Author Topic: What's the last thing you ate or are currently eating?  (Read 180654 times)

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1036
Re: What's the last thing you ate or are currently eating?
« Reply #570 on: April 12, 2019, 09:21:59 PM »
Refried beans topped with salsa and a layer of melted cheese.
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

PegLeg45

• NRA Life, SAF, Constitutionalist
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1014
« Reply #571 on: April 17, 2019, 11:48:33 AM »
Chicken nugget sandwich and tater tots.
"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #572 on: April 17, 2019, 11:11:30 PM »
Salad ATM.
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #573 on: April 18, 2019, 08:59:42 PM »
Andouille. Salad. Sliced peaches.

PegLeg45

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #574 on: April 19, 2019, 12:23:31 PM »
Taco dip.

Ground beef, browned with taco seasoning then add Rotel and cream cheese. It's good in taco shells or as a dip with tortilla scoops or chips.
"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

Sponsor

« Reply #575 on: Today at 07:43:54 AM »

Solus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 43
Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!"
—Patrick Henry

"Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority. It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters."
— Daniel Webster

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 853
« Reply #576 on: April 20, 2019, 08:02:54 PM »
5oz boneless skinless chicken breast and 5oz of steamed green beans.

I'm on a cleanse, just for the fun of it.  Son-in-law was prescribed this, due to basic lifestyles we all enjoy in our diets showing up in his physical.  I don't suffer from any of the lab work issues, but an old, fat and out of shape.  He is one of four I know that have gone through this, and the results have been very good for all four.  So ...

The first 28 days have white days and green days.  Each day starts with breakfast of two hard boiled eggs.  The next three meals are made up of 5.2oz of chicken or turkey breast, or 7oz of fish or shrimp.  On White days you get just the meats; on Green days you get the meats and 5.2oz of green vegetable.

The 28 days go seven white days, then two green and one white.  The green & white 2 & 1 continues until the end of the days.

No fats, salt, sugar, or alcohol!

There is also a tea that you drink before every meal, and some vitamin and enzyme powders you drink as well.

After the 28 days are complete there is a 90 period of adjusting back and stabilizing your system.  It keeps the same basic cycle of green & white, but most people slowly change to adding some fruits, yogurt, and even pork and beef.

I'm finishing day nine tonight, and have to force myself to eat.  I'm not hungry, and feel no affects of an intake of 900 calories a day.  I use lots of garlic powder, onion powder, black pepper and red pepper, because the bland meats get boring fast.
If I appear taller than other men it is because I am standing on the shoulders of others.

Solus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 43
« Reply #577 on: April 21, 2019, 08:37:10 AM »
"After the 28 days are complete there is a 90 period of adjusting back and stabilizing your system"

I'm guessing that is a 90 DAY period?
Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!"
—Patrick Henry

"Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority. It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters."
— Daniel Webster

PegLeg45

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #578 on: April 21, 2019, 11:09:31 AM »
"After the 28 days are complete there is a 90 period of adjusting back and stabilizing your system"

I'm guessing that is a 90 DAY period?

Could be minutes.....if the buffet is fresh.

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #579 on: April 21, 2019, 09:04:14 PM »
No fats, salt, sugar, or alcohol is probably good for you, but unless there's a medical reason you need a high protein diet, then it's probably too much meat and not enough veggies (of different colors) and grains. A balanced diet is best for most people but it's no fun and I don't even try. I'm not saying what I had to eat last, but breakfast was egg rolls.

There have been a lot of diets where you can only eat one kind of food or a few different types of food and many of them work short-term if you want to lose weight. You could go an a grapefruit diet and eat nothing but grapefruit every day. I know I would lose weight as I lost interest in eating another !@#$%^&* grapefruit. Keto diets seem to be the "in" thing now but have several risk factors like raising your cholesterol, so you may lose weight but have a heart attack caused by clogged blood vessels.

I'm down 40 pounds from my all-time high weight. The last time I saw my doctor my BMI was in a different category than it was a couple of weeks earlier, but I'm still 100 pounds too heavy. When I quit working I quit burning a lot of calories but was still taking in a lot. Actually more calories because I have all day to sit around and eat. When I was working I had a 30 minute lunch break and it took 10 minutes at a fast walk to get to the cafeteria and back. So I was down to 20 minutes and had to wash my hands, use the bathroom, wash my hands again, stand in line in the cafeteria and finally eat. If I had to use the toilet I didn't have time to eat lunch at all that day.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk