Author Topic: What's the last thing you ate or are currently eating?  (Read 183870 times)

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1073
Re: What's the last thing you ate or are currently eating?
« Reply #1110 on: May 22, 2023, 09:44:34 PM »
Italian beef and gravy on a brat roll with hot giardiniera. It tastes good when I put the giardiniera on what I actually bought it for. But the beef tastes great without it too, so I have plain, au jus sandwiches too. I wasn't hungry enough to each a second sandwich for breakfast, and I don't make halves, so I dipped a roll in the "gravy" which is actually a broth. I have one without hot giardiniera on my plate right now, but may put some on the last half. I have bowl of beef and au jus here too. It's the same brand of Italian Beef shown on the Wikipedia page for it, Buona, Chicago's Original Italian Beef. If that doesn't look good to you, we can't be friends.  :D

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Italian_beef
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #1111 on: May 23, 2023, 02:19:08 AM »
I need to eat something, so I'm eating more popcorn, and drinking Topo Chico Ranch Water. So far, I like it better than their Chilton cocktail. They make a Paloma cocktail too. I didn't see that in the cooler or I would have bought it, and maybe not both of these. If I ever see pre-made Swampwater at the store I'll try it too, and maybe have a Swampwater vs. Ranch Water taste test. I don't want to buy a bottle of Chartreuse and after one taste find out I can't stand it, so I won't be making my own Swampwater with this old recipe. I went to Rite Aid to buy bottled water that day, but none was on sale. So I bought 5 different kinds of pre-mixed cocktails in 4-packs. A man's got to drink something besides contaminated tap water. 

https://www.topochicohardseltzerusa.com/spirited/tequila-lime

https://www.topochicohardseltzerusa.com/spirited/vodka-n-lemon

https://www.davidlebovitz.com/swamp-water-chartreuse-pineapple-juice-recipe/
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

PegLeg45

• NRA Life, SAF, Constitutionalist
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1030
« Reply #1112 on: May 24, 2023, 03:45:35 PM »
Poppy seed chicken casserole with baby Lima beans, mac-n-cheese, salad, and yeast rolls.....and cake.
 ;D ;D
"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #1113 on: June 04, 2023, 04:49:13 AM »
Hot Pockets. I haven't had them in years, but when I saw 12 packs of Philly Steak and Cheese, and Meatball and Mozzarella for $1 off, I bought one of each. I've been eating a lot of Hot Pockets since then, and probably won't buy any more for several more years unless they're really cheap. Then I might get some ham and cheese or something like that. I wouldn't be eating them if I made it to the bread store yesterday to get fresh pita bread, but I don't always get what I want.

Rastus

• Mindlessness Fuels Tyranny
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 567
« Reply #1114 on: June 04, 2023, 07:19:58 AM »
Hot Pockets are really cheap right now....in ingredients that is.  I bought some late last year for the first time in 5-10 years.  I won't make that mistake again.
Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.
It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
-William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)
                                                                                                                               Avoid subjugation, join the NRA!

Sponsor

« Reply #1115 on: Today at 10:38:21 PM »

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #1115 on: June 05, 2023, 05:30:58 AM »
I knew there was a good reason I didn't buy Hot Pockets for years. According to lore, hackers live in dark basements subsisting on Hot Pockets and Pop-Tarts. Maybe they're keeping Hot Pockets in business. I'm eating another one, but this time I have nice cool drink to accompany it. A tall glass full of Bacardi Spiced Rum and a variety of fruity flavors of freezer pops, with about 2 ounces of water I rinsed the Bacardi bottle out with. The rum was warm enough from setting in the cupboard to melt a cupful of freezer pops right away, and as I took a couple sips I added two more to what was still left in the glass. This is good. I need more rum!

PegLeg45

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #1116 on: June 05, 2023, 03:28:35 PM »
Leftovers from our family camping vacation.
Today was a burger topped with taco meat.  ;D ;D ;D  8)
"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

Majer

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 70
« Reply #1117 on: June 06, 2023, 11:48:00 AM »
Girl scout cookies...Do-si-dos to be exact.
"If violent crime is to be curbed, it is only the intended victim who can do it. The felon does not fear the police, and he fears neither judge nor jury. Therefore what he must be taught to fear is his victim." - Jeff Cooper
Pericles--"Freedom is only for those who have the guts to defend it".

The problem with society today is that not enough of us drink wine from our enemies skulls”.

It takes 43 muscles to frown, 17 to smile, and 3 for proper trigger squeeze.

Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars!!!
-Sheriff Jim Wilson
"When tyranny becomes law rebellion becomes duty" Thomas Jefferson
Es gibt keine Notwendigkeit zu befürchten, Underdog hier ist.
Great nations rise and fall. The people go from bondage to spiritual truth, to great courage, from courage to liberty, from liberty to abundance, from abundance to selfishness, from selfishness to complacency, from complacency to apathy, from apathy to dependence, from dependence back again to bondage. Where are we now??????

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #1118 on: June 06, 2023, 02:17:57 PM »
Bonus points for Peg if the Taco Burger had Cheddar on it.

I didn't know what Do-si-dos were so I looked them up. They sound good. Do-Si-Dos is also the name of an indica dominant (70% indica/30% sativa) hybrid strain of marijuana. It was created in 2016 by breeder Archive Seed Bank, through crossing the potent Girl Scout Cookies with Face Off OG. It has a super powerful 28-30% THC level that hits you fast and hard. It's also referred to as Dosi Doe, Dosi, or Dosido. When I read the part about its bright orange pistils, a mixture of green and lavender leaves, and a thick coat of white resinous trichomes I thought, that sounds good for making hash. It turns out there are 4 coffee shop in Amsterdam selling Do-si-dos hash, so someone else obviously agreed with me.

I had a bowl of Romaine lettuce with Classic Catalina dressing, and one with Tzatziki sauce, followed by leftover banana cream pie. That's one romaine heart down, and five more to go. The salad dressing may have been bad. I don't remember what it tasted like when I first opened it. I don't even remember when I opened it, so almost a whole bottle full went down the drain. I ate some coleslaw yesterday that I should have flushed down the toilet, and didn't want to top it off with a bottle full of bad salad dressing. I may buy some Caesar salad dressing, but I might just use the Tzatziki sauce for all the lettuce, since the big tub full is 60 servings, and I only have enough meat to make 12 gyros. I'm going to hike over to the bread store for fresh made pita bread in a moment. The banana cream pie had slightly more flavor than a glass of water, but was much less satisfying. And the Graham cracker crust was just a pile of crumbs in the shape of a crust.

PegLeg45

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #1119 on: June 06, 2023, 07:51:43 PM »
Bonus points for Peg if the Taco Burger had Cheddar on it.

Pepper Jack.  ;D ;D  8)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk