Author Topic: Artillery  (Read 12322 times)

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 873
Re: Artillery
« Reply #30 on: January 08, 2017, 09:58:03 AM »

Amazing isn't it ? We should all be stumbling around with hooks and eye patches.

Well, most of us aren't  ;)
If I appear taller than other men it is because I am standing on the shoulders of others.

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #31 on: January 08, 2017, 10:02:42 AM »
One of the things missed by many in society, especially those trying to control and regulate us into submission, is that in a well functioning education system we come out knowing  things like how to separate water into hydrogen and oxygen, how to make methane, how to store and release (and multiply) energy (springs, weights, pulleys), ...

I'm not sure what all is being taught in science and shop these days, but for those of us that graduated in the 70's and prior, we were taught to be creative and how the world works.
If I appear taller than other men it is because I am standing on the shoulders of others.

Timothy

« Reply #32 on: January 08, 2017, 11:33:57 AM »
Yea, I was able to take machine shop, wood shop, small engine mechanics, electricity and electronics and a myriad of cooking classes while still taking the requisite classes to get into college!

My kid saw none of this!

Rastus

• Mindlessness Fuels Tyranny
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 573
« Reply #33 on: January 08, 2017, 12:19:06 PM »
One of the things missed by many in society, especially those trying to control and regulate us into submission, is that in a well functioning education system we come out knowing  things like how to separate water into hydrogen and oxygen, how to make methane, how to store and release (and multiply) energy (springs, weights, pulleys), ...

I'm not sure what all is being taught in science and shop these days, but for those of us that graduated in the 70's and prior, we were taught to be creative and how the world works.
Yea, I was able to take machine shop, wood shop, small engine mechanics, electricity and electronics and a myriad of cooking classes while still taking the requisite classes to get into college!

My kid saw none of this!

Now you know the NEA can't support that.  It fosters independence which is not to be tolerated in academia.  If people were taught how to take care of themselves where would that leave the social workers?  Have you no conscience for their wellbeing?

Not to mention if taught those things the students may actually be deluded into thinking that they don't need the government from cradle to grave.  The NEA can't support anything that smells of citizen independence from the government it could lead to massive defunding of our "very useful" educational employment complex.

You maroons...!   ::)

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.
It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
-William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)
                                                                                                                               Avoid subjugation, join the NRA!

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #34 on: January 08, 2017, 12:42:28 PM »
Now you know the NEA can't support that.  It fosters independence which is not to be tolerated in academia.  If people were taught how to take care of themselves where would that leave the social workers?  Have you no conscience for their wellbeing?

Not to mention if taught those things the students may actually be deluded into thinking that they don't need the government from cradle to grave.  The NEA can't support anything that smells of citizen independence from the government it could lead to massive defunding of our "very useful" educational employment complex.

You maroons...!   ::)

After five years of hard work, my bride completed her undergrad work and then earned her Masters in Teaching (K-12 English Second Language).  A very valuable degree and license in our current situation.  She also racked up quite a bit of debt doing this, but landed a very good position locally.  Looked like a bright future.  Sadly, she has developed a serious medical condition that has forced her to step away from this career.  The bright side to medical issues and lost income to pay school loans?  No more union pressure from the NEA and MEA!  People talk about the NRA and its lobby and influence on members.  You ain't seen nothing until you've been a teacher and dealt with the NEA!  I was a member of the Teamsters when I was in high school (my only union shop, and I vowed never to go back), and the Teamsters have nothing in terms of power and intimidation on the NEA.

Sponsor

« Reply #35 on: Today at 06:42:34 PM »

Rastus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #35 on: January 08, 2017, 02:27:24 PM »
Sorry about the medical issue.  My mom was a teacher and cannot stand the NEA. 

The NEA are a bunch of hateful people if you disagree with them.

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 453
« Reply #36 on: January 08, 2017, 03:47:25 PM »
Ah, aerial bombardment.  Wondering when we'd get around to it.

Being totally bored, and living just upwind of a podunk USAF base one cold Illinois winter, we used lye and tin foil to inflate balloons with hydrogen.  Large balloons ;)   Some things they don't teach you even in school in our day:   While pure hydrogen burns colorless, kitchen sink hydrogen is very impure and gives off a bright yellow/orange flash.    Old fashion yellow "Scotch" tape isn't as good as cannon fuse, but will sustain a flame in a light breeze.   

Practical science, in and out of the classroom, kept many of us interested in our science courses.   Sadly, today, you cannot even buy  the items in the old Mr Wizzard's chemistry kits. 

Will work for ammo
USAF MAC 437th MAW 1968-1972

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #37 on: January 08, 2017, 05:20:58 PM »
Ahhhhhhhhhhhh, Chemistry sets!  My parents gave me the largest one right off the bat, and I went through many refills of chemical bottles ... Some more than others.

Sulfur was a very popular flavor in my room  ;D

PegLeg45

• NRA Life, SAF, Constitutionalist
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1030
« Reply #38 on: January 08, 2017, 07:06:02 PM »
OK...one more....MRE heaters.......when torn open and poured into a two liter coke bottle with a 1/4 cup of water will begin to build pressure after the cap is secured......until it makes a big BOOM.

"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

Rastus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #39 on: January 08, 2017, 07:17:33 PM »
<snip>
Practical science, in and out of the classroom, kept many of us interested in our science courses.   Sadly, today, you cannot even buy  the items in the old Mr Wizzard's chemistry kits.

Really?  Hmmm....I dunno about that:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1950s-Porter-Chemcraft-Chemistry-Combination-Lab-Set-No-2614-Vintage-Rare-VTG-/291993274919?hash=item43fc27ca27:g:iQsAAOSwjDZYb-gd

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk