Author Topic: Preparing for first build....Sugestions  (Read 16841 times)

DanPatWork

• Very Active Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
Re: Preparing for first build....Sugestions
« Reply #30 on: November 24, 2016, 05:15:42 PM »
Midwest Industries products are GTG.   I've been to their store front to purchase my BCM and other products. I met the owner in person. The business model and product quality is second to none. I just wish he was closer to my end of the state, I would be beating his door down to work for him. If you ever get near their store stop in and just try to get out the door without buying something, I dare you. ( While your there get yourself some Dang! butterscotch root beer. I think they still have a cooler they sell that from. Another great small WI hometown business.)
"The laws that forbid the carrying of arms are laws of such a nature. They disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes.... Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man."
- Thomas Jefferson, Commonplace Book (quoting 18th century criminologist Cesare Beccaria), 1774-1776

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 853
« Reply #31 on: November 24, 2016, 11:37:03 PM »
Sportsman's Guide has them for $100.... ($90 for members)...limited quantities (3000 units) over the next few months.

http://www.sportsmansguide.com/product/index/ruger-ar-15-stripped-lower-receiver-multi-caliber?p=e648n&i=689514&ecid=Email-e648n&utm_source=internal&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=e648n&om_u=NshXQZ&om_i=_BYNafuB9VYq-hg&em_id=chuck.goins%40yahoo.com

Scares me when you read the review, and someone who is buying it rates it with fives, but only a three overall, and they leave a comment about not understanding what calibers an AR15 is for.
If I appear taller than other men it is because I am standing on the shoulders of others.

Rastus

• Mindlessness Fuels Tyranny
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 563
« Reply #32 on: November 25, 2016, 08:10:16 AM »
Scares me when you read the review, and someone who is buying it rates it with fives, but only a three overall, and they leave a comment about not understanding what calibers an AR15 is for.

One of those internet gurus, like me...  :o  :o  :o  :o  :o
Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.
It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
-William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)
                                                                                                                               Avoid subjugation, join the NRA!

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1048
« Reply #33 on: November 25, 2016, 02:42:37 PM »
Doris - "Great price. Unsure of exactly what calipers it uses as add doesn't seem to specify." Doris doesn't understand multi-caliber. Or spell check.  ::)
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

PegLeg45

• NRA Life, SAF, Constitutionalist
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1014
« Reply #34 on: November 25, 2016, 02:58:09 PM »
Doris - "Great price. Unsure of exactly what calipers it uses as add doesn't seem to specify." Doris doesn't understand multi-caliber. Or spell check.  ::)

Ha ha...

Don't be like Doris.

;D
"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

Sponsor

« Reply #35 on: Today at 06:22:37 AM »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk