Author Topic: GSSF 2017  (Read 7351 times)

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 467
GSSF 2017
« on: March 26, 2017, 02:57:08 PM »
First match of the year for me was the River Bend (Dawsonville) match on my home range.

I've developed cataracts but I didn't think they were that bad, as far a shooting was concerned.

BOY WAS I WRONG.

I scored the lowest scores in 5 years.   My close up targets were as tight a groups as any.  On one (5-by-Glock) the 5yd target had all 6 rounds in the "X" zone.  But out a 25 yards I had 2 misses.  I've "cleaned" this course of fire in less time that it took me this year to miss.

I finished on page 2 at 65th with a score of 107.61. 

I'm getting the eyes fixed soon, so look out when the GSSF Nationals roll around next fall.

Will work for ammo
USAF MAC 437th MAW 1968-1972

les snyder

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: GSSF 2017
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2017, 08:06:39 AM »
Alf.... repeat after me... oh mann o pat me ohm.... pistol caliber carbine.... pistol caliber carbine... pistol caliber carbine

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2017, 06:59:59 PM »
 ;D

I'll get there, Les.     Let's get the eyes fixed, first. (Robo-eyes).   Then we'll see what that does to iron sights.  Then it's the MOS and the PCC. 

I keep an eye out towards collecting the parts.   Or a good price on one of the commercial rigs.
Will work for ammo

Conagher 45

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2017, 04:11:26 PM »
Aero Survival Rifles use Glock Magazines  8)
www.tnwfirearms.com
There is room for all of God's creatures ....., That would be on my plate right next to the taters and gravy.

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1130
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2017, 04:30:58 PM »
Aero Survival Rifles use Glock Magazines  8)
www.tnwfirearms.com

If you plan on buying one of these you should read the reviews. The first one isn't good at all. The rest of the reviews are positive even when there are problems. http://www.tnwfirearms.com/product-p/asrx-cplt-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx.htm
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 06:08:12 PM »

les snyder

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2017, 09:53:53 PM »
there are better options out there ....

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2017, 02:54:06 PM »
Just get back from IRC and I realize the GSSF Nationals-Gunny Challenge is in 2 weeks.  11/18.  Talladega baby.

Did I tell you I hate my Gen 4 G17?   Rubs my trigger finger raw after a dozen rounds, and the trigger has a nasty habit of locking up as you try to squeeze off the first shot.   

So with a few buck burning a hole in my pocket, I went down to the dealer and got a G17 G5.  It felt better and the trigger did not seem to want to hang up.

Just got back from the range.   150rounds right out of the box.   My trigger finger isn't raw and the trigger never locked up.   My first 20 rounds at 25yds were 19A and 1B.   

I still am not a fan-boy, but this Glock may be a keeper.   Anyone want a G4 cheap?

Now if I can just get 1 or 2 more range sessions before the 17th.

Will work for ammo

Conagher 45

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2017, 05:51:06 PM »
I may not have guzzled the Glock Kool-Aid but I sure sipped a bunch of it.
I only own for or five of them.
I would like to know your thoughts on the Gen-5.
My G-17 gen 4 has been a great shooter so far, no problems yet.
There is room for all of God's creatures ....., That would be on my plate right next to the taters and gravy.

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2017, 03:50:01 PM »
I went an shot Friday.   Only took about 2 hours.  Registration was at the main facility, the clubhouse.  To comply with the range rules, everyone signed a range release (rather formal 2 page affair) and got a wrist band.   Then you could drive down to the action pistol range.  Range 5

Beautiful weather.  I shot 2 entries, Competition and Am Civilian.   For each of the stages, I just went for speed in the Comp entry.   Had fun but the score sucked, 143.   For the Am Civ, I was a little more serious and ended up with 88.62.   Not my best but far from my worst and much better than I did in the spring.    Understand I've been serious DA recolver shooting all summer and fall.   I had only 150rds and one range session since IRC with this new Gen5.   I fired a couple of shots a tad early.  Still hit the paper but "C" instead of "A". 

In my dreams I was in the 60's, but an 88 is not bad.   I should be back on page 1 of the results.  Depending on who and how many show up, I could even be in the running for high Super Senior.
Will work for ammo

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2017, 04:00:38 PM »
I would like to know your thoughts on the Gen-5.
My G-17 gen 4 has been a great shooter so far, no problems yet.

I have hated my G17 Gen 4 from the get go.   My two biggest complaints have involved the trigger.  First, for some reason it rubs the bottom of my trigger finger raw in only a dozen or so rounds.   Secondly the safety lever in the trigger catches and at times won't let the trigger move regardless of how hard you pull.   Releasing and re-squeezing the trigger alleviates the problem.   I asked a Glock armorer about this and he said I was holding the gun wrong.  That made me hate it even more.   A fraction of a fraction of an inch of finger more or less shouldn't cause the gun to lock up.   I just assume all Glock users have this problem but are blinded by the Cool-aide.

UNDERSTAND:  To compete in a GSSF match the pistol must be all Glock without significant changes.  Sights are okay to change out.   Grip tape or stippling, okay, but not in excess.

I could have done some mods.  But, heck, this is suppose to be PERFECTION.  Right?

Now the Gen 5 alleviates these problems.   It does not rub my finger raw and it doesn't "catch" like the Gen4.   I like it, for a Glock.  I'll keep if for GSSF, only.   

All the other changes, like beveled front edges and reversible magazine release and ambi slide lock are lost on my application.

Will work for ammo

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk