Author Topic: RCBS chargemaster  (Read 2010 times)

robert69

• Active Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
RCBS chargemaster
« on: February 02, 2019, 09:36:36 AM »
Hi All,
I have three RCBS chargemasters.  I just use a RCBS rockchucker press, so if I go into production mode, I can use 1-2-3 of the chargemasters, depending on the quantity of rounds to load.
Anyway, one of the problems with these units is if you are loading "stick" powders, (4064 as an example), you will get a overweight amount of powder by .1-.3, occasionally.  Nothing wrong with the units, its just that the kernels can jam together at the output tube when in trickle mode, and you can get too much.
Anyway, I just read about a simple solution to the problem, and it works!
Get a Mcdonalds straw or equivalent, cut it into 1-1/4 inch lengths with a razor blade (so no burrs), and insert it into the trickle tube.  It reduces the powder granule hang up in the tube, and greatly reduced the over weight charges.  I have been using these units for years, and I had not heard of this. 
One comment, the straw needs to fit snugly into the tube, so a Subway straw is a little bit too small in diameter.
Just another of someone else's idea that works.

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 853
Re: RCBS chargemaster
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2019, 07:25:28 PM »
Excellent fix!  However, what are you going to do with the straw bans?
If I appear taller than other men it is because I am standing on the shoulders of others.

robert69

• Active Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: RCBS chargemaster
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2019, 11:07:03 PM »
OK, straw bans.  I understand their concerns over them in the ocean.
But I learned a long time ago you can't fix stupid, and the the politicians that can't find a job.
I guess I will HAVE TO STOCK UP, LIKE PRIMERS, POWDER, BULLETS, AND BRASS.
oops, I did not realize I hit the cap lock key, oh well.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk