Author Topic: 2 New CZ-75 SP-01's  (Read 7258 times)

billt

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 454
Re: 2 New CZ-75 SP-01's
« Reply #10 on: May 20, 2018, 10:28:44 AM »
Bill, whaddya' think?

One of these in CZ 75 base model Omega grey:  https://www.gunbroker.com/item/771924731

or SP-01:  https://www.gunbroker.com/item/770512883

I know how you hate the black grips.  I dunno what else you can do for that Omega grey though.  However, the 2nd one...might look good in wood.

It's hard to beat the value in that grey Omega. That's a hell of a pistol for that price. The gold Shadow II is the better gun. The grey Omega is the far better buy. Personally I would go with the Omega. That leaves a lot of coin left over for ammo, or even a can to put on the end of that threaded barrel.

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1036
« Reply #11 on: May 20, 2018, 12:58:34 PM »
That Black Gold looks good as is, but the price doesn't. I don't have any need for tall suppressor sights and think they make the other pistol a bit ugly. One like it but with regular sights would suit me better. Beauty has it's price but for the Black Gold it's too steep for me.
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

Rastus

• Mindlessness Fuels Tyranny
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 563
« Reply #12 on: May 20, 2018, 07:49:36 PM »
I have a need for tall sights....  ;)
Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.
It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
-William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)
                                                                                                                               Avoid subjugation, join the NRA!

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1036
« Reply #13 on: May 20, 2018, 10:40:32 PM »
I have a need for tall sights....  ;)

>:(  Go ahead. Rub it in. I just spray and pray.  ;)

P.S. In my mind, if you're using sub-sonic ammo, a 200 grain .45 caliber bullet must be better than a 147 grain 9mm bullet of the same design at the same speed. Grizzly Ammo makes JHPs in those weights at 1050 fps in 9x19mm and .45 ACP. From what I've read, a suppressor shouldn't have much effect, plus or minus, on the velocity, and probably not enough to make it supersonic. An extra 130 ft-lbs of muzzle energy must be a good thing.
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

Rastus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #14 on: July 04, 2018, 12:09:29 PM »
Well I haven't bought either one of those yet.  I got sideswiped by a 300 Win Mag....oh well.

Bill...still loving those SP-01's?  I really like the wood grips..

Sponsor

« Reply #15 on: Today at 07:41:26 AM »

billt

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 454
« Reply #15 on: July 04, 2018, 05:35:55 PM »
They really are nice, solid handguns. I just saw where Davidson's got some matte Stainless CZ-75's in. They haven't had any for several months. They will go fast.

Rastus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #16 on: July 22, 2018, 07:08:26 AM »
That matte stainless is pretty nice.  Shows out of stock in my area.

However...Gunbroker has listings...starting around $660.

However, a fence project is sideswiping any current gun purchases I want right now....

tombogan03884

« Reply #17 on: May 04, 2020, 03:38:13 PM »
My current EDC is a Witness, P 01 I love everything about it except the da$#ed rail. It only fits in 1 holster.

PegLeg45

• NRA Life, SAF, Constitutionalist
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1014
« Reply #18 on: May 04, 2020, 07:48:57 PM »
My current EDC is a Witness, P 01 I love everything about it except the da$#ed rail. It only fits in 1 holster.

Holster selection is why I made up my mind to not buy a rail gun unless the price was way to good to pass up.
"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

tombogan03884

« Reply #19 on: May 04, 2020, 08:43:47 PM »
Should just be a matter of better search.
But if not, I've got a local guy    ;D

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk