Author Topic: Colt suspending production of AR-15 for civilians  (Read 7807 times)

Rastus

• Mindlessness Fuels Tyranny
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 563
Re: Colt suspending production of AR-15 for civilians
« Reply #20 on: October 25, 2019, 06:29:37 PM »
I sure hope it works out for you.  Looks like a really tight place to be in.
Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.
It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
-William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)
                                                                                                                               Avoid subjugation, join the NRA!

crusader rabbit

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 26
« Reply #21 on: October 26, 2019, 06:47:25 AM »
Thanks!  I was doing part time at Lowe's but the place was toxic...worked there for a month.  I'm limited on income for SSA.  Working 25-30 hours until I'm 65 then I'll decide if I want to pick up more hours.  I have SS, small pension and possibly a small disability from the VA coming.  We're fine unless I need health care...playing roulette on that issue at the moment.

Obamacare/Romneycare is not cheap so I opted not to buy it...

I have found VA healthcare to be quite satisfactory.  Got a pair of titanium hips and a hiatel hernia repair that are/were as good as anything available on the outside.  About a month ago I got my knees shot up with something callel synvis and I'm almost pain-free for the first time in years.  Look into it.  If you qualify for a small disability, you certainly qualify for healthcare.

Crusader Rabbit
“I’ve lived the literal meaning of the ‘land of the free’ and ‘home of the brave.’ It’s not corny for me. I feel it in my heart. I feel it in my chest. Even at a ball game, when someone talks during the anthem or doesn’t take off his hat, it pisses me off. I’m not one to be quiet about it, either.”  Chris Kyle

Timothy

« Reply #22 on: October 26, 2019, 08:29:58 AM »
If you qualify for a small disability, you certainly qualify for healthcare.

Crusader Rabbit

This year, my income was way too high for VA medical coverage even being unemployed since April.  My unemployment was $800 a week.  Next year it's still going to be close.  Since I'm a non combat, single hitch Vet, my local VA guy says my bennies are pretty limited.  He suggested the hearing exam for a small disability payment.  I went to Boston last week for the exam.

I was able to visit something I've been wanting to see however.  I'll post some pics on another thread.

Solus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 43
« Reply #23 on: October 26, 2019, 08:50:12 AM »
VA Health Care  ***

Was eligible for it when I was discharged after 3 years service on June 4th, 1968, but always had health coverage through my work and felt I'd not take advantage of it and reduce funds available for Vets who had no other coverage.

After I was "down sized" at age 62 in Jan of 2009, I applied and found that changes from when I was first eligible after discharge had added an income component.  I was still qualified but had a co-pay that I would not have had if I can signed up way back then. 

Lesson I learned.  If you have any "benefit" grab it while it is available and forget any "others might need it more" charitable thinking because that good will won't be offered to you.

Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!"
—Patrick Henry

"Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority. It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters."
— Daniel Webster

Timothy

« Reply #24 on: October 26, 2019, 09:14:30 AM »
Cabela's does offer part timers health, vision and dental coverage after 90 days.  I'm sure it probably has more to offer so I'll buy into that for sure.

Lowe's had a plan for part timers as well that was pretty cheap including life, casualty, health, dental, vision and it was quite affordable.  Far cheaper than the Romneycare that wants $500/month with a $3000 deductible.  I'll look further into VA care once I've established a consistent income stream.

With the exception of a bad attitude, my health isn't too bad...

Sponsor

« Reply #25 on: Today at 04:54:05 AM »

PegLeg45

• NRA Life, SAF, Constitutionalist
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1014
« Reply #25 on: October 28, 2019, 08:18:00 AM »
I have found VA healthcare to be quite satisfactory.  Got a pair of titanium hips and a hiatel hernia repair that are/were as good as anything available on the outside.  About a month ago I got my knees shot up with something callel synvis and I'm almost pain-free for the first time in years.  Look into it.  If you qualify for a small disability, you certainly qualify for healthcare.

Crusader Rabbit

CR, I call it chicken juice  ;D
Synvisc (made of a naturally occurring substance called hyaluronic acid found in rooster combs) is good stuff if it works (sadly, some percentage of folks do not respond to the treatment). Synvisc is what helps my right knee stay relatively pain free except for a few times per year and then some Voltaren gel helps. I get one every six months...which reminds me, I need to call and make an appointment.

"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

Timothy

« Reply #26 on: October 30, 2019, 01:02:51 PM »
Passed my drug test and background..

I gotta change my boring lifestyle!

:)

Jim Kennedy-ar154me

• Top Forum Member
  • NRA Life Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1404
« Reply #27 on: October 30, 2019, 01:56:42 PM »
Passed my drug test and background..

I gotta change my boring lifestyle!

:)
;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

I have used the VA for about 6 or 7 years. My current job (had for 3 years) does have insurance. I still use the VA. While scheduling came SUCK sometimes I have NEVER had a bad doctor or meet anyone that was not a pleasent person there. I do have small co-pays and I was in for just over 3 years. Only 3 years but I enjoyed them a lot.
The time for action is upon us and the enemy is at our gates. Let us not allow them one more inch of advancement but instead throw them through the gates of Hell.

clarkemyers

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #28 on: July 01, 2020, 01:44:13 AM »
VA is pretty good for old men with geriatric problems. Not so good most other people.

Rumored that Colt is getting back into the MSR/AR market middle of 2020 after Remington competition goes away.

tombogan03884

« Reply #29 on: July 01, 2020, 10:25:19 AM »
Colt is irrelevant. They haven't introduced a new product since the original Python.
Unless you want to count the American 2000 which they would prefer forgotten.
They don't even own the rights to their own guns.
All their intellectual properties were sold off decades ago.
Like Thompson Center, it's just a trade name now.
They aren't even that good at making their own products.
There are much better AR's and 1911's out there.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk