Author Topic: What's the last thing you ate or are currently eating?  (Read 185061 times)

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1087
Re: What's the last thing you ate or are currently eating?
« Reply #1400 on: March 28, 2024, 11:10:53 PM »
A half hour ago I was eating some more boneless zings, with sharp Pinconning cheese melted on them, and covered with salsa when one of my teeth snapped right off at the gum line. I don't know if there was a bone or something in them or I bit my fork. But it was a plastic fork and I've bitten down on them before. The fork may have broken other times, but not my teeth. This is the first time in my adult life that I broke a whole tooth off. I've chipped or cracked them a couple times before, biting down on stuff in my food that wasn't supposed to be there. It's not extremely painful at the moment but might keep me up all night.
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #1401 on: March 30, 2024, 12:03:38 AM »
Italian sausage & sweet peperonata (pepper and onion stew) with roasted garlic & herb potatoes. And Trump Hair cotton candy for dessert. I normally hate when I get hair in my mouth, but this isn't bad. ;D
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #1402 on: March 30, 2024, 05:09:14 AM »
I was going to eat a piece of cheese, but saw alkyhol in the fridge, and instead of eating, I drank a couple bottles of Jack Daniels Downhome Punch mixed with Evan Williams Peach, a blend of Kentucky Straight Bourbon and sweet, Georgia peaches. It's only 65 proof and tastes like a liqueur that one should have with dessert, or afterward. I'm going to bed but know I need a little nibble or I'll wake up hungry, way too soon. 

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #1403 on: March 31, 2024, 05:18:48 AM »
3 - 3 1/2 ounces of pulled rotisserie-style chicken mixed with hot BBQ sauce and ketchup, on an 8" sub bun with cheese melted in the bottom, topped with French's crispy fried onions. Yuuum-yum!

I slept all day Saturday and ost of the night, with nothing to eat, except sometimes when I got up to use the bathroom, I went down to the kitchen for 2 two-bite brownies, which BTW are also great with your morning coffee. Before I went to bed I ate a 4 ounce box of  Melting Parmesan Cheese Sticks dipped in Win Schuler's bacon cheddar cheese spread. If you tasted this combination, you'd know how easy it was to eat the whole box of fresh sourdough cheese sticks.

https://www.johnwmmacys.com/pages/cheesestick

I'll give my chicken sub a few more minutes to settle before I have a slice of St. Louis style gooey butter cake. It's Pie Piper brand like this, but 2.8 pounds instead of 2 ounces. :)

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #1404 on: March 31, 2024, 01:28:22 PM »
Had another sammich. Finished my sharp Pinconning cheese. time for gooey butter cake, lots of water, and a migraine pill.

Sponsor

« Reply #1405 on: Today at 01:16:42 AM »

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #1405 on: April 02, 2024, 05:28:14 AM »
4 egg rolls with hot mustard. I didn't have soy sauce or anything to dip them in so I mixed some hot sauce with hot & spicy mustard to try to make it hotter. It still didn't compare to Chinese mustard, so I stirred in some mustard powder and that was an improvement. But it was still more sour than hot.

The last thing I ate before that was Maple Bacon cotton candy. It tasted like I was picking the glaze off a good, smoky Honeybaked ham and eating it. Mmm.

My friends are weird, they don't like Honeybaked ham. They'd rather get an extremely salty ham with a quart of water injected into it, then bake it a few hours to cook the excess water out, leaving the outer couple inches of ham dry and tough. Sometimes they put pineapple slices on the ham or in the roasting pan, and they absorb so much salt they aren't even edible. But they don't like Honeybaked ham because a relative of theirs served it cold, straight out of the fridge one time. And it never occurred to anyone to put a few slices on their plate and warm it up in the microwave, before they put everything else on their plate, like the serving suggestion says to. I need smarter friends.

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #1406 on: April 04, 2024, 06:12:49 AM »
Melted medium cheddar, crispy fried onions, Chicago-style medium giardiniera, and 3 ounces of pulled rotisserie chicken on a sub bun, topped with Asiago Caesar dressing. It was good. Now I'm stuffed like a tick.  :D

PegLeg45

• NRA Life, SAF, Constitutionalist
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1030
« Reply #1407 on: April 04, 2024, 10:07:07 AM »
Multiple things since last I was on here:

Easter Sunday we had baked ham, fried yard bird, tater salad, butter beans, mac and cheese, deviled eggs, and rolls...12 layer chocolate cake and nanner puddin'.......
and leftovers from all this several times this week...
(when my wife cooks for the family, she cooks plenty).

Other meals for the week included:
-Cheese steak sandwich and fries
-Salad topped with chicken and cheese with ranch
-Hibachi sesame steak with onions and carrots
-Pecan thumb print cookies, sugar cookies....and Peeps.
"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #1408 on: April 04, 2024, 08:48:00 PM »
Over a pound of sliced baby red and yellow potatoes, roasted in avocado oil and butter, seasoned with sea salt, black pepper, and The Drunken Butcher Santa Maria Style seasoning (Sea Salt, spices including chili pepper, sugar, paprika, brown sugar, garlic, onion and not more than 2% tribalism phosphate added to prevent caring.) I'm sure that was supposed to be Tricalcium phosphate to prevent Caking , not Tribalism phosphate to prevent Caring. And I finished my box of two bite brownies with black coffee for dessert. The taters were god, but not as good as the cheesy scalloped taters I had the other day.

Tricalcium phosphate is used in powdered spices as an anticaking agent, e.g. to prevent table salt from caking. The calcium phosphates have been assigned European food additive number E341.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tricalcium_phosphate

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #1409 on: April 07, 2024, 04:20:33 PM »
Cheese ravioli mini rounds. https://www.rosina.com/consumers/consumer-brands/celentano-pasta-meatballs-entrees/mini-cheese-ravioli

Now I have Four Cheese Ravioli in the microwave. https://www.perfectpastainc.com/product/r-four-cheese-ravioli/

This doesn't have microwave instructions like the other one did, but I'm cooking it the same way - mix a bunch of sauce and water together, add pasta, and nuke the heck out f it. The pasta absorbs some of the water while it cooks, and the sauce thickens up some. I've had several products from both brands before and liked them all. This is the first time I remember cooking any of the Perfect Pasta brand in the microwave, instead of boiling or baking it. Some of the Celentano I had before was baked in sauce and water.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk