Author Topic: Post election gun purchases  (Read 5884 times)

tombogan03884

Re: Post election gun purchases
« Reply #10 on: November 10, 2016, 01:12:08 PM »
I think Trump's win is going to translate into a big glut in the firearms and ammunition market. Especially when you factor in a Republican majority in both the House and Senate. Gun control is completely dead at the Federal level for at least 4 years. Hopefully 8. Look for huge sales in upcoming months. Especially after Christmas, and when the hunting season ends.

I'm hoping.  LOL

Majer

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 69
« Reply #11 on: November 10, 2016, 05:31:57 PM »
Me too!
"If violent crime is to be curbed, it is only the intended victim who can do it. The felon does not fear the police, and he fears neither judge nor jury. Therefore what he must be taught to fear is his victim." - Jeff Cooper
Pericles--"Freedom is only for those who have the guts to defend it".

The problem with society today is that not enough of us drink wine from our enemies skulls”.

It takes 43 muscles to frown, 17 to smile, and 3 for proper trigger squeeze.

Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars!!!
-Sheriff Jim Wilson
"When tyranny becomes law rebellion becomes duty" Thomas Jefferson
Es gibt keine Notwendigkeit zu befürchten, Underdog hier ist.
Great nations rise and fall. The people go from bondage to spiritual truth, to great courage, from courage to liberty, from liberty to abundance, from abundance to selfishness, from selfishness to complacency, from complacency to apathy, from apathy to dependence, from dependence back again to bondage. Where are we now??????

Timothy

« Reply #12 on: November 10, 2016, 05:33:23 PM »
Yea, I been considering a G26...and I'm frugal.

billt

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 454
« Reply #13 on: November 10, 2016, 05:36:28 PM »
The last 8 years of panic is finally over.

tombogan03884

« Reply #14 on: November 11, 2016, 05:54:26 AM »
The last 8 years of panic is finally over.

No it isn't.
It just moves to the State level.
We won a battle, the war continues.

Sponsor

« Reply #15 on: Today at 03:19:20 AM »

Rastus

• Mindlessness Fuels Tyranny
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 563
« Reply #15 on: November 11, 2016, 06:21:39 AM »
I plan on going to the big Wanenmacher's Gun Show this weekend.   11 Acres of guns and ammo under a roof.
http://www.tulsaarmsshow.com/ )

I think it will be a great gauge of the near term industry as it has been in the past.  I'll let you guys know what I observe.  I'm gonna dig up an old revolver and see if Jim Supica or Phillip Schreier are interested enough for a cameo on their show....
Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.
It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
-William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)
                                                                                                                               Avoid subjugation, join the NRA!

billt

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 454
« Reply #16 on: November 11, 2016, 06:40:34 AM »
I plan on going to the big Wanenmacher's Gun Show this weekend.   11 Acres of guns and ammo under a roof.
http://www.tulsaarmsshow.com/ )

I think it will be a great gauge of the near term industry as it has been in the past.  I'll let you guys know what I observe.  I'm gonna dig up an old revolver and see if Jim Supica or Phillip Schreier are interested enough for a cameo on their show....

Don't expect to see big bargains right off the bat. This is going to take some time to set in. Trump's win is going to put most everyone in a comfort zone regarding guns, that no one would be in if Hillary won instead. She would have triggered an instant panic, much like Obama did in 2008.

That said, Tom is right about the state level. California for example has banned any magazines over 10 rounds. Even one's that were purchased when they were legal. (Much like the New York Safe Act that very few are complying with). Here in Arizona we lost Joe Arpaio as sheriff. Some Democrat won. Arpaio was known to sign off on most anything regarding suppressors and full auto weapons. (He was the Chief Law Enforcement Officer for Maricopa County). This guy? Who the hell knows. So that could effect those type of sales in the future. It remains to be seen.

I think for the moment prices will remain the same, and the supply will not be effected, and remain plentiful. I just got a flyer from Cabela's. Next Saturday they have 325 round cartons of Federal .22's for just $17.99, and Fiocchi 115 Gr. FMJ 9 MM for $9.99 a box. All with no limit. It will attract a crowd. If Hillary had won it would be a stampede.   

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 447
« Reply #17 on: November 11, 2016, 07:08:30 AM »

And this is why I am anxious to retire.   

One of many gun related things on my bucket list.

Will work for ammo
USAF MAC 437th MAW 1968-1972

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk