Author Topic: What's the last thing you ate or are currently eating?  (Read 194332 times)

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1134
Re: What's the last thing you ate or are currently eating?
« Reply #1460 on: May 18, 2024, 04:26:05 AM »
A small handful of "crisps"or tater chips us as normal folks call them. ;)  And 4 White Russians. I should sleep good after those. ;D Until I wake up hungry. :-[

While enjoying, truly enjoying, my adult beverages, I thought about going into a bar and ordering a White Ukrainian. When the confused bartender asks WTF is a White Ukrainian? I would tell them it's a White Russian with anything but Russian vodka. ;D  Think of of all the countries whose governments, or citizens, have been supporting Ukraine against the invasion by Russian forces, pick a country, and pick a vodka. I hear they have a lovely vodka made from potatoes in Idaho. Idaho. Potatoes. Vodka. Could it make any more perfect sense, in this universe or any other? I think not. My White Russians were Cutwater canned cocktails made with Cutwater American--made Vodka.

https://www.cutwaterspirits.com/canned-cocktails
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #1461 on: May 20, 2024, 04:05:06 PM »
A plate full of onion rings with Heinz Tomato Blood (57 Blood Types :))) ketchup they made right before Halloween last year. They've gotten good at making ketchup during the last 155 years and I extremely rarely buy anything else.
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

PegLeg45

• NRA Life, SAF, Constitutionalist
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1072
« Reply #1462 on: May 21, 2024, 06:41:33 PM »
Two nanner sammiches and a cup of chocolate pudding.
"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

Rastus

• Mindlessness Fuels Tyranny
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 602
« Reply #1463 on: May 21, 2024, 09:24:04 PM »
Tuna mixed with mayo, onions and dill pickles.
Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.
It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
-William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)
                                                                                                                               Avoid subjugation, join the NRA!

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #1464 on: May 22, 2024, 02:10:20 AM »
I had fish and chips, and a caramel shake for breakfast, and a leftover Mexicali burger for lunch. Unlike most places, they gave me more than enough tarter sauce for my cod, but I got an extra chipotle tarter sauce to dip all of my fries in. I didn't use any ketchup until now when I ate a bit plate full of tater puffs with Heinz tomato blood.

Tater tots are grated potatoes formed into small cylinders and deep-fried, often served as a side dish. The name "tater tot" is a registered trademark of the American frozen food company Ore-Ida, but is often used as a generic term. "Tater" is short for potato. Ore-Ida also markets a coin-shaped version called "Crispy Crowns".

Tater tots were invented in 1953 when American frozen food company Ore-Ida founders F. Nephi Grigg, Golden Grigg, and Ross Erin Butler Sr. were trying to figure out what to do with leftover slivers of cut-up potatoes. They chopped up the slivers, added flour and seasoning, then pushed the mash through holes and sliced off pieces of the extruded mixture. The product was first offered commercially in stores in 1956.

The name "Tater Tot" is a registered trademark of Ore-Ida—which has been a subsidiary of Heinz since 1965—but has become so widely associated with the dish that it is often used as a generic term. "Tater" is short for potato. The name "Tater Tot" was created in the 1950s, and soon trademarked by a member of the Ore-Ida company's research committee who used a thesaurus to come up with an alliterative name.

Originally, the product was very inexpensive; according to advertising lectures at Iowa State University, people did not buy it at first because there was no perceived value. When the price was raised, people began buying it. Today, Americans consume approximately 70 million pounds of Tater Tots, or 3,710,000,000 Tots per year.

Tater Tots sounds better than Tater Scraps which is what they really are. I thought about sprinkling a little Cajun seasoning on them and may do that whenever I finish the bag.

Sponsor

« Reply #1465 on: Today at 09:47:05 PM »

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #1465 on: May 22, 2024, 09:09:11 PM »
I ate a whole pound of onion rings dipped in regular ketchup mixed with hot and spicy ketchup. I think I'm about to slip into a food coma. I was already getting tired a few hours after I got up today, but now, fuhgeddaboudit.

PegLeg45

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #1466 on: May 24, 2024, 08:41:47 AM »
Chicken pot pie for lunch yesterday and leftover Salisbury steak (from previous night) made a couple of sandwiches for supper last night.

Oatmeal pie for today's breakfast.
"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #1467 on: May 29, 2024, 05:11:49 AM »
I just had a bowl of chili with Cholula Original hot sauce and the last of a huge bag of French's crispy fried onions. I was drinking a bottle of Dunkin' rich chocolatey mocha iced coffee with it. After I drank half a bottle I got the other bottle out of the fridge and divided it evenly, then filled them both with Admiral Nelson's spiced rum. I drank a little bit to make some room and poured the rest of the rum in.

It's really good, but plain rum would probably be even better. It reminds me a little bit of Asbach brandy filled chocolates from Germany. And a little bit of Black Russians or Brandy Alexanders. It's strange that rum, brandy, cognac, and vodka would taste as similar as they do when mixed with chocolate and/or coffee, but alcohol is alcohol, and it's not the main flavor. There are several Chocolate, Coffee & Rum desserts and some cocktails like this one, but nothing as simple as what I made. If I can remember, I'll be buying more mocha iced coffee. I have a jug of Bacardi spiced rum in the freezer and another one setting there in the kitchen, so I can make lots of whatever that was.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oh7vM2054M0

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #1468 on: May 29, 2024, 07:52:49 PM »
French toast sticks with Mrs. Butterworth's Cinnabon bakery inspired syrup.

PegLeg45

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #1469 on: May 29, 2024, 09:00:42 PM »
Hot dogs for supper.

Now lemme tell y'all about my new favorite snack food: Dot's Pretzels cinnamon and sugar flavor....oh sweet mercy these things are good. They sell several flavors, but these are all I've tried yet.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk