Author Topic: CA legal "featureless" AR-15s  (Read 9342 times)

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1036
CA legal "featureless" AR-15s
« on: April 11, 2017, 10:58:59 PM »
Ruger is making a "featureless" version of their AR-556 that's California legal. Stag Arms is making a bunch of variations with the same type of stock and other makers are coming up with other solutions to the California-legal AR problem. This monstrosity has a thumb-hole stock without the illegal thumb-hole. I'm glad I'm in a state that at least halfway respects the second amendment. This thing is so ugly and awkward looking it won't likely be bought by anyone living in the "free" states. http://www.ruger.com/products/ar556/specSheets/8510.html
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

PegLeg45

• NRA Life, SAF, Constitutionalist
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1014
Re: CA legal "featureless" AR-15s
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2017, 12:24:26 PM »
Instead of finding ways to comply with these absurd laws, I'd really love to see these manufacturers follow Ronnie Barrett's lead and just forsake Kalifornia all together.
If normal everyday folk can't own a particular weapon, then refuse to sell to agencies of the law as well (including repair/replacement parts).

In the words of the Anthony Hopkins character Col. Ludlow, "Screw 'em!!!"

When the "gang bangers" are still armed and supplied and the cops are hamstrung and can't get crap to work with, maybe they will open their eyes to the situation of the regular law abiding citizens of that state.

And yes, I know this would also hurt good folks who want firearms, but then this could be the impetus to DO SOMETHING (but I doubt it). They have sat on their thumbs for forty years and allowed this to happen. Almost every other state is working to allow better arming of it's citizens and CA wants to be like England.
"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2017, 01:10:16 PM »
I agree 100% that none of these firearms manufacturers should sell to any state agency in Commiefornia until civilians can buy them too.

If I was the gun store owner the cops went to during the North Hollywood shootout I wouldn't have given them any AR-15s or other firearms. I would have told them to fill out the proper paperwork and come back in 15 days. After all it's the law, and I wouldn't want to get in trouble with the ATF. If anyone thinks that the cops shouldn't have to wait to get a gun when they need one, please explain to me why civilians should. It may sound extreme, but the law shouldn't apply only to civilians and not the police. And if the police don't like it they should help to get the law changed.
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

BAC

« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2017, 01:25:26 PM »
On the other hand, the real Hera CQR stock/foregrip looks pretty bad ass, IMO:

tombogan03884

« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2017, 01:57:43 PM »
I agree with Pegleg and Frank.
Don't cater to these a holes.
If they want the guns let them change their laws.

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 05:38:56 AM »

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 92
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2017, 03:06:06 PM »
i always said it would only take 1 new gun law to fix ca gun laws...

Laws apply to every one in the state including on duty sworn LEO.

with in 6 months all of the ca laws would go away.

even prison guard are exempt form the ca crap... so are paper pushers at the doj.
I always break all the clay pigeons,  some times its even with lead.

Solus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 43
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2017, 03:12:17 PM »
i always said it would only take 1 new gun law to fix ca gun laws...

Laws apply to every one in the state including on duty sworn LEO.

with in 6 months all of the ca laws would go away.

even prison guard are exempt form the ca crap... so are paper pushers at the doj.

I like that 1 gun law idea.

I'd love to see the officials dance when asked why they need better armament when the law keep criminals from having any guns at all.

When they say that the laws don't stop criminals from getting guns,  they will need to defend why they passed all of them if they believe that
Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!"
—Patrick Henry

"Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority. It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters."
— Daniel Webster

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2017, 10:43:31 PM »
On the other hand, the real Hera CQR stock/foregrip looks pretty bad ass, IMO:

The fore grip looks okay if you like the P90 look but I wouldn't want a non-adjustable butt-stock with a 12" length of pull. I guess it would be okay if you wear body armor 100% of the time but if I wanted a non-adjustable stock I would get an A1 or A2 style. Also with a VFG you have a choice of having your hand vertical or horizontal and can move it around. With this one you're pretty much stuck with one position.

Jim Kennedy-ar154me

• Top Forum Member
  • NRA Life Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1403
« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2017, 07:31:00 AM »
Most of you already know this but Barrett Firearms does NOT deal with California for exactly the reasons stated here.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barrett_Firearms_Manufacturing

In the history section is where it explains.

When Ca outlawed .50 cal Barrett stopped dealing with Ca. totally including  not fixing any rifles sent by LEO's and if memory serves (usually doesn't) he even told them they would have to come to his shop to pick up the ones he had in for repair as he refused to ship them back.

Got to love a man/company with a set of balls.
The time for action is upon us and the enemy is at our gates. Let us not allow them one more inch of advancement but instead throw them through the gates of Hell.

Solus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 43
« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2017, 09:29:04 AM »
Most of you already know this but Barrett Firearms does NOT deal with California for exactly the reasons stated here.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barrett_Firearms_Manufacturing

In the history section is where it explains.

When Ca outlawed .50 cal Barrett stopped dealing with Ca. totally including  not fixing any rifles sent by LEO's and if memory serves (usually doesn't) he even told them they would have to come to his shop to pick up the ones he had in for repair as he refused to ship them back.

Got to love a man/company with a set of balls.

I'd say firearms enthusiasts could place a lot of financial leverage on gun manufactures who did not follow Barrett's example.
Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!"
—Patrick Henry

"Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority. It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters."
— Daniel Webster

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk