Author Topic: Ranch truck tire lol  (Read 3746 times)

Timothy

Re: Ranch truck tire lol
« Reply #10 on: January 26, 2018, 05:02:19 PM »
Youngster.   I'm just glad I'm pullin' up weed and not pushin' them up.

You the one that told AARP to start buggin me at 48?

LOL

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 92
« Reply #11 on: February 01, 2018, 09:29:04 AM »
Got a nail yesterday, put my full sized spare on, drove to the shop this morning. I got there at 10 minutes till 7. The tire shop does not open till 8. I had some phone calls to make so I just hung out in the parking lot.  About 5 minutes after 7 the owner and the kids show up. They both come over and ask me what's up, shake my hand like a man should, and thanked me for my patronage.  Even though it was still almost an hour till they opened up they grabbed the tire and immediately started to work on it.  They did the full plug and patch, and even dump the tire in a water tank to check for leaks. When was the last time you actually saw someone do that?

They refused to take payment from me.  I think I've just found my new tire source.
I always break all the clay pigeons,  some times its even with lead.

Timothy

« Reply #12 on: February 01, 2018, 01:30:41 PM »
When was the last time you actually saw someone do that?

About six months ago!

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1073
« Reply #13 on: February 01, 2018, 02:18:08 PM »
At a lot of places you can't see them do anything, because you aren't allowed into the garage area of the business. I don't know if they dunk the tires or not. They may spray the repaired area, if they do anything at all.
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

Solus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 43
« Reply #14 on: February 01, 2018, 03:19:13 PM »

They refused to take payment from me.  I think I've just found my new tire source.

The motive of any business,  no doubt, is to earn money from their customers.  Some take the path of squeezing every nickle possible from them, others feel that providing good customer service will earn them income over the long haul..
Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!"
—Patrick Henry

"Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority. It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters."
— Daniel Webster

Sponsor

« Reply #15 on: Today at 05:50:58 AM »

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 92
« Reply #15 on: February 01, 2018, 03:25:02 PM »
The motive of any business,  no doubt, is to earn money from their customers.  Some take the path of squeezing every nickle possible from them, others feel that providing good customer service will earn them income over the long haul..
yep, I always tell people in the service industry,  sell yourself, they can get your services anywhere.
I always break all the clay pigeons,  some times its even with lead.

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1073
« Reply #16 on: February 01, 2018, 03:38:51 PM »
I bought one use car in my life from a Chevy dealer. When I figured out there was a problem with it I took it to a different Chevy dealer who told me it had been in a crash, even though the salesperson said there was nothing wrong with it. I traded it in for a new one and never went back to the other dealer again. I previously bought 2 trucks from the honest dealer and will buy my next one there too. They must be doing something right to be in business for over 90 years.
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 865
« Reply #17 on: February 07, 2018, 08:09:14 PM »
http://l.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.myradioworks.net%2Fblog%2Fmetal-shavings-cripple-traffic-on-mn-60&h=ATNCOzvIKep9EAEV8MZlPZ5FdckDCD-HAsjvr9ECXfypuyi-K2iYyBcSXAwYP2nIk-wMe7eZeUDYlLUv5eOpij1EVUGeI93_Dn54Dqcoem5Iwn0UdsRZoIiKWRgmAFWhBltNVOcNcks-IitNrE0wTRsNEVcKLafdSE54WsApmlIYVrMCwUC6VXWweXHXiXgOMX2RRinf9iIXXAnVy9-6W0i7h1FqdOyfOFmm8LnN_tqXuF0IgiOox4qIa9o7-HSzuDG9--xadHoHjNWa_oUz0Q
http://l.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.myradioworks.net%2Fblog%2Fmetal-shavings-cripple-traffic-on-mn-60&h=ATNCOzvIKep9EAEV8MZlPZ5FdckDCD-HAsjvr9ECXfypuyi-K2iYyBcSXAwYP2nIk-wMe7eZeUDYlLUv5eOpij1EVUGeI93_Dn54Dqcoem5Iwn0UdsRZoIiKWRgmAFWhBltNVOcNcks-IitNrE0wTRsNEVcKLafdSE54WsApmlIYVrMCwUC6VXWweXHXiXgOMX2RRinf9iIXXAnVy9-6W0i7h1FqdOyfOFmm8LnN_tqXuF0IgiOox4qIa9o7-HSzuDG9--xadHoHjNWa_oUz0Q
If I appear taller than other men it is because I am standing on the shoulders of others.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk