Author Topic: Thinking of A 308  (Read 10838 times)

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 447
Re: Thinking of A 308
« Reply #20 on: December 28, 2015, 03:54:20 PM »
I don't know nuttin' about no CETME's.

But I do have the FNAR.   It's based on the Browning BAR (not the machine gun).  Smooth operating.  I only have about 100 rounds through it, but really like the way it operates.   I wanted a .308 semi in the armory and decided that the FNAR was good compromise price-wise compared to a FNAL or a M1A1.  Also magazines don't break the bank and are available in larger than 5 rounds.   

Tikka now offers 10 rounders and their tactical versions may even have larger capacity available.

I have a 2-8X-32mm Nikon M3 BDC on my .308 bolt action and am in process of putting same scope on the FNAR, so both .308s will have the same scope.

Will work for ammo
USAF MAC 437th MAW 1968-1972

jaybet

• Top Forum Member
  • NRA Life Member, DRTV Ranger, Guitar Player
    • Bluebone- Burnin' and Smokin'
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #21 on: December 29, 2015, 06:53:16 AM »
Been reading up on the Remington 750. While there are some happy campers there is just a massive assload of bad comment on the gun for not running...seems especially prominent in the .308 version.
Reading that though I've discovered the Rem 7600...pump action .308. That's interesting and gets much better reviews.
I got the blues as my companion.

www.bluebone.net

Magoo541

• Bryan Munson
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #22 on: December 30, 2015, 02:03:50 PM »
Been reading up on the Remington 750. While there are some happy campers there is just a massive assload of bad comment on the gun for not running...seems especially prominent in the .308 version.
Reading that though I've discovered the Rem 7600...pump action .308. That's interesting and gets much better reviews.

I was wondering if anyone was going to bring up the 7600.
My Grandpa had one of those and it ended up at our house after he passed for a couple of months when I was 17 or so.  I really liked the way it felt but I'm a fan of the AR-10 and I have a HK91 clone (needs a new barrel, front sight and cocking tube~$300).   ;)
He who dares wins.  SAS

tombogan03884

« Reply #23 on: December 30, 2015, 02:38:04 PM »
Other than Century's pass poor workmanship, the only thing wrong with the HK 91/CETME family is the fluted chamber is rough on brass.

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1036
« Reply #24 on: December 30, 2015, 07:11:14 PM »
The HK91 is the one I've wanted for 30+ years. When I finally had money to buy one they quit importing them and the price went up so I couldn't afford one after all. And when I saw one at an auction I was outbid and it just kept going up. I've always wanted one and never cared what it did to the brass but people want too much for them. I guess one of the various ARs would have to suffice.
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

Sponsor

« Reply #25 on: Today at 06:55:40 AM »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk