Author Topic: To Vote for Trump or Not to Vote  (Read 43166 times)

billt

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 454
Re: To Vote for Trump or Not to Vote
« Reply #120 on: October 11, 2020, 02:18:08 AM »
Exactly.

1.  Trump Landslide
2.  Democratic governors find enough mail in votes to queer the election 4-6 weeks later.
3.  John Roberts throws in with the democrats  (However Ginsberg kicking the bucket kinda boogered this up).
4.  All hell breaks loose.

If it's a landslide, it's not going to matter. Whoever gets to 270 first, is in. Once Trump accomplishes that, they can show up with a container vessel full of ballots a month later, and it won't matter. There is no way both candidates can get 270 Electoral Votes. That's the beauty of the Electoral College. And it's the exact reason why the far left communists want rid of the system.

Hillary had more popular votes in 2016, but it didn't matter because Trump held the Electoral College. I suspect it will be the same this time..... At least it will when all the phony ballots start showing up everywhere, and they all start screaming.   

tombogan03884

« Reply #121 on: October 11, 2020, 08:45:15 AM »
Actually Bill , both candidates can and have both gotten 270 EC votes.
It was decided by Congress.

https://www.history.com/news/presidential-elections-tie-electoral-college

billt

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 454
« Reply #122 on: October 11, 2020, 09:03:36 AM »
"The Electoral College consists of 538 electors, and an absolute majority of electoral votes, 270 or more, is required to win the election."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_Electoral_College

Was this ever different? I don't know, that's why I'm asking. 538 Total Electoral Votes Available - 270 Needed To Win = 268 Left Over. So whoever candidate get to 270 or over first, has it. Simply because there aren't enough votes left. So if either one gets to 270 first, it would theoretically be impossible to have a tie after that.

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 865
« Reply #123 on: October 11, 2020, 01:34:39 PM »
As for the Electoral College:  This was put in place to avoid this BS, and it is to discrimination by simple majority rule.  The left points out that with modern education, mobility and communication, the Electoral College is outdated and actually a hindrance to our nation.  I say that today it is needed more than ever.  With the urban metro centers growing ever larger and rural areas bleeding population, without the EC people with no idea what life outside of the concrete jungle/ghetto would rule the the majority of the nation from their small islands.

In talking to a few investment advisors, there is a universal agreement within the financial world.  Trump or Biden does not have an affect on investments.  What would destroy the economy is 1. An election that is not settled and drags out through the courts; 2.  An election that is determined by the House; and 3.  A single party, either one, in all three - President, House, Senate.
If I appear taller than other men it is because I am standing on the shoulders of others.

tombogan03884

« Reply #124 on: October 11, 2020, 06:37:38 PM »
As with anything else pertaining to the Constitution, The Federalist Papers goes into brain numbing repetitive detail on how the Electoral Collage is intended to prevent the country being run by NY specifically, and the other high population states in general.
Do you want the country run by NY and Cal ?
Protect the EC.

Sponsor

« Reply #125 on: Today at 08:46:52 AM »

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #125 on: October 11, 2020, 07:02:47 PM »
The thing lost over the last two and a half centuries is that we are not a simple single nation.  We are a union of 50 states.  Each state is equal within the Union.  Hence, two Senators per state, and Electoral College to chose the president.  Sadly many, both privately but also in public office, are trying to derail that system ... dismantle and eliminate that protection.  To make it worse, individual states are working to turn their electoral delegates into a mirror of the national vote.  Rather than represent their state with a winner and loser, they are splitting their votes to give to both, and some want to send their delegates to cast votes, either split or unanimous, for the majority of the full national count.

It is people living in downtown Billings, MT, suburban Minneapolis, MN, Denver, CO, and lakeside Duluth, MN, who think that they are the same as a person living in New York City, Los Angeles or Seattle demanding and doing this to us.

Forget the cartoons of Pres. DJT with a rack cleaning up the forest.  That is what you get when people make rules and laws about ecosystems that don't understand the benefits of natural fire.  We suppress fire, we refuse to do controlled burns, we don't use managed logging where natural fires aren't allowed.  Why, because someone living on the 105th floor of a skyscraper and has never spent more than 12 hours in a forest is afraid the ash will pollute, or a bird might die, or we will never see that tract of land the same in our lifetime.  People with history in these areas realize that change is good, and change is necessary for health.  We must destroy to renew.  The reverse would be true if Montana tried to rule the Los Angeles Basin with their lifestyle and knowledge.

Rant suspended for now, but look out, it is coming again.
If I appear taller than other men it is because I am standing on the shoulders of others.

tombogan03884

« Reply #126 on: October 12, 2020, 07:56:55 AM »
The 2 most important letters in the history of the Republic are "S", and "E".
That's the difference between The United States, and THESE United States, which is how it was known for the first 100 years.
One is an voluntary association of independent entities.
The other is a single unit answering to a single leadership.

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 92
« Reply #127 on: October 12, 2020, 11:45:49 AM »
I have lived in both big cities and in rural america.  Unfortunately, both sides can not understand  where the other side is coming from on most issues.  It is compounded  by many on both sides trying to say whats best for the other.  Its not a high percentage, but they are the most vocal about it.  What we really need is to have the vocal minority to stfu, so that adults that understand there are differences between the 2 groups can get toegther  and actually have rational conversation  about why they want/ need things to be a certain  way.

Sadly, in todays political environment that will never happen.

For the last 20 years, i have driven trucks, some small, some large, some max legal size/ weight.   I dont expect an office worker to understand why i need a f450, flat bed.  That being said, i totally understand why they have a honda civic.  They dont need the capacity, they can fit in parking places i could only dream of and fill up once or twice a month.   The difference between me and the vocal minority is i am willing to sit down and listen to them why they dont need a big truck.  The rub is that the vocal minority so taints the pool with hatred and fear mongering that it pollutes the rest of the pool. Making meaningful conversations  impoissble.    I have always said, i wilk listen to any ones political "imo" as long as they have it apply to them first and are willing to listen to mine.  The issuse is most are not willing to do one or both of those things. 

Ps, not this does not apply to more emotional issuses like gun control, abortion and the like.  Yes, gun control  is 100% emotional  as it is " save the children" type stuff, but in the end does nothing to stop actual crime.  Logic, rationality  and reason does not apply to emotions.  That being said, the ones that are willing to listen to the " other side"  at worst can become " more informed" about the issue, at best have thier  "imo" changed.   The real issue is ignorance.
I always break all the clay pigeons,  some times its even with lead.

tombogan03884

« Reply #128 on: October 12, 2020, 05:15:58 PM »
Compromise is for fools and losers. No good idea is improved by allowing traitors and fools to have input .
There is no excuse for continuing with bad ideas just because their consequences have been lessened.

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #129 on: October 12, 2020, 06:18:45 PM »
Compromise is for fools and losers. No good idea is improved by allowing traitors and fools to have input .
There is no excuse for continuing with bad ideas just because their consequences have been lessened.

Over the past couple years I have been representing a group that owns a private drainage ditch through farmland.  This ditch was built in 1962 under the organization and leadership of my father-in-law.  He taught me about it, and we worked together in working with all of the easement holders.  When he died the active members laid it on me to carry on.

I spent many hours with attorneys on this.  Their advise was for us to come to a plan, and make it work with those infringing on our private system.  They were all in agreement that we would not be able to return it to its original structure, but we could protect our rights.  They advised how we could force them to reimburse for our expenses almost 60 years ago, and they could be required to cover all expenses to upgrade the system to handle their additional flow.

Hear is the point:  I was advised to never compromise, and not to use that word.  We had the deeds and easements on our side, and we had the history of attempting to follow the easements.  EVERYTHING was to be aimed at those documents and history, and any changes made were to be done with our approval, full compensation to us for the changes, and that the changes ONLY maintained our current status or improved it.

When you compromise, nobody wins, and everybody is unhappy.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk