Author Topic: Solar Eclipse  (Read 6704 times)

Rastus

• Mindlessness Fuels Tyranny
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 573
Re: Solar Eclipse
« Reply #20 on: August 21, 2017, 08:55:22 AM »
The only ones that will commit suicides are those that miss their ride back "home" with the little green men.

Speaking of, they are supposed to land here in Kentucky in Hodgensville. Here in Louisville we will get about 96% coverage for the "moon shadow" event (Boy I used to love listening to Cat Stevens before he "converted")

Louisville?  For some reason I thought you were out west.  Regardless, I feel the same way about the idiot move Cat Stevens made.  Hopefully I won't get an earworm on "Moonshadow" and be tortured all day long.

about 75% of the people here now are nuts.  Like fruit and nuts.   I actually had some jack ass in a burning man rv cut my lock, hook up to my rv power on my property.... the ar 15 on my shoulder convinced them too leave, even the national guardis out.

Tab I hate to hear that.  Are those mostly urban dwellers that are idiots...or has it descended upon country folk too?   Too many people think they are entitled to someone else's hard work for their use and enjoyment....they need to be starved to the point where they are willing to work.
Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.
It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
-William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)
                                                                                                                               Avoid subjugation, join the NRA!

PegLeg45

• NRA Life, SAF, Constitutionalist
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1030
« Reply #21 on: August 21, 2017, 10:43:28 AM »
FedEx issued a statement for the eclipse.....  :o :o :o :o

I thought it was funny just because of the coice of wording because they make t sound like they are preparing for a cat 5 hurricane.
And yes, I figure they are actually concerned with the "idiot factor" causing traffic issues, but it still struck me funny.

From the FedEx web page:

Total Solar Eclipse 2017

Last updated: August 18, 2017
FedEx is closely monitoring potential effects of the total solar eclipse on Monday, August 21, 2017. Our first priority is the safety and well-being of our team members, and we will implement contingency plans as necessary. Events of this nature often cause pickup and delivery delays and disruptions for FedEx customers. FedEx is prepared to provide service to the best of its ability.
For more information on the total solar eclipse, visit the National Aeronautics and Space Administration. For more information on traffic conditions, visit the U.S. Department of Transportation Federal Highway Administration.
Note that potential service disruptions may not affect FedEx Express, FedEx Ground, FedEx Freight, FedEx Office, etc. the same. This may result in different levels of impact as well as cities, states and ZIP Codes serviced.
Continue to check fedex.com for service updates. For specific shipment status information, please track your shipment at fedex.com. You can also contact FedEx Customer Service at 1.800.GoFedEx 1.800.463.3339 or stay up to date by subscribing to FedEx Service Alert email notifications at the FedEx Email Subscription Center.

"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

Magoo541

• Bryan Munson
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #22 on: August 21, 2017, 02:31:45 PM »
FedEx issued a statement for the eclipse.....  :o :o :o :o

I thought it was funny just because of the coice of wording because they make t sound like they are preparing for a cat 5 hurricane.
And yes, I figure they are actually concerned with the "idiot factor" causing traffic issues, but it still struck me funny.

From the FedEx web page:
I happen to live and work right in the path of Totality (never will I get to say that again) and a FEDEX driver passes in front of the shop a minute before Totality, in a hurry no less.  It was pretty cool to see in person again, I saw it in '79 when I was in the second grade in Central WA.  Nothing I've seen, pictures or video, really compares with what I saw and my memory wasn't quite as cool as what I saw. 
He who dares wins.  SAS

Timothy

Solar Eclipse
« Reply #23 on: August 21, 2017, 03:04:14 PM »
Sitting at my office window facing due south it was above my viewpoint. 

We'll have 93% in 2024, a bit more interesting and I won't be working anymore, or dead...

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1089
« Reply #24 on: August 21, 2017, 03:54:05 PM »
I didn't look at it until 1:30 when it was about 2/3 coverage. Before it was done I saw it through my brother's telescope and could see sunspots.
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

Sponsor

« Reply #25 on: Today at 07:31:38 AM »

PegLeg45

• NRA Life, SAF, Constitutionalist
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1030
« Reply #25 on: August 21, 2017, 07:45:01 PM »
The northeast corner of GA was in the path of total coverage. In my area we got about 3/4 coverage, which gave the appearance of late fall afternoonish light.

I watched off and on through a welding hood with a #14 lens....made for perfect viewing.

A lot of people were disappointed.......but it was because they really didn't understand the thing. Some folks on facebook from my area actually thought it was going to get dark like it was midnight.
"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1089
« Reply #26 on: August 21, 2017, 08:26:38 PM »
I heard that it has to be around 95% before you really notice it getting darker. I looked through a welding mask too then went over my mom's house and showed her. It was somewhere around 1/2 coverage by then. She's suffering from dementia and can't remember much of anything. She didn't know even what an eclipse was and said she never heard of one. I think that's her last eclipse.
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

Rastus

• Mindlessness Fuels Tyranny
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 573
« Reply #27 on: August 21, 2017, 11:36:29 PM »
Sorry to hear that Frank.  My mom is 87 or 88....she's beginning to lose short term memory and it's a hard thing to come to grips with.
Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.
It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
-William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)
                                                                                                                               Avoid subjugation, join the NRA!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk