of the finest scopes I've worked with. Their 1-4x is one of my workhorses, and the 1.5-6X will be on my 3-gun JP/Ruger this season.

Not a sponsor, but good friends, Leupold's Mark AR MOD 1.5-4X illuminated is an incredible value scope.

I, too,  have a build awaiting a barrel.   Nothing as neat as yours.  Mine is meant to be used for tactical competition.  No serious-gamer stuff, but just a basic tactical.   
Will work for ammo
USAF MAC 437th MAW 1968-1972

Magoo541

• Bryan Munson
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2015, 07:55:37 AM »
Thanks Alf. This is my first build and my version of a Constant Carry Carbine. Light, reliable and accurate are the goals with reliability number one. It will probably wear Magpul MBUS sights before anything else but Vortex's new 1-6 @ $350 may be worth the extra weight. 
He who dares wins.  SAS

tombogan03884

« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2015, 08:29:15 AM »
After the title the first thing I saw was the baby.
My first thought was "Gee, he's kind of old to be a new Daddy"  ;D
Nice looking rifle, good luck with the job hunt.

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 05:53:02 AM »

Magoo541

• Bryan Munson
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2015, 11:56:55 AM »
The job hunt is rather aggravating.  Imagine a Machinist with a Business Degree trying to find a job.  I'm either over-qualified (their words), under-qualified or I don't have any experience working in this one-of-a-kind business/process/product.  I was even told and I quote "you spoke to much and may have exhibited too much confidence".   ::)  Standing 6'2" at 260 lbs I may intimidate those of smaller stature and tiny endowments, but that's not my problem  :-\

I also find myself interviewing them as much as they interview me.  Its like playing stump the chump at times.  Ever ask a potential employer where they see their company in 5/10/20 years?  ;D

He who dares wins.  SAS

tombogan03884

« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2015, 02:54:35 PM »
Most will be at their peak in 5 and gone in 10 :(
Try the gun companies if there are any near you.
Truth, that no one wants to talk about is that if you are over 50 no one wants you.
Before Obamacare it was a known fact, the insurance cost increases from Obamacare just make it worse.
Older people with experience want more money for their knowledge and have less time left in the workforce as well as having, or getting closer to medical issues that will interfere with work schedules.
Experience isn't seen as an advantage either, most employers don't give a damn if you do it the "right" way, they want you to do it THEIR way.

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 447
« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2015, 04:51:41 PM »
What Tom just said.   Been there.  Done that.
Will work for ammo
USAF MAC 437th MAW 1968-1972

Magoo541

• Bryan Munson
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2015, 04:30:12 PM »
As I said on the other post I accepted an offer for a Project Manager position.  When I talked to the COO they are looking for an agent of change as they move from a parts supplier to a product manufacturer in adddition to the normal job duties for this position.  Being the new guy I can help guide that change and if it fails I get the blame.  I don't have a problem with that, it's a win for everyone if we change and everyone gets the credit or another job change if it doesn't work for me  ;D

He who dares wins.  SAS

Magoo541

• Bryan Munson
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2015, 02:33:41 PM »
Over the Thanksgiving weekend I weighed the as-built rifle and I'm right at 3 lbs.  Just lacking a barrel (Odin's Ultralite is 1.6 lbs) a BCG (about 10 ounces for a standard BCG) puts me at 5.2 lbs without an optic.  IF I were to go with the MRO from Trijicon I'd be at 5.5 lbs with an optic  ;D

But if you take in to account how light my wallet would be, it would be carrying me  8)
He who dares wins.  SAS

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk