Author Topic: What's the last thing you ate or are currently eating?  (Read 180878 times)

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 853
Re: What's the last thing you ate or are currently eating?
« Reply #830 on: June 20, 2020, 08:38:28 PM »
In the world of fresh food there are few options other than just in time.  Hormel has spam, and you can still find a few canned hams around, but meat is meat, and we only eat so much of it.  You can ramp up production to put a supply in cans, but once that is done you need to back down to regular levels with some going to replace fresh, some to replace frozen, and some to replace canned.

Our best protection against the issues of the supply chain are the Victory Garden.  Raise a garden, and if possible, raise a few animals.  Can produce and meat.  Dry produce and meat.  Learn how to cook again.
If I appear taller than other men it is because I am standing on the shoulders of others.

PegLeg45

• NRA Life, SAF, Constitutionalist
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1014
« Reply #831 on: June 22, 2020, 12:06:05 PM »
Ribeye steak Cooked to perfection by the younger son) and baked tater for Fathers Day supper.

Cathead biscuits and white gravy w/sausage for lunch today.
"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

tombogan03884

« Reply #832 on: June 22, 2020, 01:48:02 PM »
I've been on a kick of steamed stuff.
I put shredded carrots, Broccoli, onions and Green beans, with stir fry chicken bits, then I top it with crushed up Ramen.
The Spicy, Thai, and Korean BBQ are the best, then steam it for 3 - 4 hours and mix with some ham glaze, Salsa, or Ah So sauce.

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #833 on: June 22, 2020, 06:10:35 PM »
Chicken Tortilla soup

Wife has been going through her diabetes cookbooks, and there are several meals in there that look pretty good.
If I appear taller than other men it is because I am standing on the shoulders of others.

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #834 on: June 28, 2020, 12:12:50 PM »
BRISKET!!!

12 hour brisket (5 hrs over mesquite and hickory smoke), sweet corn, coleslaw, Texas  garlic toast, watermelon, and Corona.

Sponsor

« Reply #835 on: Today at 07:29:10 AM »

tombogan03884

« Reply #835 on: June 28, 2020, 12:53:30 PM »
Chicken stir fry.
I'm going to dump in fruit cocktail (rinsed) and chopped dill pickles with sweet and sour sauce.
If I don't post tomorrow don't try it.   ;D

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 92
« Reply #836 on: July 10, 2020, 10:23:25 PM »
Chilie cheese frys.  I know i am going to pay for it later, but so good
I always break all the clay pigeons,  some times its even with lead.

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 92
« Reply #837 on: July 12, 2020, 02:18:40 PM »
Elk burgers.

~85% elk, 10% beef fat and 5% pork fat.   The beef and prok fat make all the difference.  Salt and pepper  in the mix, on a hot cast iron skillet for 2.5 mins a side, slice of chedder and onion on a toasted bun.  It does not get much better than that.
I always break all the clay pigeons,  some times its even with lead.

PegLeg45

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #838 on: July 13, 2020, 12:44:49 PM »
BLM----- Bologna, lettuce and 'mater sammich.... (and the 'mater was from the garden).  ;D
"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

PegLeg45

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #839 on: September 02, 2020, 11:46:09 AM »
Salad for lunch...... and now a slice of my scratch cheesecake.  :D :D

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk