Author Topic: What's the last thing you ate or are currently eating?  (Read 183931 times)

Timothy

What's the last thing you ate or are currently eating?
« Reply #550 on: February 28, 2019, 02:20:55 PM »
I hear ya...it's tough when things are squirrel around ya like crazy.

I'm the only one that cooks in my house, at least meals that are palatable.  My wife cooks but her diet is very restricted.  Tough cooking for just myself so I'm usually just doing something on the weekend.

It's why I know of the location of every Diner in a thirty mile radius!  I can always grab something reasonably healthy for 6-10 bucks, be it breakfast of the hot turkey dinner with all the fixings I had for lunch today.

I'll have a snack later but nothing more than a banana or orange chased with a couple fingers of bourbon!  Sometimes, just a couple fingers of bourbon, chased by four fingers of bourbon...

Did I say I liked bourbon?

:)

PegLeg45

• NRA Life, SAF, Constitutionalist
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1030
Re: What's the last thing you ate or are currently eating?
« Reply #551 on: February 28, 2019, 03:35:33 PM »
Did I say I liked bourbon?

:)

You may have alluded to it a time or twelve in years past.  8)
"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1073
« Reply #552 on: March 01, 2019, 12:28:32 AM »
I generally use ground venison with 10% beef fat (added when we grind) or lean beef and make from scratch. But with all we have going on with my sis-in-law and my mother-in-law (having open heart surgery) and two 3 yr olds in the house, the store crap was quicker....but we ended up throwing the bulk of it to the dog.

At first I was thinking, "poor dog", because that stuff isn't even fit for a dog. Then I thought about the things dogs like to eat, lick, and smell. It's exceedingly rare to have one look at what you offer it, look at you, and walk away.

I'm eating cereal at the moment. I wanted something else but already had heartburn, so cereal it is. I've been getting it cheap and stocking up. $1.99 for bags of Malt-O-Meal cold cereal isn't bad at all. That's 43% off, and the regular price is already cheaper than the big name cereal in boxes.
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

PegLeg45

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #553 on: March 01, 2019, 12:48:44 PM »
I'm eating cereal at the moment. I wanted something else but already had heartburn, so cereal it is. I've been getting it cheap and stocking up. $1.99 for bags of Malt-O-Meal cold cereal isn't bad at all. That's 43% off, and the regular price is already cheaper than the big name cereal in boxes.

That's the brand we buy at wally-mart.
It tastes as good as the big brand, and looking at the website for their product I see why: they are a product of Post cereals.
So I guess Post Fruity Pebbles and the Malt-O-Meal version are probably made in the same facility and packaged accordingly (many brands are). I knew a guy who worked for Keebler and he said you would be surprised at how many different brands were actually made by Keebler.
"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #554 on: March 01, 2019, 05:29:08 PM »
I didn't have any idea who made M-O-M cereal, but I'm not surprised. My digital coupon was good for 5 bags so I got 5 different kinds including Fruity Pebbles and Cocoa Pebbles. Most of the cereal I buy is kid stuff. Healthy cereal tastes worse than the cardboard box it comes in.
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

Sponsor

« Reply #555 on: Today at 05:14:03 AM »

PegLeg45

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #555 on: March 02, 2019, 05:57:19 PM »
I didn't have any idea who made M-O-M cereal, but I'm not surprised. My digital coupon was good for 5 bags so I got 5 different kinds including Fruity Pebbles and Cocoa Pebbles. Most of the cereal I buy is kid stuff. Healthy cereal tastes worse than the cardboard box it comes in.

Two of my favorites....and you are correct on the taste as well.

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #556 on: March 02, 2019, 09:10:26 PM »
If Count Chocula cereal was available year-round I would buy more every time I went to the store. I have a bag of multigrain imitation Cheerios from Mexico called Aritos. I just looked it up and it means earrings. I got it for free last summer but keep putting off eating it because I have an idea what it's going to taste like. I'll have to mix my Mexican earrings with something else like Pebbles in order to eat it.

I had a Jimmy Dean Meat Lovers Breakfast Bowl. It would have been better with salsa, but I only bought one bowl and didn't want to open a new jar of salsa just for that. I have an open bag of potato chips and an open bowl of dip so I'm going to eat some of that in a moment.

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #557 on: March 02, 2019, 09:35:17 PM »
Anyone who isn't using SavingStar when they buy groceries should check it out. They give you cash back on groceries. There's a list of things on there that you can check off and get rebates for. A lot of times I get rebates on things that I bought using a coupon, or on sale, or both. This dip is a good example.

Kroger had a digital coupon for $1.50 off any 2 Dean's Dairy Dips. I bought 2 French Onion Dips for $2.29 each, minus the $1.50 coupon, and I'm getting a $1.50 rebate on them. So it cost me $1.58 for 2 bowls of dip instead of $4.58. That's a fraction over 65% off. The rebates add up in my account and once it gets to $20 or more I have them direct deposit it into my checking or savings account. They used to let you get $5 cash back at a time but changed it to $20. So far they paid me $226.90, and I have another $13.35 in my account.

https://savingstar.com/

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #558 on: March 03, 2019, 03:55:13 PM »
Buffalo chicken mac & cheese. It's store bought frozen food and it tastes good, to me at least. That's why I bought more when I had a coupon for it. But I think I like Wicked Kitchen Hatch Chile Mac & Cheese, and Chorizo Mac & Cheese better.

https://www.wickedkitchen.com/mac-and-cheese-products

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #559 on: March 03, 2019, 11:10:14 PM »
2 corn dogs. My first this year. They're the all beef kind. 12 of them cost as much as 16 made with mechanically separated meat and non-meat scraps squeezed through a sieve. I wouldn't be surprised if have the same amount of meat in them or close to it.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk