Author Topic: New Beretta / Wilson Combat 92-G Brigadier Ordered  (Read 4191 times)

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1048
Re: New Beretta / Wilson Combat 92-G Brigadier Ordered
« Reply #10 on: December 30, 2018, 10:32:08 PM »
I like the reddish hue better as well, instead of the mustard yellow.

According to some test I'm almost completely colorblind and I'm red/green colorblind, but I saw a tint of green. I didn't see mustard yellow anywhere.
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

billt

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 454
« Reply #11 on: December 31, 2018, 02:10:24 AM »
To be honest, when you consider the cost of the gun, I would have preferred some type of nicely finished exotic hardwood. But this is a combat / service pistol, so I can understand why they went with G-10 grips. They're all the rage now anyway. And people have to have the, "flavor of the month".

billt

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 454
« Reply #12 on: January 08, 2019, 12:38:28 PM »
I got the Wilson Combat / Beretta out to the range early this morning. I brought 350 rounds but only fired 250. It was really cold and damp out, and my fingers were freezing from loading the 3 magazines I brought with me. The gun shot beautifully. Not a single malfunction. The trigger is nice, but typical Beretta with a lot of take up in single action. But it broke nice and crisp, at what I would guess to be right around 5 pounds or so. The sights are crystal clear, and print at point of hold.

All my shooting was from 50 feet. Normally I like shooting from 25 yards. But we got a lot of rain the other day, and the range was really muddy beyond the 50 foot target stands, so that is where I shot from. . All 3 of the Beretta supplied magazines loaded and fed flawlessly. My ammo was all Remington 115 Gr. FMJ Law Enforcement Training Ammo. I started shooting as soon as it was light enough to see the target. And this ammo provided quite a bit of muzzle flash. The cases all piled up in a neat 3 foot circle just a few feet to the right, and back about the same amount.

The gun shoots well, and is very accurate. Even with cheap ammo. Overall I'm very pleased with it's performance. One would expect as much from a $1,300.00 pistol. But these days you never know until you shoot it. This thing will get shot a lot. Between the excellent sights, good trigger and ergonomics, and butter smooth slide and action, it's pretty hard to put it down.

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1048
« Reply #13 on: January 08, 2019, 06:03:35 PM »
It sounds like a great gun.

If you get tired of the cold, wet climate come to Michigan. :) It got up to at least 50 yesterday. But it cooled off and we still have a long way to go. I may have to get my snow shovel out at some point in the next couple of months. For now it's still in the basement where I left it last year.
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk