Author Topic: CA legal "featureless" AR-15s  (Read 9341 times)

les snyder

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1036
Re: CA legal "featureless" AR-15s
« Reply #11 on: April 13, 2017, 02:57:11 PM »
I read a review on the ARES SCR. Gander Mountain sold out at $899.99 so they are on the expensive side. It might still be worth it if you live in a communist state, but the trigger pull is 10.4 pounds according to one review (less in other reviews). And several reviews say how terrible the trigger is besides the heavy pull. Since it's a proprietary design you can't drop in an AR match trigger group. The trigger would be a deal breaker for me.
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: April 15, 2017, 06:53:46 PM »
Here's another featureless AR stock. The pictures I've seen with it mounted don't look half bad. Much better than the HERA QCR IMO. http://www.thordsencustoms.com/frs-15-rifle-stock/frs-15-stock-kits/
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 853
« Reply #13 on: April 16, 2017, 12:54:26 PM »
Instead of finding ways to comply with these absurd laws, I'd really love to see these manufacturers follow Ronnie Barrett's lead and just forsake Kalifornia all together.
If normal everyday folk can't own a particular weapon, then refuse to sell to agencies of the law as well (including repair/replacement parts).

In the words of the Anthony Hopkins character Col. Ludlow, "Screw 'em!!!"

When the "gang bangers" are still armed and supplied and the cops are hamstrung and can't get crap to work with, maybe they will open their eyes to the situation of the regular law abiding citizens of that state.

And yes, I know this would also hurt good folks who want firearms, but then this could be the impetus to DO SOMETHING (but I doubt it). They have sat on their thumbs for forty years and allowed this to happen. Almost every other state is working to allow better arming of it's citizens and CA wants to be like England.

B-I-N-G-O !!!
If I appear taller than other men it is because I am standing on the shoulders of others.

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 92
« Reply #14 on: April 16, 2017, 05:45:24 PM »
B-I-N-G-O !!!

you can say that all you want, but as long as there is money to be made( and lots of it) it will never happen.

barret is such a small market its really didn't cost him anything.

oh yeah before any one brings up sti, they already did not sell in CA except to leos, then 2 weeks after barret did his thing, they made  ahuge pollitcal statement saying they cut off sales to CA.   only they were not selling any ca for almost 7 years before that.   Its why I will never buy an sti product.
I always break all the clay pigeons,  some times its even with lead.

Sponsor

« Reply #15 on: Today at 04:20:22 AM »

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #15 on: April 16, 2017, 10:18:08 PM »
STI pistols are too expensive but if I needed another reason not to get one I think I just got it.

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 92
« Reply #16 on: April 16, 2017, 10:32:26 PM »
So you are ok with them lieing for marketing purposes in a "jump on the band wagon" deal?

They were not selling in ca, them magically after barret did his thing, they made some hige public announcement that they stopped selling to.ca.

Sorry, thats a dick move, barret did it for the right reasons, sti did it too sell more guns.
I always break all the clay pigeons,  some times its even with lead.

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #17 on: April 16, 2017, 10:47:03 PM »
I'm never okay with a business lying. That's a good reason to tell them to f*** off.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk