Author Topic: What's the last thing you ate or are currently eating?  (Read 180638 times)

tombogan03884

Re: What's the last thing you ate or are currently eating?
« Reply #900 on: December 13, 2020, 12:31:13 PM »
Try em.    ;D

PegLeg45

• NRA Life, SAF, Constitutionalist
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1014
« Reply #901 on: December 13, 2020, 04:31:31 PM »
I have a single Dairy Queen here!  So much betta than t’other chains!

We have a couple of DQs here, but they ain't what they used to be and it's not the food but more the personnel (like most everywhere else these days).

The best soft-serve cones and shakes in our area comes from a local family-owned place called The Shady Lane Drive Inn. They've been a community staple for forty-five years or so.

We also have a newer joint we like called Cookout that is a chain in the southeast that has been around for a while but really just started to expand out of their home state over the last 5-10 years. Cookout serves the best milkshakes in our area. Our local one opened last year just in time for their seasonal eggnog milkshakes that they serve in December only. I try to get as many of those in as I can (within reason, you know).  ;D

Kids and grands came out for supper last night and we had leftovers for lunch today: salisbury steak, mashed taters, green beans (canned from our garden), green peas (also home canned), and corn on the cob......mustn't forget the sweet tea.  ;D
"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1036
« Reply #902 on: December 14, 2020, 01:40:53 PM »
Has any one else tried the Fudge Brownie M&M's ?    ;D

I tried those a week or two ago but mine were defective. They all had a "w"s on them. Rite Aid had big bags of m&ms on sale, 2 for whatever, and 1 bag cost a lot more than half of that. So I got fudge brownie and caramel flavor. They were both good but I think I like peanut butter the best of the different flavors I've had. Reese's Pieces are way too sweet, put peanut butter m&ms have chocolate in them too and taste better. The difference is like buckeye candies with and without being dipped in chocolate. I had dark chocolate raspberry m&ms once but can't remember if I liked them or not. And I'm not sure if I ever had the mint flavor but probably did.

I just ate a whole can of Smokehouse almonds. Now I'm thinking about raiding the freezer or getting takeout.
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #903 on: December 14, 2020, 02:57:49 PM »
We have a couple of DQs here, but they ain't what they used to be and it's not the food but more the personnel (like most everywhere else these days).

The best soft-serve cones and shakes in our area comes from a local family-owned place called The Shady Lane Drive Inn. They've been a community staple for forty-five years or so.

We also have a newer joint we like called Cookout that is a chain in the southeast that has been around for a while but really just started to expand out of their home state over the last 5-10 years. Cookout serves the best milkshakes in our area. Our local one opened last year just in time for their seasonal eggnog milkshakes that they serve in December only. I try to get as many of those in as I can (within reason, you know).  ;D

Kids and grands came out for supper last night and we had leftovers for lunch today: salisbury steak, mashed taters, green beans (canned from our garden), green peas (also home canned), and corn on the cob......mustn't forget the sweet tea.  ;D

Now you've got me wanting an egg nog shake. Last week I had a half gallon of egg nog from the grocery store spiked with a generous amount of Bacardi Oakheart spiced rum. I could taste the nutmeg in the eggnog before I put the rum in it but not after. A different day, before I got the egg nog I had a mug full of grog, but instead of a 4:1 ratio I mixed it roughly 1:1. I poured about 5.5-6 ounces of cold rum in a coffee cup and added cold water to bring it up to about 11 ounces. It didn't make me groggy even when I washed down my muscle relaxer with it, but fixing myself something to eat after I started hitting the rum on an empty stomach was interesting. When I was adding a couple of ingredients I was like, screw it, throw it all in there. I'm not sure what to call it but it was good.

To the best of my recollection this is everything that was in a "breakfast bowl" I made about a week ago. Half a can of refried beans heated and stirred well, topped by all the breakfast sausage left in the roll, browned and crumbled. Then all I had left of a bar of cheese, plus some shredded cheese. I think it was pepper jack and shredded triple cheddar, then 6 scrambled eggs. I was only going to eat 3 but there were 6 in the carton so I emptied it. I microwaved it to melt the cheese while I was cooking the eggs, or maybe the eggs were between the pepper jack and cheddar layers? And I sprinkled sweet Baby Ray's hot sauce all over it. When I was getting stuff out of the fridge I saw an open tub of garden vegetable cream cheese spread. Well, why not? I dolloped that all over until it was empty, microwaved the bowl another 30 or 60 seconds, pulled it out and spread the cream cheese with a knife. It looked like a cake that was swelled up in the middle and frosted from edge to edge. Nothing else was showing and you really couldn't tell what it was. I should have taken a picture but I was more interested in eating it than looking at it. There may have been another layer in there that I'm forgetting but that's all I can remember at this time. So it was a bowl heaped full of eggs, sausage and cheese with some refried beans in the bottom. I may or may not have tossed in some diced onions too. If I had any leftover fried potatoes they would have gone in the bowl too.
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #904 on: December 20, 2020, 06:13:43 PM »
Biscotti and coffee right now. Before that I finished off the tacos I bought Friday. I surprised myself by not eating them all Friday and Saturday. I got them from the usual place, along with a beef tostada dinner - 2 beef tostadas, rice, beans, stew, and salad. The stew is mostly chunks of beef in kind of a barbacoa style with a little bit of potatoes and a tiny bit of juice. After the tostada dinner I was too stuffed to eat any tacos. I used to get 12 tacos for the price of 10. The prices went up and a single taco is $1 now, but a dozen are only $9. 12 tacos for the price of 9, what a bargain! When I was backing out of my parking spot the girl ran out with a paper bag for me. She said the guy didn't think he put any hot sauce in my bag, but he did so I have 8 little cups of their homemade hot sauce left over.

This place opened in 1966 and nearly 55 years later they STILL have the remnants of a gas station sign out front. It's like they're saying, "Eat here and get gas." I don't know if anyone missed their turn and hit the building but they must have had a reason to put up the barriers. I need to drive by at night and see if those outer wooden posts are lit up. I think they put them in last year.

Sponsor

« Reply #905 on: Today at 06:11:48 AM »

PegLeg45

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #905 on: December 21, 2020, 07:56:09 PM »
Leftovers since Saturday night...... we had our Christmas thing with the wife's side of the family at our place and had a variety of stuff.... chili, sausage dip, slow-cooker meatballs, jalapeno & cheese venison sausage, chicken salad on croissant rolls, spinach dip and multiple types of cakes and cookies.
The cheesecake was left in the fridge during the party and no one remembered to put it out (no, I did not do it on purpose).

We had to make a run to town for cake ingredients this evening so we grabbed some seasoned fries and chips from Zaxby's instead of doing more leftovers...... I'll be havin'  some of that cheesecake directly.  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

Rastus

• Mindlessness Fuels Tyranny
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 563
« Reply #906 on: December 22, 2020, 11:50:31 AM »
<snip>
The cheesecake was left in the fridge during the party and no one remembered to put it out (no, I did not do it on purpose).

<snip>...... I'll be havin'  some of that cheesecake directly.  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Right....
Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.
It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
-William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)
                                                                                                                               Avoid subjugation, join the NRA!

PegLeg45

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #907 on: December 22, 2020, 04:46:47 PM »

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #908 on: December 24, 2020, 04:33:48 PM »
Leftovers since Saturday night...... we had our Christmas thing with the wife's side of the family at our place and had a variety of stuff.... chili, sausage dip, slow-cooker meatballs, jalapeno & cheese venison sausage, chicken salad on croissant rolls, spinach dip and multiple types of cakes and cookies.

We had to make a run to town for cake ingredients this evening so we grabbed some seasoned fries and chips from Zaxby's instead of doing more leftovers...... I'll be havin'  some of that cheesecake directly.  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Yeah, right. Tell it to the judge. Uh huh. Likely story. That's what they all say. It was an honest mistake, it could happen to anyone. Etc.

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #909 on: December 24, 2020, 04:37:09 PM »
I forgot to mention I've been eating a 6 pound Stouffer's lasagna. My Christmas dinner will be whatever else I dig out of the freezer.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk