Author Topic: UPS vs. USPS  (Read 33256 times)

Rastus

• Mindlessness Fuels Tyranny
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 573
Re: UPS vs. USPS
« Reply #140 on: November 24, 2021, 07:49:58 AM »
I just had an Amazon order delivered by FedEx.  But wait...while in transit it was damaged and I was refunded.  After several days FedEx said it was delivered...but it was not delivered here...it was to a sorting facility they had. 

What the heck?

By the way wabbit...ever since I stopped using debit/credit cards at restaurants I have not lost a card.  I used to have them replaced at least twice a year due to fraud...now it's been more than a couple of years and no problems.  I'm just sayin'....
Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.
It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
-William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)
                                                                                                                               Avoid subjugation, join the NRA!

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 453
« Reply #141 on: November 24, 2021, 08:22:45 AM »
I quit using credit cards in restaurants over 20 years ago.  Besides keeping nosey people from tracking my eating and drinking habits, the real bonus was the security. 
Will work for ammo
USAF MAC 437th MAW 1968-1972

tombogan03884

« Reply #142 on: November 24, 2021, 08:40:04 AM »
I had a fraudulent credit card charge show up from Portugal.  Since I have never been to Portugal, I knew it wasn't me.

Wells Fargo cancelled the card and expedited a new card to me via FedEx.

FedEx said I don't have an address where I actually live, so they declined to deliver the card.

Wells Fargo cancelled that new card and sent another via USPS. It should arrive within 7 to 10 days.

That was last week.

Today, FedEx knocked on my door with the cancelled card--5 days after the overnight delivery should have happened.  At least they may have actually discovered that my address is real.

Card is, of course, no good since Wells Fargo cancelled it when I reported it hadn't arrived.

FedEx can kiss my keister as I will never use them again.   USPS may be none too good, but at least they can find my address.

Crusader Rabbit

Should switch to Citizens Bank.
Had some fraudulent charges show up on my debit card, went to Citizens, and they issued me a new card on the spot.
Also reimbursed me.

billt

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 454
« Reply #144 on: November 30, 2021, 03:15:11 AM »
I got the best one of all. My wife ordered a wide mouthed funnel for cooking, when I ordered my jump starter. (Which is currently in Phoenix, and is supposed to come today). Both have Fed Ex tracking numbers, and were on the same order. The funnel was delivered yesterday, in the mailbox by USPS!

The tracking number for it say's, "Shipment Delayed" on the Fed Ex tracking website. When I put the same tracking number into the USPS tracking website, it say's no such tracking number exists. How can they have something in their system, and that shows it moving through that same system, when they never had the item in their possession?

Sponsor

« Reply #145 on: Today at 05:10:33 PM »

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 873
« Reply #145 on: November 30, 2021, 04:28:08 AM »
I got the best one of all. My wife ordered a wide mouthed funnel for cooking, when I ordered my jump starter. (Which is currently in Phoenix, and is supposed to come today). Both have Fed Ex tracking numbers, and were on the same order. The funnel was delivered yesterday, in the mailbox by USPS!

The tracking number for it say's, "Shipment Delayed" on the Fed Ex tracking website. When I put the same tracking number into the USPS tracking website, it say's no such tracking number exists. How can they have something in their system, and that shows it moving through that same system, when they never had the item in their possession?

UPS and FedEx both use USPS for last mile delivery in many situations.  Once they hand off to USPS they no longer have control over or information concerning the delivery, so they will give a message similar to what you received.  USPS uses a different number for their packages, so the FedEx or UPS numbers mean nothing in their tracking systems.
If I appear taller than other men it is because I am standing on the shoulders of others.

Rastus

• Mindlessness Fuels Tyranny
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 573
« Reply #146 on: November 30, 2021, 07:19:58 AM »
I hate it when they hand off to the Post Office.  Especially if there is a natural disaster...like a hurricane.  I ordered a bunch of supplies for my Mom before Hurricane Ida hit....all of them got lost in the Post Office.  UPS noted them and I was credited before the delivery date but I had to reorder and get them 7-9 days after the hurricane.  Anything going through the Post Office during a natural disaster down south is a lost cause.  I suspect most of the items ended up in postal service worker's family's homes in New Orleans area...it's not like they haven't prosecuted postal workers in New Orleans before.
Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.
It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
-William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)
                                                                                                                               Avoid subjugation, join the NRA!

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 453
« Reply #148 on: November 30, 2021, 09:35:09 AM »
Alabama.  See Alabama.  They do things different there.   
Will work for ammo
USAF MAC 437th MAW 1968-1972

tombogan03884

« Reply #149 on: November 30, 2021, 11:48:32 AM »
Alabama.  See Alabama.  They do things different there.

That's why I was surprised you admitted going to a place where the flag pole and family tree are interchangeable .        ;D

Not so much that they do things different.
It's more because they do them with their cousin.   ;D

I'll be back if I think of any more .    ;D

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk