Author Topic: What's the last thing you ate or are currently eating?  (Read 183943 times)

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1073
Re: What's the last thing you ate or are currently eating?
« Reply #270 on: August 25, 2018, 09:23:50 PM »
I just finished a 5 ounce package of SeaPak On-the-Go Shrimp & Cocktail Sauce. It had 3 ounces of shrimp and 2 ounces of sauce. 10 grams of protein and 105 calories for the whole thing. Maybe 85 calories because I poured some of the sauce down the drain. I bought it frozen yesterday and thawed it in the fridge overnight.

A while before that I ate 4 clementines. They were so good I wanted more but that was enough. I'll save some for tomorrow. They were supposed to be Chilean mandarins, but when I bought them on the last day of the sale they were clementines from Peru. That suits me just fine because they taste even better. Besides getting them on sale (1/2 off?) I also had a 50 cents off e coupon for a 3 pound bag. And I got $2.00 off a $2.99 bag of snacks I may try later tonight. It's nice being able to get 37% off my whole bill.
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

PegLeg45

• NRA Life, SAF, Constitutionalist
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1030
« Reply #271 on: August 26, 2018, 06:13:46 PM »
A slice of ten-layer cake with chocolate icing.
"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #272 on: August 26, 2018, 06:37:26 PM »
I wish I could trade with you PegLeg. I just finished some potato salad that I added bacon bits and shredded cheese to. I don't buy potato salad often, but when it's $2.99 for 3 pounds I do. There's a second carton in the fridge that I'll try to eat this week, but if I don't finish it, it's going in the cooler this weekend. I was busy all afternoon and evening so lunch was 7:00-7:30 p.m. All I had before that was some Eggo waffles that I'm thinking about finishing when I get hungry again.
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #273 on: August 27, 2018, 03:19:26 PM »
I bought some frozen garlic bread a couple of days ago, and already had sandwich size pepperoni slices and shredded cheese in the fridge. I had the bright idea to combine them. I had 8 slices of garlic bread baked the recommended time. Flipped over. Topped with 1 ounce (6 slices) of pepperoni each. And about 3/4 ounce of a Mexican style blend of 4 cheeses each. Then baked another 5 minutes.

I had to wait 1/2 hour after I took a pill to eat. When it was time, I microwaved 2 slices on a paper plate. Then dumped them on the floor. ****! I won't repeat the exclamation I used. Let's just say that it wasn't, "Oh, goody." So the bread goes in the compost bin, and the rest goes in the trash, which will likely get torn up before it gets picked up tomorrow. Time for round 2. I nuked 2 more slices, got a solid 2-handed grip on the plate, then ate them for breakfast. I should only have used half as much pepperoni. It was all I could taste. That's all I had so far today. Everything was on sale when I bought it so I'm a little less upset at wasting 1/4 of it. Maybe I only paid for the other 3/4 of it. ???

PegLeg45

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #274 on: August 28, 2018, 11:47:07 AM »
Jalapeno and cheese sausage dog.
"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

Sponsor

« Reply #275 on: Today at 07:48:15 AM »

Timothy

« Reply #275 on: August 28, 2018, 01:08:38 PM »
My own beef stew, scratch made...all the right stuff...

PegLeg45

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #276 on: August 29, 2018, 11:15:22 AM »
Sub-standard Little Caesar's five meat pizza......usually really good for cheap pizza, but they took it out of the oven before the crust was as done as normal. But, with my stomach growlin' I guess it did what I needed it to do.

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #277 on: September 06, 2018, 10:01:51 PM »
I eat cereal almost every night and used up the last of my milk last night, so I have a bowl of instant oatmeal in front of me now. I'll go buy milk before I run out of oatmeal.

In case you're wondering, cereal doesn't give me heartburn nearly as bad as the hot and spicy, and sometimes greasy, things I like to eat earlier in the day. Once in a great while I'll get heartburn at night anyway, but it's usually when I just plain ate too much, too close to bedtime.

Rastus

• Mindlessness Fuels Tyranny
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 567
« Reply #278 on: September 07, 2018, 06:33:49 AM »
Malfunctioning gall bladder?
Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.
It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
-William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)
                                                                                                                               Avoid subjugation, join the NRA!

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #279 on: September 07, 2018, 07:43:37 PM »
Malfunctioning gall bladder?

Hiatal hernia. I've had it for at least a couple of decades. When I asked my doctor what a hiatal hernia was, he said there's a hole in my diaphragm and my stomach is trying to push up into my chest. :o There's only supposed to be a small hole for your esophagus to go through but mine's too big or my diaphragm is too weak. I used to have heartburn and acid reflux a lot. My doctor told me not to eat anything greasy or spicy. Yeah, right. ::) I can eat anything I want to, as long as I don't eat too much and I don't lay down for awhile. Tomato sauce is my kryptonite. It gives me heartburn if I have too much, but if I eat 2 or 3 raw tomatoes at a time it doesn't even bother me. I don't know why.

I just looked online and one of the possible causes of a hiatal hernia is lifting heavy objects. When I was a teenager or pre-teen I was stronger than I am now. I grabbed hold of the front bumper of a Honda Civic and lifted it up. I wasn't sure if it came off the ground or not, but one of friends said the front wheels came right off the ground. Another time I put my butt against the left rear fender of a Datsun 240Z, grabbed the edge of the wheel opening with both hands, lifted and pushed, and slid the back of the car over. It moved about a foot and a half IIRC. That hurt my hands so bad I never tried it again. I wouldn't even try it with gloves on. If something else stupid I was doing when I was in elementary school didn't strain my diaphragm, I think that would have done it.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk