Author Topic: What's the last thing you ate or are currently eating?  (Read 183847 times)

Solus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 43
Re: What's the last thing you ate or are currently eating?
« Reply #380 on: November 06, 2018, 09:17:11 AM »
Prime Rib Omelet at Bob Evans
Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!"
—Patrick Henry

"Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority. It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters."
— Daniel Webster

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1073
« Reply #381 on: November 10, 2018, 12:03:25 AM »
I had a box of breaded mushrooms in the freezer that I baked and ate for breakfast/brunch. I like to dip them in cocktail sauce but I didn't have any. I have ketchup and looked until I found something to mix into it. I don't have any horseradish but I do have a bottle of gochujang chili hot sauce. I put some ketchup in a bowl and added several shakes of hot sauce, stirred it up, added more ketchup and stirred it again. They were the same color and I couldn't tell how much hot sauce was in it, so I taste tested it. It was kind of sweet and hot. Then the after-burn kicked in, which seemed to last about 5 minutes. It was the right mixture and the right amount of sauce for all the mushrooms.
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #382 on: November 10, 2018, 07:33:50 PM »
So far today I've had a free lunch combo from Honeybaked Ham. The coupon they emailed me was only good for veterans on Veteran's Day, but the store here is closed tomorrow so they honored it today. TANSTAAFL doesn't apply one day each year.

I had a Tavern Club sandwich with a pickle on the side, jalapeno flavor potato chips, and an iced tea. The sandwich had ham, smoked turkey breast, bacon, cheddar cheese, lettuce, tomato, savory mayo and honey mustard on multigrain bread. It was good as it always is. I need to eat again soon but have to decide what I want.
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

PegLeg45

• NRA Life, SAF, Constitutionalist
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1030
« Reply #383 on: November 11, 2018, 12:29:51 PM »
Frosted flakes plus a cup of coffee.
Simple, but effective.
"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

Solus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 43
« Reply #384 on: November 11, 2018, 12:36:36 PM »
Sirloin Steak, Cesar Salad and a cup of chili.  One of the free meal selections, plus 2 sides, offered to Vets by Texas Roadhouse.  I had to pay for the 3 or 4 Sam Adams beers.

They had two active duty soldiers in dress uniform acting as "honor guards" at the door, gave each Vet a gift card (amount unknown) and a choir came in to sing The Star Spangled Banner.

I was impressed, a bit choked up and teary eyed.
Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!"
—Patrick Henry

"Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority. It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters."
— Daniel Webster

Sponsor

« Reply #385 on: Today at 07:33:15 PM »

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #385 on: November 11, 2018, 08:57:35 PM »
Sugar free Jelly Bellys. A serving is 35 jellybeans but they suggest you eat 8 or less because they can cause stomach discomfort and a laxative effect. And if that's not bad enough, they don't taste as good as regular Jelly Bellys.

I didn't want to wait in a long line at Texas Roadhouse so I went to the burger joint and got a free burger for breakfast and washed it down with a banana daiquiri. It had at least some real banana in it because I could see the seeds. It was okay but I don't think I'll ever have another one. Maybe strawberry banana but not just banana. I chose a Southwest Burger with 2 patties, Pepper Jack Cheese, Chipotle Mayo, Black Bean and Corn Salsa, Avocado, Lettuce and Tomato.

PegLeg45

• NRA Life, SAF, Constitutionalist
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1030
« Reply #386 on: November 12, 2018, 04:57:50 PM »
Sugar free Jelly Bellys. A serving is 35 jellybeans but they suggest you eat 8 or less because they can cause stomach discomfort and a laxative effect. And if that's not bad enough, they don't taste as good as regular Jelly Bellys.

I've read that some of the stuff in sugar free candy can do that.

I don't know how much is exaggerated fact and how much is pure fiction, but the Amazon reviews of the Haribo Sugar Free Gummy Bears are hilarious.

Today's lunch was country-fried steak and gravy with mashed taters and green beans. A DQ Blizzard followed a few hours later so I'll probably forego supper and have just a small snack.
"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #387 on: November 12, 2018, 05:56:48 PM »
You're eating better than I am. I'm having garlic bread with cheese melted on it. I'll have to see what I have that would be good with it.

A lot of sugar-free candy has maltitol in it, sometimes as the main ingredient like those gummy bears. It's an osmotic-type laxative similar to what people use before colonoscopies, so if you ever eat sugar-free candy, don't eat much of it.

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #388 on: November 14, 2018, 12:17:54 AM »
I had a 10 ounce tube of chorizo I got for free and almost a dozen eggs in the fridge that I decided I better do something with. So I fried up some hash browns, then fried the chorizo stirring it almost constantly to break it up. When that was done I put half of the hash browns on a plate topped with half of the chorizo, 3 fried eggs, and 3 slices of American cheese. I popped it in the microwave for a minute and I'm eating it right now. It's not a bad way to use up some stuff. I thought about putting refried beans on the plate before the hash browns but thought I had enough flavors mixed together already. I may do that with the leftovers tomorrow so I have something different. Hey, you don't have to eat it.

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #389 on: November 14, 2018, 11:18:14 PM »
I had Pork Schnitzel St. Julian at Zehnder's of Frankenmuth. I just checked their online menu and didn't see it on there. It was cooked with mushrooms and onions and locally made St. Julian Cream Sherry. It was salty but otherwise very good. Instead of potatoes I had spätzle with it as I've done in the past. I was kind of surprised my platter had 2 hunks of meat big enough for the ends to overlap, but I was hungry and ate it all. I thought about getting the braised 1 pound pork shank, but didn't know if it would be tough or mostly bones. Maybe next time.

Zehnder's celebrated their 100th anniversary the year before the Pistons played their first game in Detroit. It was also the year before the 4.995 mile long "bridge that couldn't be built" was finished, linking Michigan's upper and lower peninsulas. BTW it's still the longest suspension bridge with two towers between anchorages in the Western Hemisphere. That was before I was conceived and I've been here awhile, so 100 years before that was quite a long time ago.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk