Author Topic: Any Of You Having To Cook Today?  (Read 10797 times)

PegLeg45

• NRA Life, SAF, Constitutionalist
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1064
Re: Any Of You Having To Cook Today?
« Reply #20 on: November 25, 2016, 03:27:10 PM »
Considering how sweet Miss Amy is, no further description is necessary!

Give her our best, Chuck!

I will.

Next Thanksgiving I'm visiting you guys for some home cooking.

Come on down...one thing we can do well around here is feed folks.
"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

Rastus

• Mindlessness Fuels Tyranny
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 585
« Reply #21 on: November 25, 2016, 04:56:42 PM »

Mrs. Pegleg made it, indeed.

Just like my grandma used to make.
Twelve layers of yellow cake with cooked chocolate icing poured over each layer as it is stacked.

It's a goodness I can't adequately describe with words.  :D

She makes a key lime cake that's so good the folks at church functions will fight to scrape the last crumbs off the plate.

Wow.  I'm jealous.  "So very jealous.", as Trump would say.   

Wish you had church a little closer.  Key lime cake....man, you gotta get that recipe out here somewhere....I've got a half dozen limes on the countertop right now.
Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.
It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
-William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)
                                                                                                                               Avoid subjugation, join the NRA!

red364

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 6
« Reply #22 on: November 25, 2016, 06:09:29 PM »
I'm with Frank on this one! I want to make the pilgrimage to Peg's house!

Timothy

« Reply #23 on: November 25, 2016, 06:16:56 PM »
Bring some firepower, Red!  They have a hog problem in GA!

You can pack some ham for the trip home!

PegLeg45

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #24 on: November 25, 2016, 06:53:08 PM »
Wow.  I'm jealous.  "So very jealous.", as Trump would say.   

Wish you had church a little closer.  Key lime cake....man, you gotta get that recipe out here somewhere....I've got a half dozen limes on the countertop right now.

I'm surrounded by cakes....and still managed to loose weight over the last year.

I'll see if she has the recipe written down.

Bring some firepower, Red!  They have a hog problem in GA!

You can pack some ham for the trip home!

We got a cake for that too.  ;D

"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

Sponsor

« Reply #25 on: Today at 06:23:51 PM »

Rastus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #25 on: November 26, 2016, 07:07:54 AM »
<snip>
We got a cake for that too.  ;D

Aw gee I have been around enough hog pens in my youth and slaughtered enough hogs to say,
"That just ain't right". 

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 92
« Reply #26 on: November 26, 2016, 11:11:38 AM »
I did not make my great grandparents chocolate cake this year( they owned a bakery)   it is so rich, it always knocks peoples socks off, and its soaked in booze.   ;D

Whats shocking is the cake itself is actually vegan( the frosting, not so much)  the date on the recipe is 1906.   About 10 years Go I scanned all of the idex cards that were hand written.   The hard part is figuring out what some stuff is, they listed every thing by brand name, not what it is.  Somethings we don't know what it is,  others I have been able to track down.   Example,  jackon,  saw it in a lot of places, googlefu failed, finally saw a bottle from a bottle collector, it was a backstrap molasses with spices( no clue what)   

Sadly every one that worked there or all of thier 13 kids all passed on.
I always break all the clay pigeons,  some times its even with lead.

les snyder

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #27 on: November 26, 2016, 04:33:39 PM »
Rastus... if you don't get the cake recipe...key lime pie... 9" Graham cracker crust (I find the +2 slice version gives me just the right depth of filling)... 1/2 cup key lime juice ( I use Nellie and Joe's and this is basically their recipe with an extra egg yolk)... 1 can sweetened condensed milk (I use Borden's)... 4 egg yolks (only)... pre heat 350 and bake for about 23-25 minutes (slightly longer than recipe on the bottle)... I usually double the recipe and make two...I like to top with Cool Whip or Reddi Whip... enjoy

key lime pie is NOT green

PegLeg45

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #28 on: November 26, 2016, 07:28:15 PM »
Check your messages, Rastus.

Rastus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #29 on: November 26, 2016, 09:45:50 PM »
I am going to have to try the key lime pie too.  I see Amazon had Nellie & Joe's so I'll be good going authentic.  Extra egg yolk should be good for extra twang...

I think this and the cake together are going to be really cool...

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk