Author Topic: More ID's Than Should Be Allowed  (Read 1226 times)

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 853
More ID's Than Should Be Allowed
« on: August 25, 2019, 02:21:32 PM »
Sixteen and a half months ago we moved into our home in the SW suburbs of Chicago.  Since that day, I have transferred my Driver License, which since I hold a CDL Illinois treats me like a brand new driver for all fees and testing; I purchased my Firearm Owner's Identification Card (FOID); I took sixteen hours of class, including a written knowledge test, a proficiency test to demonstrate knowledge, safe handling, and proficiency with a handgun; I have had a background check by the Department of Homeland Security, the Illinois State Police, and the FBI; I have been fingerprinted twice and had four facial recognition photos taken; I have been through two waiting periods, the most recent 90 days, to allow ALL law enforcement in the state to weigh in on me; and I have handed over just shy of $625 for firearms items alone.  With all of this I have three pieces of plastic that have a self life 4, 5 & 10 years.  If I carry all three of these plastic cards, I have permission to use my firearms.

I am sure this is what the Founding Fathers intended when they ratified the words "shall not be infringed" as a way to protect our nation against enemies.

With all of these background checks and this training, you would think I would be able to walk into any gun shop in the nation, and walk out with any firearm I paid for, wouldn't you.

Tell me again, what are the requirements, hurdles, you must meet before you pen a word on a public forum, speak in public, or vote?
If I appear taller than other men it is because I am standing on the shoulders of others.

Rastus

• Mindlessness Fuels Tyranny
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 563
Re: More ID's Than Should Be Allowed
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2019, 05:34:10 PM »
Bingo.

If the other "rights" enumerated by the Constitution and given by God had this kind of hassle related to them there would be an uproar.  Well, would have had an uproar. 

The youngsters are learning how to be good drones thanks to our "higher education". 
Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.
It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
-William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)
                                                                                                                               Avoid subjugation, join the NRA!

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 92
Re: More ID's Than Should Be Allowed
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2019, 09:32:01 PM »
You know when I moved out of ca, I bought a bunch of guns, not so much because I wanted them, but because I could not have them.   Now 9 tax stamps later and a dozen firearms I have leaned 3 things, 1 you really don't know how messed up thi he are until you live them.  2 the laws stop no on from getting thier hands on guns.  3 there are so many federal restrictions that need to be fixed.
I always break all the clay pigeons,  some times its even with lead.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk