Author Topic: Boyd's laminated wood AR furniture  (Read 11667 times)

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1036
Re: Boyd's laminated wood AR furniture
« Reply #10 on: June 23, 2017, 12:01:59 PM »
FINALLY, an AR you can butt stroke some one with .
One of the advantages of the AK has always been the option of smashing some one in the face with out breaking the stock.

I would worry more about breaking off the buffer tube than breaking the stock on an AR. Truth be told grunts can break anything.
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

tombogan03884

« Reply #11 on: June 23, 2017, 12:38:04 PM »
Well, To do them justice.
When you're paying some one to kill people and wreck stuff, don't be surprised if some of the stuff they wreck is their own.

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 447
« Reply #12 on: June 24, 2017, 09:24:52 AM »
Beautiful.  I might put those on a bolt action AR.

People will find a way to break anything.    Where I work, people find new and interesting ways to break things everyday.    Last night I was given a hand held microphone and told it wasn't working.  I pointed out that it might have something to do with the condensation INSIDE the mic case.   "How did it get wet INSIDE the mic?" I asked.   All I got were shrugs.   (I'm thinking toilet.  Hoping sink.)

Will work for ammo
USAF MAC 437th MAW 1968-1972

BAC

« Reply #13 on: June 24, 2017, 09:11:11 PM »
Drum roll, please...

P6240141.jpg
by Brian Chiaravalle, on Flickr

P6240143.jpg

P6240145.jpg

P6240148.jpg

P6240151.jpg

P6240153.jpg

Worked flawlessly, but accuracy was for crap.  Noticed these marks on the spent brass:

P6240159.jpg

Thoughts?

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1036
« Reply #14 on: June 24, 2017, 11:01:54 PM »
That's a fine looking AR. I don't know what would make those marks on the brass. I haven't seen that before.
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

Sponsor

« Reply #15 on: Today at 07:19:41 AM »

tombogan03884

« Reply #15 on: June 25, 2017, 05:51:11 AM »
Nice.

DanPatWork

• Very Active Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #16 on: June 25, 2017, 09:01:35 AM »
I wonder if those marks are gouging from your feed ramp cuts? Burs in the chamber?
"The laws that forbid the carrying of arms are laws of such a nature. They disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes.... Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man."
- Thomas Jefferson, Commonplace Book (quoting 18th century criminologist Cesare Beccaria), 1774-1776

BAC

« Reply #17 on: June 25, 2017, 01:30:21 PM »
I wonder if those marks are gouging from your feed ramp cuts? Burs in the chamber?

I was thinking burrs in the chamber, too.  Will check it out when able.  Still in honeymoon phase.   :)

les snyder

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #18 on: June 25, 2017, 09:11:19 PM »
what does the base web area look like? any stretch marks?

BAC

« Reply #19 on: June 25, 2017, 09:39:22 PM »
what does the base web area look like? any stretch marks?

I don't know what that is.  Please 'splain and I will look.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk