Author Topic: What's the last thing you ate or are currently eating?  (Read 183717 times)

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 92
Re: What's the last thing you ate or are currently eating?
« Reply #810 on: May 26, 2020, 12:22:00 PM »
Damm pic is too big.... making chicken soup with dumblings.   All from scratch of corse.
I always break all the clay pigeons,  some times its even with lead.

tombogan03884

« Reply #811 on: May 26, 2020, 01:38:35 PM »
Local Grocery store has deli Chicken salad, I think they make it with heroin or crack because I've been addicted to it for years now.   ;D

PegLeg45

• NRA Life, SAF, Constitutionalist
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1030
« Reply #812 on: May 31, 2020, 03:33:39 PM »
Been at Ft. Clinch in NE Florida all week and just got in. Both sons and their families also went in their campers and the younger son took his vertical Pit Boss pellet smoker.

Over the course of the week, between a couple of seafood nights out at local joints, we had a variety of stuff including: smoked chicken, ribs, jalapeno poppers (aka sausage & cheese-stuffed, bacon-wrapped jalapenos also called armadillo turds or atomic coon turds...depending on where you're from), baked beans, my version of tater/bacon/cheese casserole, burgers, sausage, hot dogs, and the wife's famous chicken salad.
"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 92
« Reply #813 on: June 11, 2020, 10:34:30 AM »
Last night with some life long friends.

Grilled sukinky, onions, peppers, steak and  baked potatoes.
I always break all the clay pigeons,  some times its even with lead.

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1073
« Reply #814 on: June 12, 2020, 11:01:11 PM »
It's a good thing I read TAB. If I was new here I wouldn't know WTF sukinky is.

Tom, that chicken salad sounds good. I could eat some in a pita and have a bowl of it on the side with a little lettuce and tomato. I have to get my vegetables, don't you know. There's a place a few blocks away that flame grills marinated chicken. I might still have some buy one get one free coupons good for dinners, sandwiches, or salads. I may be paying them a little visit after I take care of some business this weekend. Yum.
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

Sponsor

« Reply #815 on: Today at 09:25:55 PM »

tombogan03884

« Reply #815 on: June 13, 2020, 07:14:11 AM »
I finally broke down and bought a steamer basket for my crock pot.
I've been living on steamed veggies mixed with Mexican rice, or Raman noodles..
It entertains and feeds  me for now.   ;D

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 865
« Reply #816 on: June 13, 2020, 09:30:16 AM »
Another round of my Saturday morning heart attack prep breakfast:

Medium potato julienned - browned until almost crisp in bacon grease
medium onion chopped in big pieces - throw on top and let soften, and then stir into potatoes
three eggs placed on top of the mess and poached for a few minutes

Slide all into a bowl and top with a little ketchup and a bunch of Tabasco

Three slices of perfect bacon on side, and nice coffee.
If I appear taller than other men it is because I am standing on the shoulders of others.

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 865
« Reply #817 on: June 13, 2020, 09:37:30 AM »
Tonight is going to be a challenge.  For just at 41 years this month, we have enjoyed pizza every (we have missed very few) Saturday night.  Since we go married 40 1/2 years ago, it has been homemade.

Last week my bride was diagnosed with Insulin Resistant Diabetes.  Pizza is a no no as of this past Tuesday. 

Over the past year we have had a couple of dishes that used cauliflower in place of potatoes and crusts - AIN'T GONNA HAPPEN!!!  I've been too busy at work to look for alternatives, so this may be a pizza free night  :'(
If I appear taller than other men it is because I am standing on the shoulders of others.

tombogan03884

« Reply #818 on: June 13, 2020, 09:52:57 AM »

Over the past year we have had a couple of dishes that used cauliflower in place of potatoes and crusts - AIN'T GONNA HAPPEN!!!

What's wrong with Cauliflower ?

Odd item, I bought a package of broccoli florets, was looking for cauliflower as well, all I found was ground up , not just cut into the usual clumps.

Majer

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 70
« Reply #819 on: June 13, 2020, 10:59:59 AM »

Odd item, I bought a package of broccoli florets, was looking for cauliflower as well, all I found was ground up , not just cut into the usual clumps.
Tom,
 If you look at the ground up cauliflower, you will see that it's mostly stem pieces with very few of the floret pieces in it, just a way to make money off the waste products.
"If violent crime is to be curbed, it is only the intended victim who can do it. The felon does not fear the police, and he fears neither judge nor jury. Therefore what he must be taught to fear is his victim." - Jeff Cooper
Pericles--"Freedom is only for those who have the guts to defend it".

The problem with society today is that not enough of us drink wine from our enemies skulls”.

It takes 43 muscles to frown, 17 to smile, and 3 for proper trigger squeeze.

Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars!!!
-Sheriff Jim Wilson
"When tyranny becomes law rebellion becomes duty" Thomas Jefferson
Es gibt keine Notwendigkeit zu befürchten, Underdog hier ist.
Great nations rise and fall. The people go from bondage to spiritual truth, to great courage, from courage to liberty, from liberty to abundance, from abundance to selfishness, from selfishness to complacency, from complacency to apathy, from apathy to dependence, from dependence back again to bondage. Where are we now??????

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk