Author Topic: 7" AR pistol with LAW folding stock adapter  (Read 11105 times)

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1036
Re: 7" AR pistol with LAW folding stock adapter
« Reply #10 on: May 11, 2017, 12:43:42 PM »
Pistol caliber carbines are great when you compare them to pistols shooting the same ammo. You get:

1.  Higher velocity
2.  Flatter trajectory
3.  Approximately 1/3 more muzzle energy
4.  Increased accuracy

Comparing a PCC to a rifle caliber carbine, the pistol caliber doesn't stack up well.
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

PegLeg45

• NRA Life, SAF, Constitutionalist
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1014
« Reply #11 on: May 11, 2017, 02:27:14 PM »
Les, I also like that folding stock set-up. It would definitely allow a wider range of stealth carry methods.

A few weekends ago we took our camper over to a nearby state park for a two day outing. I found a backpack for $30 at wallymart that was just long enough to accommodate my AR pistol, four loaded mags, and two days change of clothes. Backpacks have become a common thing (I see folks carrying them everywhere) so having the back-up firepower basically hidden in plain sight was a comfort.
I did not shoulder carry it everywhere, just kept it either in the camper at night or in the vehicle by day as a back-up to my sidearm.
"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 447
« Reply #12 on: May 12, 2017, 09:34:06 AM »
So I'm a little behind the time here.   I kept staring at the picture wondering where the recoil spring was and how this worked.   DUH.  Finally have time to look this up and "larn" myself.

Neat little attachment, the LAW Folding Stock Adapter.    I really want one for my "backpack" rifle. 

Neat little $259 attachment.  Wow.  Hopefully there will be competition and the price will come down.

Will work for ammo
USAF MAC 437th MAW 1968-1972

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1036
« Reply #13 on: May 12, 2017, 04:14:23 PM »
Brownell's has that stock adapter on sale for $209.99 which still isn't cheap. It adds 1.3" to the length of pull and 8.5 oz. of weight.
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

les snyder

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #14 on: May 12, 2017, 07:27:16 PM »
Alf... my LAW was $200 and have been told they were on sale for about $180... they have the advantage of making  the length of pull with a typical pistol buffer tube that allows you the shoulder and get nose to charging handle....

PegLeg... what kind of muzzle device do you have on your pistol?...I built a flash can for the 7" and have a LeVang on my 10.5 MK18... may try a linear on the 7"... the fire ball, even in daylight, is spectacular

Sponsor

« Reply #15 on: Today at 05:05:51 AM »

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 447
« Reply #15 on: May 13, 2017, 09:17:53 PM »
I have the LeVang on one of my pistols and the shock and awe is...  well awesome.   The noise and flash alone will give a perp 2nd thoughts about any further engagement.

Will work for ammo
USAF MAC 437th MAW 1968-1972

PegLeg45

• NRA Life, SAF, Constitutionalist
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1014
« Reply #16 on: May 14, 2017, 11:41:16 AM »
PegLeg... what kind of muzzle device do you have on your pistol?...I built a flash can for the 7" and have a LeVang on my 10.5 MK18... may try a linear on the 7"... the fire ball, even in daylight, is spectacular

The one I have is very similar to the Levang, and is a unit I bought through a guy in Arizona. He sells through ebay and I think I paid something like $35 total. He does limited runs of his items so you have to keep an eye for when has a batch ready. I want to get one for my carbine (the brake I have on it now has an ear-shattering side blast).

I know ammo has a lot to do with muzzle flash. I was shooting some Wolf Poly coated ammo and the flash in afternoon lighting was not too terrible (I want to video it for another perspective). I have not shot it in low-light yet but want to soon.

"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

les snyder

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #17 on: May 15, 2017, 10:46:06 PM »
got a chance to bench both the 7" and 10.5" pistols today...stuck a 4x scope on and shot at 50 and 100yd indoors off a rest.... results surprised me as both shot about the same... around 3" at 100yd with 69 Sierra Match Kings....USPSA "A" zone with 55 Wolf and iron sights (bad trigger too)... I still will build a 9" upper for my 9mm

les snyder

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #18 on: May 30, 2017, 08:11:43 AM »
OK it is not America's rifle... but I got lazy and just bought a PSA 7" 9mm upper for my "well it kinda looks like an MP5" on a spare PSA(NFA) lower... these things are addictive

les snyder

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #19 on: June 14, 2017, 09:19:21 PM »
just a follow up to the original 5.56 pistol, and the problem with excessive muzzle flash... using H322 and 69 SMK I got a significant reduction in muzzle flash... may well be a keeper...

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk