Author Topic: Pistol Caliber AR Build  (Read 12290 times)

les snyder

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Pistol Caliber AR Build
« Reply #40 on: March 02, 2021, 07:34:29 PM »
we get some bright ass sunlight, and it helps to keep the dot bright

tombogan03884

« Reply #41 on: March 03, 2021, 08:46:32 AM »
we get some bright ass sunlight, and it helps to keep the dot bright

That's less of an issue in NH, but remembering to buy batteries can be.    ;D

Dirty Bob

• Very Active Forum Member
  • Usual Suspect
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 55
« Reply #42 on: March 03, 2021, 10:47:37 AM »
Hey, Rastus,

Did you ever decide what kind of PCC you were gonna build? I did a blowback 9mm a few years ago. I used a CMMG lower that was set up for Colt-type 9mm stick mags. I've been happy with it. It runs well and doesn't beat me up that much, even with the narrow Blade brace. I can provide a parts list if you're interested. If I built another, I would NOT use the stupid gas deflector ejection port cover. It was a PITA to install, and I don't think it does that much. I do like the SMG-type mags. IMHO, they're more reliable than the vaunted Glock mags.

All my best...
-------------
Maker, tinkerer, general nerd

"Can't stop the signal, Mal." - Serenity (2005)

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1073
« Reply #43 on: March 06, 2021, 01:30:02 AM »
Aero Precision launched their EPC-9 receiver sets for 9mm or 40S&W AR builds a few days ago. Coming soon will be the EPC-10 lineup for 10mm or 45ACP AR builds. The EPC-9 receiver set accepts standard frame GLOCK magazines and has a last round bolt hold open integrated into the upper receiver. The EPC-10 will be the same, only bigger and better. An EPC-10 carbine in 10mm would be EPIC.

https://www.aeroprecisionusa.com/epc
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

Rastus

• Mindlessness Fuels Tyranny
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 567
« Reply #44 on: March 06, 2021, 08:43:13 AM »
I am pretty set...at least today...to get a 10MM.  I'm waiting now for prices to come down or a job....  I hate spending retirement $$$'s on that right now.  Maybe after I sell some livestock but that's out a ways waiting on the cows, donkeys and dogs to produce something to sell.
Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.
It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
-William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)
                                                                                                                               Avoid subjugation, join the NRA!

Sponsor

« Reply #45 on: Today at 10:54:52 AM »

tombogan03884

« Reply #45 on: March 06, 2021, 09:01:18 AM »
I am pretty set...at least today...to get a 10MM.  I'm waiting now for prices to come down or a job....  I hate spending retirement $$$'s on that right now.  Maybe after I sell some livestock but that's out a ways waiting on the cows, donkeys and dogs to produce something to sell.

I got that Aero Precision pistol in 10 mm.
LOVE IT !
HOWEVER, it is a COMMERCIAL design that lacks some of the simplicity of the AR's.
The only 10 mm AR upper I can think of is CMMG, expensive, but probably worth it if you can afford it.
 10MM is now one of the less expensive calibers.

Rastus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #46 on: March 06, 2021, 04:50:26 PM »
CMMG is way high priced.  I need that price to fall.  A 9MM or a 45 may be a better choice in so far as keeping the caliber count down but they just don't do what the 10MM can do.

tombogan03884

« Reply #47 on: March 06, 2021, 06:01:16 PM »
45 will be the same price.
It's what the 10 mm was originally designed for.

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1073
« Reply #48 on: March 08, 2021, 10:40:30 PM »

Ya got a herd of dairy dogs? :)
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

Rastus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #49 on: March 09, 2021, 02:33:32 PM »
Nope.  Blue Healers, Papillons and a Catahoula that's really nice.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk