Author Topic: Looking For A Good Digital Camera ?????  (Read 32616 times)

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1036
Re: Looking For A Good Digital Camera ?????
« Reply #40 on: June 05, 2017, 01:31:38 PM »
This is about the best I can do with my 2.1 Sony Cybershot.

That picture came out way better than I thought it would with such a low-res camera. Good job Bill.
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

DrFootball

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #41 on: June 05, 2017, 01:48:20 PM »
 Good lookin wheelgun! Nice job

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DrFootball

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #42 on: June 05, 2017, 01:49:01 PM »
I was under the impression that you wanted to "shoot" action photos...

billt

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 454
« Reply #43 on: June 05, 2017, 01:57:12 PM »
Same gun, same set up. This is about as close in as I can get and still get a decent focus, with any amount of clarity.

PegLeg45

• NRA Life, SAF, Constitutionalist
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1014
« Reply #44 on: June 05, 2017, 02:10:40 PM »
Here's some gun action.....
My friend shot this with an old Canon EOS 40D, 1/4000 sec exposure time, ISO 3200.

"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

Sponsor

« Reply #45 on: Today at 03:24:26 AM »

billt

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #45 on: June 05, 2017, 04:58:02 PM »
That's a cool shot. The slide is just starting to open.

DrFootball

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #46 on: June 05, 2017, 04:58:59 PM »
Here's some gun action.....
My friend shot this with an old Canon EOS 40D, 1/4000 sec exposure time, ISO 3200.

Nice!

BAC

« Reply #47 on: June 05, 2017, 05:08:56 PM »
Neat!

billt

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #48 on: June 05, 2017, 05:14:33 PM »
Here is another question I have. With the old 35 MM film cameras, you had to set the ASA of the film on the camera. How is it with these digitals? Is it something that is just obsolete, and no longer a concern? How does the camera know the F-Stop in relationship to the shutter speed? Bear with me here, it's been 35 years since I popped the shutter on a 35 MM camera. As they say, I know just enough to be dangerous.

BAC

« Reply #49 on: June 05, 2017, 05:30:08 PM »
Here is another question I have. With the old 35 MM film cameras, you had to set the ASA of the film on the camera. How is it with these digitals? Is it something that is just obsolete, and no longer a concern? How does the camera know the F-Stop in relationship to the shutter speed? Bear with me here, it's been 35 years since I popped the shutter on a 35 MM camera. As they say, I know just enough to be dangerous.

You can set the "film speed" manually or have the camera set it automatically.   Just like film, the higher ISO will give you more grain (noise in digital) in your image.  In program mode with auto ISO the camera will set all three variables (shutter, aperture, and ISO) for you.  Most cameras give you the ability to customize some of the settings, like telling it to not go above 3200 ISO, for example.  Must go back to work now.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk