Author Topic: What's the last thing you ate or are currently eating?  (Read 180633 times)

crusader rabbit

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 26
Re: What's the last thing you ate or are currently eating?
« Reply #990 on: December 24, 2021, 12:39:54 PM »
I don't normally comment on my consumption of victuals.  But I just had a piece of leftover Bojangles Chicken from last night.  I ate it cold and I am happy to say it's nearly as good cold as it is fresh from the deep fryer.

For those of you who have never had Bojangles chicken (and unless you live in the south, that's almost all of you) it's vastly superior to any other fast food chicken chain's bird.  Probably worth a trip to North Carolina just to have some.

Crusader Rabbit
“I’ve lived the literal meaning of the ‘land of the free’ and ‘home of the brave.’ It’s not corny for me. I feel it in my heart. I feel it in my chest. Even at a ball game, when someone talks during the anthem or doesn’t take off his hat, it pisses me off. I’m not one to be quiet about it, either.”  Chris Kyle

PegLeg45

• NRA Life, SAF, Constitutionalist
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1014
« Reply #991 on: December 31, 2021, 12:59:48 PM »
I don't normally comment on my consumption of victuals.  But I just had a piece of leftover Bojangles Chicken from last night.  I ate it cold and I am happy to say it's nearly as good cold as it is fresh from the deep fryer.

For those of you who have never had Bojangles chicken (and unless you live in the south, that's almost all of you) it's vastly superior to any other fast food chicken chain's bird.  Probably worth a trip to North Carolina just to have some.

Crusader Rabbit

You ain't lyin' CR.....
Bojangles is our go-to for fast-food chicken. Far superior to KFC and Bojangles biscuits are good too (I can't stand KFC biscuits).
Their salads and the Jambalaya bowl are good. We have a good one in our location and (I hope I ain't jinxing it) the chicken is always hot.
There have been a few hiccups from time to time in the past where bad management had the employees so flustered that they handed out the wrong orders at the window, but that happens everywhere. Once they got that manager out they have been on their game.

The only other fast-food place in town that is as consistently good is Zaxby's.

"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 92
« Reply #992 on: January 14, 2022, 03:32:30 PM »
Wilted spinach  sallad...

2 strips of thick bacon
3 cloves of garlic
1 small red onion  Frenched( or half of a big one)
1# spinach
Parmesan cheese
Black pepper
Chili flake

Cook the bacon over medium  low until it becomes cripsy like a cracker.  Use a big pan/ stock pot/ wok
Remove the bacon and resist eating it. Thats why you cook 2, one for quality control samples and the other for the salad.
 Throw in half of the onion  and garlic.  Cook it until soft and use it to " scrub" the brown bits of the bottom of the pan add chili flakes for about 30 seconds.
Add in spinach.  Don't worry it will all fit.  Turn off the heat, toss the spinach until soft in the bacon fat/ onions/garlic.  Toss in the rest of the onion, and grate the parm and the pepper mix well.  Serve in a bowl warm with the last piece of bacon crumbled on top and a bitmore parm.

It has all the major food groups.

You have the salt group, the onion group, garlic group, cheese group, green group and most important of all the bacon food group.

Seriously unless you don't eat bacon, there is no way you won't eat this.  I just ate an entire batch  for lunch
I always break all the clay pigeons,  some times its even with lead.

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1036
« Reply #993 on: January 20, 2022, 03:46:19 AM »
I have discovered the joys of "Nutella".   ;D
Like peanut butter only hazelnuts.
with cocoa.
And sugar .
Basically chocolate Fluff only good for me.   ;D
I actually read the label, but I still think there's a lot more sugar than hazelnut. 
Good stuff !   ;D

Well it's about time mister! :) All that oil and sugar can't be good for you but... CHOCOLATE! I gotta have it. I think I was in in the army over in Germany when I first discovered Nutella. All I know for sure is that I've been a fan of it for a very long time. Hazelnuts are a really big thing in Europe. They put them in all kinds of candy bars and stuff too instead of using other nuts and peanuts. Toffifay ring any bells? There are a few things with other nuts like almonds but they're just nutty about hazelnuts. I love Nutella on toast. If you don't know how much of it to put on your toast the answer is always MORE. If it's not falling off, don't worry, you don't have too much. And when I run out of toast I just scoop it out of the jar and eat it right off the knife. I live alone so I can double dip as many times as I want to.

Speaking of chocolate, I'm eating chocolate chocolate chip rum cake made with real rum. Rum, yum yum yum. Last night after I ate my cake I finished off a bottle of ice cold Evan William's Peach Bourbon straight. It was in the freezer so it didn't need ice. It's sweet and only 70 proof and didn't burn like some whiskey that's only 5%-10% more alcohol. It's good mixed with strong ginger ale or ginger beer but I ran out last month. You know you have enough whiskey in your ginger ale when you no longer taste the ginger. After I eat more cake I think I'll get some Jim Beam out of the cupboard and have a tug on the jug before I go to bed.
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1036
« Reply #994 on: January 28, 2022, 09:12:29 AM »
Himalayan Momo Nepalese Brand Dumplings made in the USA with chicken. I dipped them in tomato based chili sauce. I ate a bunch yesterday with the same sauce plus tomato based sesame sauce with chili in it. The only real difference is that the sesame sauce was kind of orange and kind of hot, and the chili sauce was red and a lot hotter. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Momo_(food)

https://himalayan-momo.com/

One of the many ingredients in the dumplings is asafetida, also spelled asafoetida. Wikipedia says the English name is derived from asa, a latinised form of Persian azā, meaning 'mastic', and Latin foetidus meaning 'smelling, fetid', which refers to its strong sulfurous odour. It's the dried latex (gum oleoresin) exuded from the rhizome or tap root of several species of Ferula, perennial herbs the giant fennel genus of the carrot, celery, and parsley family, Umbelliferae (or Apiaceae). Umbellifers are aromatic plants with umbrella-shaped flowers and the family includes anise, caraway, celery, coriander, cumin, dill, fennel, parsley, carrots, parsnips and a bunch of other good things. There are also some things in the family you don't want to eat like giant hogweed and poison hemlock. Asafetida, the only thing I knowingly ate with the word "fetid" in the name of it, has a pungent smell of rotting onions or sulfur. The dumplings were frozen and still reeked strongly of onions. Stronger than onions themselves smell, but the smell dissipates with cooking. The flavor on its own is extremely unpleasant, like concentrated rotten garlic, and when cooked it adds an onion-like flavor. It's used in a lot of Indian cuisine.

This fetid-ass seasoning has some interesting nicknames. In English and many other Germanic languages it's called Devil's dung or a less polite equivalent. It has other similar nicknames in other languages, and what it all boils down to is, this stuff smells and tastes like Satan's A**hole. If you're still wondering why anyone would want to cook with this crap, it seems to be mainly religion these days. Many of the various and sundry religions of India eat it. Jains, Brahmins and Sikhs all eat it. Hare Krishnas aren't allowed to consume onions or garlic so they eat it. This stuff has a long history and even Alexander The Great carried around his "stinkfinger" to season his food. But these dumplings have onions as the second ingredient in the filling and have scallions in them too, so they could have done without the flavor straight out of Old Scratch's backside. Despite all that, they weren't bad if you like onions like I do, and I might get more sometime.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Asafoetida
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

Sponsor

« Reply #995 on: Today at 05:44:59 AM »

tombogan03884

« Reply #995 on: January 29, 2022, 04:43:33 PM »
They used to wear that sh!t, (asafoteda ) in sachet's when they were sick.
Like Vicks.

I don't think your supposed actually EAT it.   ;D

PegLeg45

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #996 on: January 29, 2022, 08:45:25 PM »
They used to wear that sh!t, (asafoteda ) in sachet's when they were sick.
Like Vicks.

I don't think your supposed actually EAT it.   ;D

It was one of the ingredients to the potion James Caan and John Wayne gave Robert Mitchum to cure his drunkeness in Eldorado.  ;D ;D
"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

PegLeg45

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #997 on: January 29, 2022, 08:47:08 PM »
Made some butter-swim biscuits to go with lima beans and rice for supper.
I have a jalapeno and cheese version to try next.

tombogan03884

« Reply #998 on: January 30, 2022, 08:37:51 AM »
Lima beans go with the Asofeteda.
I'm not sure you're supposed to eat them.
I thought they were just a garnish for the alleged "Ham" in C-rations.   ;D

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 92
« Reply #999 on: March 06, 2022, 11:24:29 AM »
Fried ham steak, red eye gravey, roasted potatoes  and wilted spinach.

So good
I always break all the clay pigeons,  some times its even with lead.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk